Adam Cooney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
ffuuuunnnnnyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
headshake.gif
Welcome come on, its not like the Crows have ever shown much interest in embracing SA's football history by recruiting `sons of' beyond Robran.

Francou, Cornes, Ebert, Cochrane, Tredrea - its pretty clear which club is South Australian football.

Originally posted by Porthos
Welcome come on, its not like the Crows have ever shown much interest in embracing SA's football history by recruiting `sons of' beyond Robran.

Francou, Cornes, Ebert, Cochrane, Tredrea - its pretty clear which club is South Australian football.
Crap.

Francou was overlooked by everyone. Chad wasn't available when our first pick came around, Kane was but we needed a ruckman and went for Angwin, had no chance of getting Ebert, Cochrane wasn't much chop and Tredrea didn't want to play for anyone but Port. Didn't Tredrea tell Collingwood to shove it up their pipe and smoke it when they asked him to enter a draft so they could select him as a 17 year old????? He wanted to wait around and play for Port.

Firstly, :D

Secondly, why do you reckon Stephen Doyle ended up at Sydney instead of Adelaide?

Firstly, :D

Secondly, why do you reckon Stephen Doyle ended up at Sydney instead of Adelaide?
Did he qualify for the father-son pick?????? I am not flash on SANFl history but if his dad played for South did he play the required 250 games at the time??????

Yeah, him and Heath James both were.

The requirement at the time was something like 100 SANFL games -AND- 50 VFL/AFL games.

Yeah, him and Heath James both were.

The requirement at the time was something like 100 SANFL games -AND- 50 VFL/AFL games.
Weren't the requirements 250 SANFL games or 200 WAFL games of 50 AFL/VFL games until a couple of years ago????

When the rules got changes the VFL/AFL games were increased by 50 and the SANFL and WAFL games were reduced by 50 to make it fairer on SA and WA clubs. They also scrapped that rule that allowed a son to be picked up by a club if his father coached for 5 years at that club.

I am pretty sure those were the rules until a couple of years ago.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Weren't the requirements 250 SANFL games or 200 WAFL games of 50 AFL/VFL games until a couple of years ago????

When the rules got changes the VFL/AFL games were increased by 50 and the SANFL and WAFL games were reduced by 50 to make it fairer on SA and WA clubs. They also scrapped that rule that allowed a son to be picked up by a club if his father coached for 5 years at that club.

I am pretty sure those were the rules until a couple of years ago.
Nah. It was an SANFL + VFL required component that made the `son' available to Port, Crows and whoever the VFL club was.

Choco's kids previously were eligible to play for Port and he made his own whinge about the change when it was made because he didn't meet the SANFL games (now needing to be at one club) requirement when it went up.

There may have been a brief intervening variation, but thats the rule that was in play when Doyle went up, I'm sure of that.

Originally posted by spindoctor
Apparently Adelaide have the same father-son rights as Port, because Port was meant to have no direct linkage to Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL (a big thing was made about them being separate, and Port players were spread among SANFL clubs).

So Adelaide could claim a father-son from the local league.

Otherwise how unfair would that be: Port gets to pick up Port faher-son players, but Adelaide has none whatsoever?

The Adelaide/Port father-son rule is based on the SANFL as a whole as far as I understand.

Well your understaind is completely wrong.

Unfortunately for you, PAfowlr (or however the fukc your stupid name is spelt) it's hard to have a tall poppy syndrome when your club chokes so amusingly every year. I'd rather have my team middle through the season and have a middling finals campaign than have them crush all before them before collapsing like a pack of chumps in the finals.

Tall poppy? Hahahahahahah, I mock your club, I'm not jealous of it.

Originally posted by spindoctor
Unfortunately for you, PAfowlr (or however the fukc your stupid name is spelt) it's hard to have a tall poppy syndrome when your club chokes so amusingly every year. I'd rather have my team middle through the season and have a middling finals campaign than have them crush all before them before collapsing like a pack of chumps in the finals.

Tall poppy? Hahahahahahah, I mock your club, I'm not jealous of it.
Are there any threads were you don't make a dill of yourself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back