Past Adam Goodes - The Champion, We Thank You, retired 2015 (now with extra Dr)

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire at his presser now..looks like he wants

Woud love to see the AFL honour him on GF day and give him the send off he deserves.

People would boo f that

Lap at the scg next year

At the start of the year I thought he'd gone on a year too long. As the year went on and he copped the rubbish while being a solid player I realised how much I loved this champion of the game.

Absolute stellar career who is a champion people can have their kids look up to.

Thanks for the memories Goodesy.

#retirenumber37

Shame that he didnt get the send off he deserved

True humility to just wander off and not make it about him

Hope he has gone because he wanted not because of flogs

Still playing at a high level

He is the greatest swan ive seen play and one of the greatest full stop

He played every position he stood up every time we needed him

I think we have to honor him by naming our annual player award after him
This. Peoples views of him have become very misguided in the past year or two.
Has always been a humble person who has done a lot of good with out asking anything in return.

Legend, absolute legend. Be great if after a sabbatical from AFL that Adam could stay involved with the Swans. Too much of the core Bloods spirit to not be involved.

All the best for life after on field footy Adam, a thrill to watch your career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonderful career and very sad to see him go. I have never before barracked for an opposition player to kick a goal but when Goodesy took that mark in the dying stages, I was willing him to kick the goal.

(Mind you if the scores had been a bit closer I wouldn't have. :eek:)

Your club is full of shithead supporters, utterly disgusting human debris is what I witnessed tonight. Im not saying your one of them but there was heaps and heaps of them tonight.

Let's not dilute praise for our champion by referencing racist North Melbourne scum.

You're a champion, Goodesy. You will always be a hero of this club.

Sad to see the rubbish you copped from lowlife redneck bogans - but doesn't that just show the difference between true class and the dregs of society.

Enjoy the retirement, champ - and all the best for your next endeavours.

I admire him as a player and as a human being. Always enjoyed watching him and even tonight he took a couple of terrific marks.

I do not know what the future has in store for him, but whatever he ends up doing, I know that (a) he will be good at it and (b) it will make a positive impact on other people.

Anything off field is insignificant compared to his on field achievements.

Legend. HOFer within a couple of years.

Appreciate the sentiment but..... I think he has much more to offer the broader community post-footy.

I really hope he continues his "fight" in the public arena and ties knots in the stomachs of the moron minority with every appearance and achievement in that sphere. Being the champion he is, it would be unwise to suggest his greatest achievements are behind him I think.

Well done Adam! With you 100% always brother :thumbsu:

Jesus, just listened to Shaw being interviewed on ABC radio after Goodes announced his retirement, and he was starting to tear up and that got me tearing up too :(
Right there with you Grim. I didn't expect it to hit me this hard. But it has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back