Past Adam Goodes - The Champion We Thank You, retired 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Oxlong

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Best footballer I've seen in my lifetime.
I liked this because it’s your lifetime but there have been some beauties around the same time such as Lockett and Kelly. It’s all objective/subjective of course because of the way you value those players with their contributions on the field at the relevant time of our footballing successes, isn’t it?

Absolute gun!

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
I liked this because it’s your lifetime but there have been some beauties around the same time such as Lockett and Kelly. It’s all objective/subjective of course because of the way you value those players with their contributions on the field at the relevant time of our footballing successes, isn’t it?

Absolute gun!
Exactly, I can only comment on those that have been around in my lifetime, hence I can't even really talk about Lockett or Kelly. But I have seen the highlight reels from many pre-Goodes players and I have to say none are as vast or as diverse in their range of talents as Goodes' is. And if a highlight reel doesn't show your array of talents, what will?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Oxlong

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Exactly, I can only comment on those that have been around in my lifetime, hence I can't even really talk about Lockett or Kelly. But I have seen the highlight reels from many pre-Goodes players and I have to say none are as vast or as diverse in their range of talents as Goodes' is. And if a highlight reel doesn't show your array of talents, what will?
It’s ok to watch highlight reels but watching the HD version is not always as good as SD! Let’s be honest, as much as Goodes was an absolute champion, he also played in a fantastic era for our club and it’s probably fair to say that things came easier through game day opportunities. It’s harder when you’re a cellar dweller. I will say this, it would be a magical footballer to surpass Lockett on pure skill and I just missed the great Bobby Skilton, who I’m told was just a freak!

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
It’s ok to watch highlight reels but watching the HD version is not always as good as SD! Let’s be honest, as much as Goodes was an absolute champion, he also played in a fantastic era for our club and it’s probably fair to say that things came easier through game day opportunities. It’s harder when you’re a cellar dweller. I will say this, it would be a magical footballer to surpass Lockett on pure skill and I just missed the great Bobby Skilton, who I’m told was just a freak!
I have it on good authority (My grandfather) that Bobby Skilton was the best footballer ever. And he has no reason to lie as a Carlton-turned-West Coast fan!

Bloodied52

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
I am old enough and lucky enough to have watched Bobby run around for us. The memories of his efforts still make me grin.

Top Bottom