News Adam Saad nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken/lamb/kofta skewers, lamb chops, traditional garlic dip or hummus, tabouli, hot chips, traditional bread, etc.

Not much in the way of vegetarian options, unfortunately, if that is your go.
Ok, bugger the pub for the next BF catch up, how big's your backyard?

I envisage a swap of picks here:
Carlton swap 7, 27 and 45 with Geelong for 15 and 16 and 33 and we get one of the picks in the teens for Saady.

Then the Cats get either Henry or Bruhn (local Geelong lads) with 7 as both might be gone by the time Cats first pick 10 comes up (both boys predicted top 7-8 draft choices) as they have 10,15,16 currently

Everyone wins.

Carlton get Williams and Saad to immediately improve and still have 15 and 33 on the board.
Cats get a local kid from the Falcons footy factory who will probably be a 10 year player at pick 7 and still have picks 10 and 27.
Bombers get a 1st round pick.
The most sensible Essendon supporter I've come across. All my peanut mates are adamant that it's Pick 7 or the deal doesn't get done. They've all turned into a bunch of Dodoro clones.

Hang on, I'm a tad confused here.
An Essendon supporter who is reasonable, makes sense, and polite on our board.
I must have crossed into some alternate dimension.
Makes Doss sound positively rabid

2c

Saad is worth about Pick 15 if i had to put a number on him.

In our situation i think we will be well prepared to pay up to about Pick 10 value in this draft for him. We are stacked with high draft picks between 18-22yo due to a hard yards youth policy and we can well afford to pay what we need in compo to add a player in his prime years to give needed help to make that youth better. Getting Williams for nothing allows us to pay the price on Saad. It is well worth it to us. Our prime age players atm are not good enough to help our youth or our veterans for that matter.

Getting 2 Top 5-10 players in a team aged 26 is absolutely huge for us.

We are very well placed to pay the trade price for Saad and we have committed to doing so. Whether it be around Pick 10 value or Pick 15 value doesn't concern me whatsoever.

Sometimes a Club is in a situation to over prioritise and value draft picks and sometimes in a situation to under prioritise and value draft picks.

The previous 5 years we have been in the former stage. This year we are in the latter stage. We have landed the 2 prime age players we need and haggling over a few spots in draft price should be inconsequential to us. Relatively speaking of course.

We'll play the game, Essendon will play the game. It will all be great entertainment, but we will rightly pay top value for a player who is top value for US who currently belongs to a team who needs to get top draft value in return.

We know exactly where we stand in this. This one won't be getting off the hook.

Welcome to exactly what we need, and is so elusive to attain, 2 top flight 26yo's in their prime.

Carlton swap 7, 27 and 45 with Geelong for 15 and 16 and 33 and we get one of the picks in the teens for Saady.

Then the Cats get either Henry or Bruhn (local Geelong lads) with 7 as both might be gone by the time Cats first pick 10 comes up (both boys predicted top 7-8 draft choices) as they have 10,15,16 currently

Everyone wins.

Carlton get Williams and Saad to immediately improve and still have 15 and 33 on the board.
Cats get a local kid from the Falcons footy factory who will probably be a 10 year player at pick 7 and still have picks 10 and 27.
This is very fair and if this is what Geelong are after.

I think everyone is in agreeance (not sure about DODO) that Saad is worth a latter end of first round. If Essendon ask for more, they are being unreasonable and if Carlton offers less, we are being unreasonable.

If both club come to an agreeance that Saad's value is between 14 to 18, it is up to Carlton do the necessary trade to do this.

The good thing is, Geelong are fantastic to trade with (opposite to Essendon). So if this is the Cats' plan, then the deal can be done early.

I can see however that Carlton will offer 16 and Essendon will not budge until we offer 15 instead.

Carlton can use the other pick to trade someone else in too.

Trying to think how I’d feel if a player of Saad’s quality and importance to the team decided to walk out on the Blues.

We don’t really have one . Most are either primo or too dissimilar to compare.
I know Touhy left but I think we wanted that.

would it be like McKay leaving?

Everyone wins.

I expect it will either be along these lines or similar with Brisbane for 18 & 19.
Note Geelong have 13 & 16 now due to WCE going out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

get used to it, gordy........first time you see bearded emu in navy on a four bounce, zig-zag, jinking, line breaking run..........all will be forgiven...........
You got it !

Trying to think how I’d feel if a player of Saad’s quality and importance to the team decided to walk out on the Blues.

If I remember correctly, Saad was the sole * representative at the SOO/Vics/All Stars thong earlier this year.

I am excited for Williams.

However, you would think I would be thrilled with Saad given we have the same background and he is a very good player. However sadly, he once played for Essendon... and as Don Corleone would say

View attachment 979138

Love the anti * passion Gordan :thumbsu: :D

Saad has nominated us, won’t be at * next season, he wants out. Seems unhappy with the clubs direction.
List is imploding after coming up short again, players leaving or retiring will be hard to replace.
Dodo has failed to deliver a list good enough to win a final in forever, his job is on the line.
If * plays hardball to the ridiculous levels they have previously, they will not attract replacement players or be attractive for recruits who can see there is no way out. Interviews of draftees will not be very encouraging.

All this adds up to Dodo being told by the board to be realistic and not get hung up on winning every trade for the sake of doing so. Needs to take a leaf out of the SOS playbook and look at overall benefit, rather than each trade in isolation. They cannot afford the bad publicity of Saad and his team complaining that * are preventing him from moving to his club of choice because they are being unreasonable.

Might be the right time to try and deal with *

Hamill leaving was hard to take at the time.

Saad has nominated us, won’t be at * next season, he wants out. Seems unhappy with the clubs direction.
List is imploding after coming up short again, players leaving or retiring will be hard to replace.
Dodo has failed to deliver a list good enough to win a final in forever, his job is on the line.
If * plays hardball to the ridiculous levels they have previously, they will not attract replacement players or be attractive for recruits who can see there is no way out. Interviews of draftees will not be very encouraging.

All this adds up to Dodo being told by the board to be realistic and not get hung up on winning every trade for the sake of doing so. Needs to take a leaf out of the SOS playbook and look at overall benefit, rather than each trade in isolation. They cannot afford the bad publicity of Saad and his team complaining that * are preventing him from moving to his club of choice because they are being unreasonable.

Might be the right time to try and deal with *
Or he figures “**** it, im gonna get sacked anyway, might as well go out in a blaze of glory!”

Ah yes.

that would have been about the same.

jeez we’ve endured some heartache in the 20 years since.

gee, I hope the Bombers aren’t down for that long....................,👍😃
Dunno. Would be nice for them to collect a few spoons.

cant wait til we can go back to the G. Will def be carrying my spoon when we play dons next season and their fate is sealed.

Saad to ice the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back