Past Adam Goodes - The Champion, We Thank You, retired 2015 (now with extra Dr)

Remove this Banner Ad

An enormous player! He did the right thing by not being chaired off. He is disgusted with this anglosaxon version of his country and wants no false applause. Deep down he knows he is hated by the vast football public. The constant booing proves this unfortunately.

Politics beckons for the great man.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Just wanted to pass by and say it's been an absolute privilege to watch Adam's career and it's a sad night to hear a champion is retiring.

His football resume stacks up alongside the all-time greats and he's been an integral part of the Bloods' culture which has been the envy of the league.

My wife is Aboriginal and supports the Swans for Goodes and what a proud role model he is for his People. He has incredible support amongst his community and is an idol to thousands of young Aboriginal boys - I see this first hand living and working in a remote community. A lot of flogs have been challenged this year by Goodes - his courage and strength throughout has been remarkable and I'm sure he'll make a positive impact in the next chapter of his life.

Thanks for sharing a true champion of the league with all of us :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A touch emotional actually. Easy to be light about these kind of things but I can honestly say I have never really supported a Swans team that did not include Adam Goodes. As a man in his mid twenties I watched along in the late 90's but it wasn't til the early 2000's that my support galvanised and I became a memeber and a more importantly a life long supporter of the man himself. Sad to see him go out in this fashion but at the same time the emotions I am experiencing right now, which I am confident are shared by many of you reading this, stand testament to just how powerful an impact this individual has had at the Sydney Swans. A true champion, a personal hero of mine and most importantly a timeless servant of our great club.

Thank you Adam Goodes.

I had the privilege to watch Goodsey play in his 300th game live down here in Tassie and rip Hawthorn a new one.

A true legend of the game. Probably surpasses Skilton as the greatest Swan ever.

Farewell Goodsey and well done on a great career, you are a hero to us all.

Skilton, Lockett, Kelly, Bazza. It would not be an exaggeration to suggest that Adam Goodes is even more iconic to our club than those legends. One of the all-time great players, indelibly associated with the Sydney Swans, and one of the most important figures in the history of Australian sporting culture.

It will be strange to see the Swans running out next year without him, but Australia hasn't seen the last of Adam Goodes.

For everything that you've done for our club over the last 18 years: thanks, Adam.

Shame that he didnt get the send off he deserved

True humility to just wander off and not make it about him

Hope he has gone because he wanted not because of flogs

Still playing at a high level

He is the greatest swan ive seen play and one of the greatest full stop

He played every position he stood up every time we needed him

I think we have to honor him by naming our annual player award after him
Woud love to see the AFL honour him on GF day and give him the send off he deserves.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back