Player Watch Adam Oxley (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's not popular around these parts, but minus a few uncharacteristic turnovers, he's done a decent job.
Definitely not best 22, but has actually defended quite well. Which is funny, because usually that is his weakness, while he's usually pretty reliable with ball in hand.

I know he's not popular around these parts, but minus a few uncharacteristic turnovers, he's done a decent job.
Definitely not best 22, but has actually defended quite well. Which is funny, because usually that is his weakness, while he's usually pretty reliable with ball in hand.
agree, he has been surprisingly ok. Can't see him being retained for next season though

He was ok, when it was his turn to go he went for it, which was pleasing, but he did turn it over a bit early on which is still disappointing. There was a time when l thought he could do well in our team, seemed to have good skills.
Just not good enough one on one. Even if stays in this week and does ok, it probably won’t be enough to save him from getting delisted. Too many in front and with Kelly will be drafted no spot or room on the list.

While I agree he is still likely to be delisted come years end thought he had a good game on Saturday. Above expectations. 419 m gained in 12 possessions and a couple of good contested efforts. If its the end, and he may be out from now, its a good exit for what he would have thought a couple of weeks ago. Maybe a VFL flag also.

Apparently well liked by the playing list
Are you sure? 419 m gained, that's a lot for someone who was basicly invisible all game except for a few obvious clangers

Are you sure? 419 m gained, that's a lot for someone who was basicly invisible all game except for a few obvious clangers

Yep it was. That post was made after the Port game when he had 419m gained. Was 272 m v Dockers. He kicks the ball mostly so will always be good on meters gained. Below are the stats from footy wire, bit messy coming across but you can see meters gains in his 3 games

Description Date Opponent Result CP UP ED CM MI5 1% BO CCL SCL SI MG TO ITC TI5 TOG%
Round 23 Aug 25 Dockers Win 76-67 1 8 11 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 272 0 2 0 67
Round 22 Aug 18 Power Win 115-64 4 7 6 0 0 3 0 0 0 2 419 6 5 1 81
Round 21 Aug 11 Lions Win 104-73 4 6 9 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 169 2 4 0 80

A tad immature of Ox there

What I learned from this is that Jack Madgen has a sense of humour when picking an Instagram handle.

(Also, were I Jack, I'd shoot back with something along the lines of 'at least I have an opponent, mate')...:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will be delisted in a few weeks time

Well that's something to look forward to then.

Obviously getting games because we have no body left.

That might be the only benefit of having so many injuries this year. The club will hopefully draft a bit more stock in the KPP department.

Trade in May would be a nice start, at the right price of course, Kelly and IQ then look at whats left in the draft.

Surely we have enough mids.

Surprised the Oxley player watch thread hadn't been bumped after his delisting yesterday. No love for Adam?

Either way thanks Ox for 34 games and 6 seasons in the black and white; all the best for the future.

Much maligned but 30 possessions during the Queens Birthday win in 2015 was the career highlight for me and is nothing to be sneezed at.

Surprised the Oxley player watch thread hadn't been bumped after his delisting yesterday. No love for Adam?

Either way thanks Ox for 34 games and 6 seasons in the black and white; all the best for the future.

Much maligned but 30 possessions during the Queens Birthday win in 2015 was the career highlight for me and is nothing to be sneezed at.
Yeah, good luck Ox, 34 games more than most of us on this board.

Good luck with your future.

Played for Collingwood, played AFL.

A lot of achievement to get to AFL - good luck for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back