Adam Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

No it is because he is elite and a champion of the game, just like Buddy at Hawthorn, Judd at Carlton and Ablett at GC.

totally agree, my three favourite Swans players are Kelly, Plugger & Goodes. all champions

Goodes has a very punchable face and the way he whinges every time when he doesnt get a free kick turns a lot of people off.

But he is an amazing player with huge endurance.

Goodes has a very punchable face and the way he whinges every time when he doesnt get a free kick turns a lot of people off.

Stkilda has a whole team of players with punchable faces especially your rodent like features captain, just sayin..

Stkilda has a whole team of players with punchable faces especially your rodent like features captain, just sayin..
Yes but none are at the level of Goodes ability.

Goodes is a champion player, stkilda has nobody lile that.

The punchabilty of His face and whinging when not getting a free kick means the media, and football public generally ignore him and dont rain down praise on him like Dane Swan.

Swan is a bloke who just destroys teams, never ever whinges, just gets the job done. Straight faced.

Goodes is more hateable from a neutral point of view.

Searched for a thread on goodsey first main board one that appeared.
Guy played on after doing his pcl, basically had a pcl created with bandages. Kicks the goal to put us in front, numerous one percenters, is one of the greatest players of all time and just enhanced his legacy. Time for a lot more respect

Good game. Did so much, actually surprised he had only 14 touches. Felt like more...
Yeah, I thought so too. He seemed to be involved in a lot of important passages of play. I thought he was even a possibility for the Norm Smith. Absolute legend. He's probably going to miss the start to the season now though. Usual expectation of 6-9 months for a totally ruptured PCL and whatever else was damaged in the process. All worth it for him though. Swans wouldn't have won without his efforts.

The reason why his game was so great was because he lifted right when Sydney needed him the most - in the last quarter of a GF whilst carrying a serious knee injury. Only champions can do that and has to be one of the great grand final performances imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Skilton has him in his best ever Swans, thats good enough for me. What a superstar player and person.
Yes, I am happy to defer to Bob's judgment too.

Not that I need to I guess, as I already regard Goodes as a gun.

I think goodes is the kind of player that even though he has 2 brownlows, rising star, all austs, b and f 's, people will not really appreciate how much of freak talent he was until after he retires.. Is a legend of the game full stop

I've always admired Goodes - that's why I had his photo as my avatar last week. Outstanding effort to play on with that level of injury. Truly a champion, as if there was ever a doubt.

The number of bodies he hit was remarkable. I was often thinking 'wow, he's knocked another guy off the ball'. Definitely one of those games that is better than the raw statistics.

Yep, even the Jetta run over Riolli, he was there, getting in Cyrils way. People should stop stat watching so much and see what players do when they don't have the ball for a change.

I think goodes is the kind of player that even though he has 2 brownlows, rising star, all austs, b and f 's, people will not really appreciate how much of freak talent he was until after he retires.. Is a legend of the game full stop

one of my favourite all-time players to watch was James Hird, and although Goodes doesn't have the grace, poise and the time Hird seemed to have, (Adam seems to be doing everything at a millions miles an hour) Goodsey still reminds me of the great man with the elephant ears in his influence on a game.

perhaps it's a vic bias, but if Goodes isn't regarded as a top 10 of the last 20 years then folks don't know football.

Goodes is my all-time favourite player, and sadly as great as this new generation of Swans players is, I don't see myself loving them as much as I love Goodes. Such a hero of mine and I hope he at least plays 2 seasons. I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Maybe he could coach the Swans one day..

The number of bodies he hit was remarkable. I was often thinking 'wow, he's knocked another guy off the ball'. Definitely one of those games that is better than the raw statistics.
The buddy hit... Amazing

Goodes is my all-time favourite player, and sadly as great as this new generation of Swans players is, I don't see myself loving them as much as I love Goodes. Such a hero of mine and I hope he at least plays 2 seasons. I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Maybe he could coach the Swans one day..

I just love him too, he is my favourite along side Paul Kelly both are able to lift teams to new heights. Sadly for Kelly he did not win a premiership medal but I still hold him in high regard. Adam Goodes for best Sydney Swans player ever IMO, apologies go to Skilton, I was not old enough to see him play. So I will say Adam is the best I have seen play. Absolute Legend and if he does not make the top ten players in the last twenty years, as said before, then they do not know football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back