Mega Thread Adam Goodes (Trolls will be carded - read OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just in case anyone han't seen what sort of turd runs this great game

AFL 2015: Richard Colless tells of expletive laden tirade from AFL commission chairman

“I said, ‘Mike you are the chairman of the AFL, which rightly or wrongly is regarded as the leading sports governing body in Australia, and you’re acting like you’re a Mafia Don’.”

Colless said the episode was symptomatic of Fitzpatrick’s performance as head of the AFL.

“I think he is singularly inappropriate to be running the AFL – and the debate that is raging now about the AFL’s leadership with the Adam Goodes thing is a classic example,” he said.

“Mike is a huge handbrake on much of what the AFL wants to be doing or should be doing.”

Mod edit: Not allowed to post entire articles.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...mission-chairman/story-fnp04d70-1227470080663

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in case anyone han't seen what sort of turd runs this great game

AFL 2015: Richard Colless tells of expletive laden tirade from AFL commission chairman

McGuire, who has long been vocal on issues surrounding Sydney, the cost of living allowance and equality measures, said former Sydney boss Richard Colless’ revelations vindicated all of his “whingeing”.

Amid growing criticism of Mike Fitzpatrick’s handling of the Adam Goodes race row, Colless has revealed how his wife Susie overheard a “torrent of abuse” directed at him by the league supremo in October 2013.

The Swans stunned the football world just days after the 2013 Grand Final by signing free agent Franklin to a nine-year, $10 million deal.

The football world had expected Franklin to go to the Swans’ cross-town rivals, GWS Giants.

“There was no warm up, no introduction — the opening pleasantries were the ‘F’ bomb and the ‘C’ bomb,” Colless told the Herald Sun of the Fitzpatrick phone call.

“I must admit I was taken aback. It went on for about 10 minutes and it was basically just a torrent of abuse.

“I was at home when the phone rang. Mike’s number came up and my wife just happened to be standing where the phone was. I didn’t put it on loud speaker, so she didn’t hear every word of it, but she got the thrust of it pretty well.

“It got to a point where he said to me, and I’m paraphrasing: ‘If any of this gets out to the press – this conversation – I’ll know where it came from and you watch out’. To which I think I said: ‘Mike – get f....’.

“I have never been so offended and I said if you ever speak like this again to me you are the one that will have something to consider.

“I said, ‘Mike you are the chairman of the AFL, which rightly or wrongly is regarded as the leading sports governing body in Australia, and you’re acting like you’re a Mafia Don’.”

Colless said the episode was symptomatic of Fitzpatrick’s performance as head of the AFL.

“I think he is singularly inappropriate to be running the AFL – and the debate that is raging now about the AFL’s leadership with the Adam Goodes thing is a classic example,” he said.

“Mike is a huge handbrake on much of what the AFL wants to be doing or should be doing.”

The AFL was asked to respond to Colless’s recollection of the Franklin conversation. The league had not responded last night.

Colless said he explained to Fitzpatrick that Franklin had shifted to the Swans under the AFL’s free agency rules.

“I said: ‘Tell me what we’ve done wrong?’ He said: ‘That’s not the f….ing point. Don’t get f….ing smart with me. You knew what we wanted to do and you came to us with your bloody COLA (cost of living allowance), and I told you I’d support you on COLA and then you raced away and did this deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2015-richard-colless-tells-of-expletive-laden-tirade-from-afl-commission-chairman/story-fnp04d70-1227470080663

If it was at all possible....my admiration & respect for Richard Colless just went up another notch.

What a nerve Fitzpatrick has given he was at Carlton when the Blues were pillaging every club in the land, poaching players with incredible arrogance as if it was their entitlement

Soon after, Colless newly elected to the SCG trust, signed a 30year deal with the Swans. Killing a $60 million government upgrade fund with ANZ stadium. Fitzpatrick is a major shareholder in ANZ stadium.

EX footballers shouldn't mess with the big business boys from Sydney"

A comment from The Age -

Fitzpatrick got to go.

Sharks prefer to eat humans. Actually fish guts will do. But I doubt Jones could pass as any discerning bull shark's chum.

Credit to cats fan. Class above every other team. Had the perfect chance to go in hard at the first touch and didn't. Save for a few casual boos which will always happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back