Player Watch Adam Oxley (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Aren't they removing it?

No.

What they have done, however, is remove the restrictions on upgrading rookies (hitherto, you could only upgrade rookies via Long Term Injuries, vacancies on the primary list brought on by listing 38 or 39 senior players or via a designated mid-year upgrade that every club got access to). Under the new CBA now in effect, all Category A rookies are automatically eligible for selection in the seniors from Round 1 onwards.

No.

What they have done, however, is remove the restrictions on upgrading rookies (hitherto, you could only upgrade rookies via Long Term Injuries, vacancies on the primary list brought on by listing 38 or 39 senior players or via a designated mid-year upgrade that every club got access to). Under the new CBA now in effect, all Category A rookies are automatically eligible for selection in the seniors from Round 1 onwards.

Thought it was going to be gone within the next couple of years, but if it's covered in the CBA I guess it'll last until the next. I don't see it surviving that though, it's just unnecessary.

Thought it was going to be gone within the next couple of years, but if it's covered in the CBA I guess it'll last until the next. I don't see it surviving that though, it's just unnecessary.

Why is it unnecessary? There are plenty of kids clubs want to have a look at but are too afraid of giving a 2 year draft contract to.. but a 1 year cheap rookie contract then it's a freeroll. Also gives guys like mature age state players a chance to get onto a list as a backup player and live their dream

Last edited:
His good is ok, but when teams actually man Adam is when he goes missing, and it’s a huge factor in his game. That he cannot fight through it, is a major point to why he will not be at our club next year.
Good sweeper, but not much defence

Beautiful reader of the play, decent overhead, good decision maker and elite kick, lacks one on one defensive capabilities and core strength, seriously lacks pace. Doesn't seem to be much chop forward of the ball either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The unfortunate test of a player is when injured, did it hurt the team that said player is out. Answer is no. To many in front of him now. Just depth.

One year to save a career... the Earth might be slow but the Ox needs to get a wriggle on
Actually that might be your best post yet.
Very very good.

(Don't worry I'm counting this post amongst all the many others drifting through over the years)

I was thinking about this the other day.
I don't think I've ever read anywhere that "Oxley was tearing it up at training. Or Oxley is working his arse off"
Oxley is working his arse off.

Fixed!

The unfortunate test of a player is when injured, did it hurt the team that said player is out. Answer is no. To many in front of him now. Just depth.
What do you mean?

We missed finals on the back of this injury. Would’ve creamed all comers with him in the side.

Oxley is working his arse off.

Fixed!
I know you're an avid observer of training Jmac. Never miss a training session. I've heard your students are sick of having to do their lessons under the rain and hail of Melbourne winters under the guise of "educational excursion" so that you can spend your days at the Holden Center.
My question is this. After all these years of religiously attending training sessions why is it that it is only now you claim he is training his arse off.
By the way, a very reliable source told me Oxley hates beer and thinks anyone who drinks beer is a flog.
Still think he is training his arse off?

I know you're an avid observer of training Jmac. Never miss a training session. I've heard your students are sick of having to do their lessons under the rain and hail of Melbourne winters under the guise of "educational excursion" so that you can spend your days at the Holden Center.
My question is this. After all these years of religiously attending training sessions why is it that it is only now you claim he is training his arse off.
By the way, a very reliable source told me Oxley hates beer and thinks anyone who drinks beer is a flog.
Still think he is training his arse off?
Confirmed. Oxley is TradeDraft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back