Mod. Notice Adam Goodes and racism discussion on the main board

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Ive already answered. If it gets to the same extent that the Goodes plague has, then yes similar action would be taken.
As I have said, you are therefore formalising the differentiation or discrimination, choose your word, of a single player. You can do what you want in your position. You need to know that in the context of the discussion topic, in case it hasn't struck you, you are reinforcing the differentiation.

As I have said, you are therefore formalising the differentiation or discrimination, choose your word, of a single player. You can do what you want in your position. You need to know that in the context of the discussion topic, in case it hasn't struck you, you are reinforcing the differentiation.

Differentiation occurs all the time. In fact, at this moment all Essendon and drugs talk is confined to HTB.

We are not a government institution. This is a privately run website. You can debate the principle of it but in the end you always post subject to BF rules and not some overriding idea of freedom of expression or racial discrimination.

Lol. I have to ask you that same question. Do you know and understand what is happening? Is it or is it not a player specific rule?
Glad I brought some mirth to your morn.

To frame it as some sort of "special treatment" is kneejerk.

Any discussion of Adam Goodes that is not directly about his football, belongs elsewhere. Same as for any player.

Can't see that's so difficult to understand, nay comply with.

Some people just want to see a conspiracy.

Differentiation occurs all the time. In fact, at this moment all Essendon and drugs talk is confined to HTB.

We are not a government institution. This is a privately run website. You can debate the principle of it but in the end you always post subject to BF rules and not some overriding idea of freedom of expression or racial discrimination.
I understand and appreciate that you make the rules. Do you want me to crawl off because I don't make the rules? Perhaps you do :) in any event, you need to know that this rule is ridiculous, unsustainable if you are setting a precedent to start applying it to other players, and self defeating.

Glad I brought some mirth to your morn.

To frame it as some sort of "special treatment" is kneejerk.

Any discussion of Adam Goodes that is not directly about his football, belongs elsewhere. Same as for any player.

Can't see that's so difficult to understand, nay comply with.

Some people just want to see a conspiracy.
Is special approval required to post abt any and every player?

I'd say it's a circumstance specific rule.

Precisely. This applies to Goodes at this time due to prolific amount of material being generated in threads where its simply not needed. We want to try and make that a little more manageable for all. This would apply to other players if the problem reaches the same extent.

I understand and appreciate that you make the rules. Do you want me to crawl off because I don't make the rules? Perhaps you do :) in any event, you need to know that this rule is ridiculous, unsustainable if you are setting a precedent to start applying it to other players, and self defeating.

If no-one could talk about Stephen Milne without 'rapist' being thrown around everywhere, the same principle would apply. We cracked down heavily on drugs talk once the Essendon scandal broke and quarantined it, but still warnings and infractions have been given to those who want to start something on the main board.

As Kummerspeck states, we differentiate according to circumstance. And there is never a blanket prohibition - see point 4 of the topic post. Essendon drugs stuff is better off on HTB, and racism stuff is better off on SRP. And we vet whether a potential Adam Goodes newsworthy incident is worthy of being posted on the main board to try and stem the persistent derailment, but it does not necessarily mean nothing about Adam Goodes will ever appear on the main board - see point 2 of the topic post.

Hope that helps clarify our viewpoint.

I'd say it's a circumstance specific rule.
The way it is worded, it is most definitely a person specific rule. If they wanted to make it abt an issue, or a set of behaviours, then fine. But they have made it more about Adam Goodes than it ever was. It's amazingly poorly thought through.

The way it is worded, it is most definitely a person specific rule. If they wanted to make it abt an issue, or a set of behaviours, then fine. But they have made it more about Adam Goodes than it ever was. It's amazingly poorly thought through.

We're going around in circles now.

Thread is closed. If you want to supply further feedback to the mods, PM me - or an admin if you're unhappy with my responses.

We will advise when this new policy no longer applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back