Player Watch Adam Oxley (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just limited in his skill set and can really only play one area of the ground. Has a beautiful kick on him though so lets hope to see him hitting up targets on Sat night.

The Ox could cure cancer and people would still tell us how terrible he is.

I actually reckon he can play back and wing. He's played both before. His issue, as many have mentioned, is that he's a bit slow. And if you're slow you have to be hard. He's not that really either.

I’m rapt for the ox.
Not convinced but he played some good games in the past as an intercept marker with no hard tag.
Would rather trust buck’s judgement than mine so go Adam,kick arse mate.
If Mayne can hold a spot................

My one good memory of the Ox is QB 3 years ago against the Dees. 30 touches (86%) and 14 marks. Had a blinder that day.

Hoping he can prove us all wrong and repeat that kinda form for the Pies again. I couldn’t see him getting ahead of the likes of Crisp, Maynard or even Murray in the pecking order.

My one good memory of the Ox is QB 3 years ago against the Dees. 30 touches (86%) and 14 marks. Had a blinder that day.

Hoping he can prove us all wrong and repeat that kinda form for the Pies again. I couldn’t see him getting ahead of the likes of Crisp, Maynard or even Murray in the pecking order.

He'll play a good game if he's left with no man to run and do as he pleases. If he has a man on him he'll be terrible, just like every game of his AFL career its the same story.

He’s going to get delisted no matter what happens. Very lucky to get a game.

Welcome back THATSGOLD......I hope you're well.

Just limited in his skill set and can really only play one area of the ground. Has a beautiful kick on him though so lets hope to see him hitting up targets on Sat night.

The Ox could cure cancer and people would still tell us how terrible he is.
Fair summation.

He is a depth player.
Is he an outstanding player? No.
Has his limitations but can cover up for our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wet weather will be good for us tomorrow.
The Lions have a couple a talls in their forward line which we’ll struggle with. Not sure who is going to play on Hipwood. Hopefully Madgen get the gig. I think our team looks better with Mihocek up forward if that’s possible.

Been playing very well in the VFL and gets his chance as our depth in defense is sorely tested.

Oxley has some mighty fine attributes as a player, he is elite at reading the play, a great intercept mark and third man up option, has good vision and makes good decisions, is a very good kick of the football.

Only problem is, he is just too slow for the modern game and lacks core strength in the contest, often beaten one-on-one and ineffective when forced to close check a man.

When he is allowed to get loose and roam the backline he looks a million dollars but no one is going to let him get away with that anymore.

Hope he has a great game but I can't see him fixing the flaws and turning his career around but still, I congratulate him, its a huge effort to get dropped from the list, pick yourself up and fight your way back into the senior team -regardless of the injury list.

Been playing very well in the VFL and gets his chance as our depth in defense is sorely tested.

Oxley has some mighty fine attributes as a player, he is elite at reading the play, a great intercept mark and third man up option, has good vision and makes good decisions, is a very good kick of the football.

Only problem is, he is just too slow for the modern game and lacks core strength in the contest, often beaten one-on-one and ineffective when forced to close check a man.

When he is allowed to get loose and roam the backline he looks a million dollars but no one is going to let him get away with that anymore.

Hope he has a great game but I can't see him fixing the flaws and turning his career around but still, I congratulate him, its a huge effort to get dropped from the list, pick yourself up and fight your way back into the senior team -regardless of the injury list.
Interesting perspective

Do you think he will be on our list next year?

Whatever happens he needs to play his role effectively and once he runs out I trust everyone will support the guy, it's been a long way back for him. He now gets his chance to do what most on this site would love to do, play in the black and white stripes heading into a probable finals campaign.

Time is now for the Ox, I hope he shatters the expectations of those who thinks he will fall flat. Good luck Adam Oxley.

Hi Mr oxley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back