Adam Goodes declines Hall of Fame invitation

Who decides what is "likely to be misinterpreted"? People interpret non-racist things as racist regularly, especially those who are constantly trying to find racism everywhere. So once again, if someone who wants to view everything as racist, interprets your non-racist action as racist, then you're a racist if you do that action? That is your point, correct? You reckon that logic stacks up?
Oh I apologise - all good then. I thought Goodes was thinking that he was getting racially abused and that Eddie Betts thought Goodes was getting racially or that thousands of of other indigenous people thought Goodes was getting racially abused -or that somehow this was being reported in the media at the time but you just pointed out that none of that ever happened and there was absolutely no way that the people could possibly think that what they were doing may be seen as just a tinsey-winsey bit racist. You're obviously NOT a racist, you've never said a racist thing and that you should become Australia's next indigenous minister.

What can I do to make reparations? Flowers? I have a sister who is quite attractive, wink, wink. Reach around?

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
an article from 2015 when the issue is starting to be changed to being racist.
Dermie getting heated ...because nothing Dermie said was not factual, But Rebecca Wilson accusing Dermie of inciting racism.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oh I apologise - all good then. I thought Goodes was thinking that he was getting racially abused and that Eddie Betts thought Goodes was getting racially or that thousands of of other indigenous people thought Goodes was getting racially abused -or that somehow this was being reported in the media at the time but you just pointed out that none of that ever happened and there was absolutely no way that the people could possibly think that what they were doing may be seen as just a tinsey-winsey bit racist. You're obviously NOT a racist, you've never said a racist thing and that you should become Australia's next indigenous minister.

What can I do to make reparations? Flowers? I have a sister who is quite attractive, wink, wink. Reach around?

Disingenuous post, get back to me when you're ready to talk like an adult.

This is why important discussion about racism never happen, because people like you shout up and down and jump down anyone's throats who doesn't instantly label everyone a racist.

Once again, some people thinking an action is racist does not make it racist, this is obvious and people have mentioned constantly WHY Goodes was booed, and compared it to many other champion players in similar situations who ALSO got booed... Oh, and they've even pointed out that NOT A SINGLE OTHER INDIGENOUS PLAYER GETS BOOED, even when they speak out against racism... so unfortunately all your points get debunked very easily so you have to shout "RACIST!!!" loudly to cover your lack of logic.

And before you go down "that" path, of course some people booing are racist, take any sample size of tens of thousands of people and racists will be in every single one of them, but that's obviously not why the booing started OR why it continued (blame the media).

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Adams War Cry.... bringing people together.
yer look at those racists “bringing it on”

Attachments

• 303A1D2F-CF14-45C7-9C9B-C0CC00B7D483.jpeg
    303A1D2F-CF14-45C7-9C9B-C0CC00B7D483.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 30
Disingenuous post, get back to me when you're ready to talk like an adult.

This is why important discussion about racism never happen, because people like you shout up and down and jump down anyone's throats who doesn't instantly label everyone a racist.

Once again, some people thinking an action is racist does not make it racist, this is obvious and people have mentioned constantly WHY Goodes was booed, and compared it to many other champion players in similar situations who ALSO got booed... Oh, and they've even pointed out that NOT A SINGLE OTHER INDIGENOUS PLAYER GETS BOOED, even when they speak out against racism... so unfortunately all your points get debunked very easily so you have to shout "RACIST!!!" loudly to cover your lack of logic.

And before you go down "that" path, of course some people booing are racist, take any sample size of tens of thousands of people and racists will be in every single one of them, but that's obviously not why the booing started OR why it continued (blame the media).
ooooh, caps lock, I'm convinced

Is it? What if there was a different motivation?

If a person who is indigenous tells you to stop something, but you don't stop, are you racist?

Are you going to explain to the indigenous person that you're booing them for personal reasons before you boo them?

Back