4 minutes 20 seconds

So the media have reported the following

One of:

Walsh, McKay, Curnow
Pick 8 + a young fringe player
Pick 8 for 48 coming back
Pick 8 + future 3rd for a future 2nd
Now a future 1st

Please tell how Austin has blinked here, considering nothing has been done?

So the media have reported the following

One of:

Walsh, McKay, Curnow
Now a future 1st

Please tell how Austin has blinked here, considering nothing has been done?

Walsh, McKay and Curnow were never on the table. Those names were put out in the public for Austin to concede pick 8 being on the table, which he's done. Pick 8 never should have been the starting point for our negotiations.

Future first is more valuable given the strength of next years draft.

Somehow he's found a way to make us offer a more valuable asset than what was initially offered.

Dunkley getting to the Dons is not our responsibility. We do not need to offer a future first to help facilitate that trade.

Our offer should be pick 30 or PSD.

Walsh, McKay and Curnow were never on the table. Those names were put out in the public for Austin to concede pick 8 being on the table, which he's done. Pick 8 never should have been the starting point for our negotiations.

Future first is more valuable given the strength of next years draft.

Somehow he's found a way to make us offer a more valuable asset than what was initially offered.

Dunkley getting to the Dons is not our responsibility. We do not need to offer a future first to help facilitate that trade.

Our offer should be pick 30 or PSD.

No no go back to my post ...

Have you noticed a decreasing trend in value with each * media mouthpiece?

Who said a future 1st is more valuable than pick 8

Increased to:

Future 1st

Stop cherry picking

This is what has been reported

Walsh, McKay, Curnow
Now a future 1st

Do you see a decreasing value in what the "media" is reporting? Yes or No?

Stop cherry picking

This is what has been reported

Walsh, McKay, Curnow
Pick 8 + a young fringe player (bs pre trade period negotiations to normalise pick 8 as trade value)
Pick 8 for 48 coming back (carlton's offer)
Pick 8 + future 3rd for a future 2nd (carlton's offer)
Now a future 1st (carlton's offer)

Do you see a decreasing value in what the "media" is reporting? Yes or No?

We're the only ones revising our offer.

Essendon have been firm on Saad and 67 for pick 8. Pick 67 is a nothing pick that we won't even use. They won't even use it. Bottom line is that they still haven't budged from pick 8.

Carlton's 2nd offer is pretty comparable to the first, but the third offer shows we're prepared to give up more.

We seem to be the ones panicking in this trade.

Club tries to plug all holes so no information gets out to the media. Then all of a sudden, the ITK's come out swinging saying we're offering 2 x firsts for Oliver and going after other trade targets.

Club needs to commit to Saad through the PSD.

Essendon have been firm on Saad and 67 for pick 8.

Carlton's 2nd offer is pretty comparable to the first, but the third offer shows we're prepared to give up more.

Club tries to plug all holes so no information gets out to the media. Then all of a sudden, the ITK's come out swinging saying we're offering 2 x firsts for Oliver and going after trade targets.

Please stop deflecting and address my post

Has there been a decreasing value with each media report, yes or no?

Before you answer, show me where Austin or Dodo have stated any of the offers that have been reported by the media

Essendon have been firm on Saad and 67 for pick 8. Pick 67 is a nothing pick that we won't even use. They won't even use it. Bottom line is that they still haven't budged from pick 8.

Club tries to plug all holes so no information gets out to the media. Then all of a sudden, the ITK's come out swinging saying we're offering 2 x firsts for Oliver and going after trade targets.

Keep the faith, my friend. No good comes from working yourself up over media speculation and bigfooty postings.

Please stop deflecting and address my post

Has there been a decreasing value with each media report, yes or no?

Before you answer, show me where Austin or Dodo have stated any of the offers that have been reported by the media

IMO, the trade value appeared to be decreasing until we offered our future first as part of the trade, even if other picks come back.

I value our future first as more valuable than pick 8 given the certainty around the draft, the fact that it's being reported to be a stronger draft, as well as the fact that there will be a handful of draft bolters that will be overlooked this year due to lack of junior footy.

Can't show you Austin and Dodoro being directly quoted. The media have merely been reporting outcomes from discussions with list managers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO, the trade value appeared to be decreasing until we offered our future first as part of the trade, even if other picks come back.

I value our future first as more valuable than pick 8 given the certainty around the draft, the fact that it's being reported to be a stronger draft, as well as the fact that there will be a handful of draft bolters that will be overlooked this year due to lack of junior footy.

Can't show you Austin and Dodoro being directly quoted. The media have merely been reporting outcomes from discussions with list manager Adrian Dodoro & his team.

Let me put it this way CJMB

If a contracted Jack Higgins is worth a second round pick, there is no way a trade for Adam Saad should include our top 10 selection or future first.

Let me put it this way CJMB

If a contracted Jack Higgins is worth a second round pick, there is no way a trade for Adam Saad should include our top 10 selection or future first.
That’s all good and well, but all the media talk about what we’re offering and what Essington wants is clearly coming from their camp.

Rendell or whatever his name is was even open about getting a ‘state of play’ update from the Essington team mid-broadcast.

We’re clearly holding our cards close to our chest, meanwhile the reported trade values being flagged are getting lower and lower.

Walsh, Curnow, McKay, etc
TDK & 8
8 & a late pick
8 straight
8 for Saad plus a late pick
8 for Saad and a 3rd
8 & F3 for Saad & F2
F1 for Saad (& something?)

A buyer doesn’t negotiate by starting at a price and then reducing their offers, they start low and work up.

A buyer doesn’t negotiate by starting at a price and then reducing their offers, they start low and work up.

Can't show you Austin and Dodoro being directly quoted. The media have merely been reporting outcomes from discussions with list managers.

Okay great, let's move on to the next bit

List the names 1 to 20 of the players that will be selected in next year's draft. Please also include all the father sons, academy players. Once you have done that, we can debate the strength of each draft, hence pick 8 this year versus say 12 next year

Okay great, let's move on to the next bit

List the names 1 to 20 of the players that will be selected in next year's draft. Please also include all the father sons, academy players. Once you have done that, we can debate the strength of each draft, hence pick 8 this year versus say 12 next year

Rendell said the only F/S or academy player in next years top 30 is Nick Daicos.

The cleanest top end we've had in a long time.

Wouldn't give up a future first because we can assess players in their top age year. More certainty around it.

Can only go off what the experts are saying. They're all saying next years draft is a strong one.

"Sally Smith is at the Supreme Court with today's events, Sally?"
"Thanks, Mike. Nothing much to report here as expected. Arrow refused to meet anyone halfway. Looks like we're going to Thunderdome. Back to you."

Rendell said the only F/S or academy player in next years top 30 is Nick Daicos.

The cleanest top end we've had in a long time.

Wouldn't give up a future first because we can assess players in their top age year. More certainty around it.

Can only go off what the experts are saying. They're all saying next years draft is a strong one.

Rendell has missed a few, Farmer, Burgoyne and possibly the West boys, this without any academy picks

Now, show me where each draftee sits this year compared to next year

Rendell has missed a few, Farmer, Burgoyne and possibly the West boys, this without any academy picks

Now, show me where each draftee sits this year compared to next year

Touche.

I haven't followed next year's draft crop since under 15's so I can't rank them. I can only go off what the media are saying, which is next years draft will be a bumper.