Society/Culture Adam Goodes, Bachar Houli, and the Inclusivness of Australians

Remove this Banner Ad

On the evidence the booing was all about race. No amount of excuse making will change that.

You can go on with your PC warriors and apologists and leftists and all the other rubbish, simple fact remains, the booing of Adam Goodes was racially motivated.
No it wasn't and the facts suggest you cannot conclusively conclude that it was.

Also the only one who made that Carlton game racial was Adam Goodes with the celebration.

Finally were Bombers fans racist for booing him here? Note how this is before the Australian of the Year and the Ape incident...

No it wasn't and the facts suggest you cannot conclusively conclude that it was.

Also the only one who made that Carlton game racial was Adam Goodes with the celebration.

Finally were Bombers fans racist for booing him here? Note how this is before the Australian of the Year and the Ape incident...

So I cannot conclude conclusively that it was racially motivated.

But you can conclude conclusively that it wasn't racially motivated.

Yeah nah. You are full of sh!t.

The booing was racially motivated. No amount of deflecting will change that.

So I cannot conclude conclusively that it was racially motivated.

But you can conclude conclusively that it wasn't racially motivated.

Yeah nah. You are full of sh!t.

The booing was racially motivated. No amount of deflecting will change that.
I can conclude it wasn't racially motivated because there is no clear evidence which conclusively determines that only one factor was responsible for the booing. Thus as I have said repeatedly, people would have booed him for other reasons such as being a flog which seems to come up as a repeat reason why a number of supporters don't respect him much like they did not respect other players like Barry Hall, the tiprat, Steve Johnson among others and also booed them.

The only one who is full of s**t is you who is trying to claim desperately that the only reason goodes got booed was for racist reasons which has been debunked many times.

I can conclude it wasn't racially motivated because there is no clear evidence which conclusively determines that only one factor was responsible for the booing. Thus as I have said repeatedly, people would have booed him for other reasons such as being a flog which seems to come up as a repeat reason why a number of supporters don't respect him much like they did not respect other players like Barry Hall, the tiprat, Steve Johnson among others and also booed them.

The only one who is full of s**t is you who is trying to claim desperately that the only reason goodes got booed was for racist reasons which has been debunked many times.

The only desperate one is you, trying to make up any kind of excuse for it not to be racially motivated.

Goodes got booed by racist morons who thought they could hide behind 'he's a sniper'.

The only desperate one is you, trying to make up any kind of excuse for it not to be racially motivated.

Goodes got booed by racist morons who thought they could hide behind 'he's a sniper'.
I don't need to desperately claim or make up excuses for it to not be racially motivated because the facts show there is clearly insufficient evidence to conclude that it was.

Not everything is black and white, separated into two distinct and easily differentiated groups representing all or nothing. You can't claim to know the inner workings of thousands of people's minds and say your conclusion is fact. That's just Illogical and silly. The most reasonable explanation is that some people were racially motivated (or at least significantly so) in booing, and some people were not. The issue is far too complex than all or nothing.

I don't need to desperately claim or make up excuses for it to not be racially motivated because the facts show there is clearly insufficient evidence to conclude that it was.

You already did make desperate claims and excuses.

The dance.... F'ing LOL.

The evidence is clear.

The booing went viral within a really short time. That timeframe coincides perfectly with the time that he became AOTY and spoke out on racial issues.
You will keep trying to shoehorn in diving/sniping/MRP preferential treatment because without it you know it makes the booing racially motivated.

Not everything is black and white, separated into two distinct and easily differentiated groups representing all or nothing. You can't claim to know the inner workings of thousands of people's minds and say your conclusion is fact. That's just Illogical and silly. The most reasonable explanation is that some people were racially motivated (or at least significantly so) in booing, and some people were not. The issue is far too complex than all or nothing.

There's a fairly simple equation which puts it all into perspective really:

Booing a player = Part of our game.
Booing Goodes = Racism.

Or so the AFL would have us all believe.

You already did make desperate claims and excuses.

The dance.... F'ing LOL.

The evidence is clear.

The booing went viral within a really short time. That timeframe coincides perfectly with the time that he became AOTY and spoke out on racial issues.
You will keep trying to shoehorn in diving/sniping/MRP preferential treatment because without it you know it makes the booing racially motivated.
LOL it has been explained to you before why it wasn't conclusively racial.

> Players who have done celebrations seen to antagonise or incite the crowd have been repeatedly booed over history for it. Wacko Jacko, Tiprat Milne and Tony Lockett have been given s**t by the crowd for being seen to give it to them.

> You're making assumptions about crowd behaviour on the topic of race, yet the same assumptions can therefore be reasonably made that people were booing him for simply being a flog and inciting the crowd.

> The same people who claim that the fans are 'too stupid or too ignorant' to see how booing Goodes is supposedly racist suddenly expected these 'too stupid and ignorant' fans to know that what he did was an Aboriginal War Dance. A number of people had no idea what it was until it was explained to them after the fact.

> The Milne and Harry O'Brien swearing went viral just as quickly after it happened too. Was that also racist by your logic, even though no reasonable person would claim or be able to prove it was?

> There is clear evidence of Goodes being booed before the APE incident and the AOTY. Thus this further shows that Goodes wasn't suddenly booed after these two race related issues happen.

