Past Adam Goodes - The Champion, We Thank You, retired 2015 (now with extra Dr)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
How adam was treated was an utter disgrace. The racists hid behind the size of the crowd or in the case of media by deflecting 'blame' that "he sought to push his indegenous credentials too forcibly, or played the victim". My god, shouldn't we ALL be proud of our heritage, our roots because they are what go toward making us who we are indigenous or not. There is only something 'wrong' with that edict if you're belief system is that it is wrong to be indigenous ie racist. That philosophy is an abomination. If we are imbued with humanity then we should all embrace enlightenment and evolutionary change of the face of racism. We all have a role to play, the reverse racists like a notable retired indigenous boxer and the white racists. Every decision each day

i think sam newman being on your side is a good indication you are thinking the wrong way

i see it this way, if i just booed goodes as an opposition fan because i disliked him or thought he was dirty, then i wouldnt really feel the need to go defend it, id just stop it or move on. not like people are naming and shaming etc.

if you arent guilty you dont need to dedend yourself or get involved, also you let these things go. example for me couldnt stand tredrea when he played but hearing him speak etc seems a good guy post career,. you move on from who was dirty or what not

i see it this way, if i just booed goodes as an opposition fan because i disliked him or thought he was dirty, then i wouldnt really feel the need to go defend it, id just stop it or move on. not like people are naming and shaming etc.
Depends. If you think that you're automatically being tarnished as racist because of it I can see why that would wind up a few people.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
He's also just wrong. The booing most certainly did not start in the Carlton game. It got more prevalent after it, but it had been going for the past 2 years in varying levels.

Sam Newman is the victimhood-seeker that his type decries. He won't ever admit to saying something ill-advised or poorly thought-out. He'll dig his heels in til the day he dies like the irrelevant, stubborn old man he is.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
The crazy thing is just the complete lack of empathy. Even if you didn't think the motivator was racism, how do you not just think "Wow, this is really impacting this guy and his mental health, I shouldn't participate."

Mobs are scary and this was the perfect example of a mob.
Go look at the thread on the main board. Time for a broad general statement but you must be missing something in your own life or lack self worth if you can only get some sort of validation through abusing sports people to the point of bullying. We're all passionate, we've all booed a bad call or dirty play but the systematic and relentless targeting of Goodes was something else. Not everyone who booed was racist but they were pathetic.

Time for a broad general statement but you must be missing something in your own life or lack self worth if you can only get some sort of validation through abusing sports people to the point of bullying
But but but that's the only way I can prove my passion!!!1!!!!!!!!! If they stamp out abuse the game will be too sanitised!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
But but but that's the only way I can prove my passion!!!1!!!!!!!!! If they stamp out abuse the game will be too sanitised!!!!
That fan being ejected for umpire abuse is really interesting. I'm not sure where that will go. I don't want to rip the passion out of the game but do you need to be feral to be considered passionate? There might be a bit of a re-evaluation of what's acceptable behaviour for better or worse.

Edit: Though the abuse that umpire got was on the tame end of stuff I've heard.

That fan being ejected for umpire abuse is really interesting. I'm not sure where that will go. I don't want to rip the passion out of the game but do you need to be feral to be considered passionate? There might be a bit of a re-evaluation of what's acceptable behaviour for better or worse.

Edit: Though the abuse that umpire got was on the tame end of stuff I've heard.
My only guess is that NTTAWWT was actually said, throwing someone out for calling them a flog is moronic given that happens like a thousand times a game.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Sam Newman is the lowest piece of excrement to ever draw breath. Dog of a Man. Has a distinct hatred of the majority of the human race. Narcissistic **** who has become an irrelevant Fool who is still seeking attention by attacking ******* teenage skateboarders and encouraging the sick minded bigots of Australia. **** The Old Dog.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Sam Newman is the lowest piece of excrement to ever draw breath. Dog of a Man. Has a distinct hatred of the majority of the human race. Narcissistic **** who has become an irrelevant Fool who is still seeking attention by attacking ******* teenage skateboarders and encouraging the sick minded bigots of Australia. **** The Old Dog.

Wow , although we don't like Glen Archer , David King and 5 chins.

If you read the comments in all the Facebook posts talking about Newman and adam goods 90% of the comments agree with Newman and say Goodes was booed for being a flog.

There are clearly more No Notion voters around than what I thought. Happily I do not have a Facebook account. The thread on the main BF board is abject enough though pleasingly there are many posters from other Clubs who are as appalled at the racism and the odious Newman as we are. (I feel sorry for Nick Newman having to share the same name).

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Back