Therefore as I have said all along, the evidence shows that there is no way anyone can conclusively state that the Goodes booing was completely for racist reasons. It is impossible for you to categorically know or prove that everyone was booing him on race and thus there is no way you can make such conclusion. Case closed.

LOL it has been explained to you before why it wasn't conclusively racial.

Still trying to argue it isn't conclusive that it was racially motivated at the SAME TIME as arguing it wasn't racially motivated.

Your logic needs a little bit of fine tuning.
By a little, I mean a lot.

Still trying to argue it isn't conclusive that it was racially motivated at the SAME TIME as arguing it wasn't racially motivated.

The irony in you telling anyone that their logic needs fine tuning when you have been telling people the booing was conclusively and undeniably racially motivated despite not being able to provide significant evidence to support this.

Also nothing wrong with my logic. If you can't conclusively say something is just say racially motivated then you cannot say that it was just racially motivated as the only reason for something like Adam Goodes being booed. This is exactly what you have done throughout this thread.

The irony in you telling anyone that their logic needs fine tuning when you have been telling people the booing was conclusively and undeniably racially motivated despite not being able to provide significant evidence to support this.

Also nothing wrong with my logic. If you can't conclusively say something is just say racially motivated then you cannot say that it was just racially motivated as the only reason for something like Adam Goodes being booed. This is exactly what you have done throughout this thread.

Umm no, you are the one that said it was inconclusive, I said no such thing. I was merely pointing out the failure in your logic.

I have always said that there is no ambiguity, the booing was racially motivated.
You can put as much lipstick on that pig as you feel the need, it is still going to be a pig.
The booing was racially motivated.

Umm no, you are the one that said it was inconclusive, I said no such thing. I was merely pointing out the failure in your logic.

I have always said that there is no ambiguity, the booing was racially motivated.
You can put as much lipstick on that pig as you feel the need, it is still going to be a pig.
Some of it definitely,but not all of it!
Many booed simply because they were told not to,most Australians don’t like being mollycoddled into certain behaviours that authority deem acceptable.
I think you know this,you’re not daft 37!
The taco reference in the muslim thread is evidence of that,I lol’d

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying that everyone booed Goodes because of racism or just some people did?

Are you saying that everyone booed Goodes because of racism or just some people did?

If you read comments such as the last line in this post, then I would dare say that he is referring to everyone. All thread he has said through his posts that Goodes was booed for racist reasons cause of things like it being around Aust of the Year, the Ape Incident and the complaints made by Goodes about booing.

If you read comments such as the last line in this post, then I would dare say that he is referring to everyone. All thread he has said through his posts that Goodes was booed for racist reasons cause of things like it being around Aust of the Year, the Ape Incident and the complaints made by Goodes about booing.
Fair enough but I think the poster deserves a right of reply.

Fair enough but I think the poster deserves a right of reply.
So do I but considering he has refused to say there were non racially motivated reasons for the booing across multiple posts then I feel it would be a little hypocritical to now say it wasn't solely racially motivasted.

The booing, as a collective, was racially motivated.

So because Goodes was aboriginal, then it had to be all racially motivated?....Interesting logic.

That was certainly the line the AFL & the Sydney media were promulgating & would have us all believe.

It's a bit like saying, booing anyone who isn't of an Anglo Saxon background must of necessity be racially motivated.

You can see how this line of argumentation is fundamentally flawed.

I guess another interesting question - prefaced upon these same lines - would be:.... Would Adam have been nominated & received the AOTY if he wasn't Aboriginal?

I hope you can see where I'm going with this.....Was this award 'Racially motivated'?

Sort of answering my question I guess. I can see how it would be interpreted this way.

If you child has a group of friends that bully another child, but your child never does any bullying, is your child a bully?
Does the child getting bullied see your child as a bully?

So because Goodes was aboriginal, then it had to be all racially motivated?....Interesting logic.

That was certainly the line the AFL & the Sydney media were promulgating & would have us all believe.

It's a bit like saying, booing anyone who isn't of an Anglo Saxon background must of necessity be racially motivated.

You can see how this line of argumentation is fundamentally flawed.

I guess another interesting question - prefaced upon these same lines - would be:.... Would Adam have been nominated & received the AOTY if he wasn't Aboriginal?

I hope you can see where I'm going with this.....Was this award 'Racially motivated'?

That's simplistic rubbish.

If you child has a group of friends that bully another child, but your child never does any bullying, is your child a bully?
Does the child getting bullied see your child as a bully?
I’m not sure that’s the best analogy, and it’s a pretty sensitive subject. People don’t like being called racists, and most people are good, and are not racists. Maybe Goodes stirred up some racism in people, how I meant to know, but lll normally take the word of someone if they say that the reason they don’t like someone has nothing to do with race.

That's simplistic rubbish.

Funny.....I was thinking those exact same words over your incredulous claim that Every Single person who booed Goodes was racially motivated.

Last I checked Goodes is aboriginal.....Booing him, does not mean we are booing his 'aboriginality'......It means we are booing his actions.

Otherwise we'd be booin all aboriginal players......Like to try again matey!

I’m not sure that’s the best analogy, and it’s a pretty sensitive subject. People don’t like being called racists, and most people are good, and are not racists. Maybe Goodes stirred up some racism in people, how I meant to know, but lll normally take the word of someone if they say that the reason they don’t like someone has nothing to do with race.

It wasn't an analogy.
It was food for thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back