News Adam Saad nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

You want to voluptate his laborum?

You want to voluptate his laborum?
Guaranteed you’ve read that exact paragraph before, when someone accidentally hit publish on a web page that hadn’t been finished. Lorum ipsum is one of the go-to generic text fillers used for formatting. At least if it does get published/printed, it’s not saying anything wrong. Perhaps they should have used it in the trade tracker when they went live a day ago instead of listing Cameron 7 years to cats and Shaw being traded to Collingwood...

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
Did you want chicken salt with that?

Ima punch you.

Google translate tells me you said:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed tempor and vitality, so that the labor and sorrow, some important things to do eiusmod. Over the years, I will come, who will nostrud aliquip out of her the advantage of exercise, so that stimulus efforts if the school district and longevity. Want to be a pain in the cupidatat cillum has been criticized in the Duis et dolore magna flee produces no resultant pleasure. Excepteur cupidatat blacks are not excepteur, is soothing to the soul, that is, they are my toil, they deserted the general is to blame that services should be

So a pain in the cupidatat cillum produces no resultant pleasure? Tell me something I didn't know.

A first reading highlights that I have no clue what they are talking about and don't have cognitive ability right now to work it out.
I think ODN the crux of the matter is we should pay pick 7 as a minimum because WAR and Saad ranks high ipso facto carlton should sell the farm cos we are lucky to get him from *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would almost make sense to a team contending. They would want and need a replacement that could match that output immediately. Completely irrelevant in Essendons position, as they are in need of a complete rebuild. Unless they think they’re still in a position to contend?
Hope * are contending for the wooden spoon in 2021

Yep as an employee I'd be open and honest with someone who can get me fired! Lols. Can you imagine a first year player saying Rutten sux and Stringer is picked even though he's as fat as a seal?

What is this??

It’s a baseball metric known as wins above replacement. Essentially, it takes a player from a position, and compares them to an ‘average’ player from the same position. The higher the WAR, the better they are at their position.

But 22 games is too small a sample size imo. It works in baseball because their season is about 160 games.

Saad was at 1.263 or something similar. Is pick 7 alone worth an extra win? Personally I think a second round pick is what you’d want to spend on a player who would help win one more game tbh.

Yep as an employee I'd be open and honest with someone who can get me fired! Lols. Can you imagine a first year player saying Rutten sux and Stringer is picked even though he's as fat as a seal?

Definitely one of the most ridiculous plans being discussed.
This is where it truly highlights the persons management skills.
May his reign at * be a long one. :p

Last edited:
I have fond memories of Hamish Hartlett trying to chase down Yarran at footy park as Yazz ran half the field to set up a goal.

Close to the most talented player I’ve seen live.
Should really still be with us now

WAR as the article says is Wins Above Replacement. It’s a Baseball statistic. In AFL terms, think of any of *’s top up players from the 2016 season and how they replaced the more experienced players in the team. In 2017, Dyson Heppell kicked 12 goals and averaged 26 disposals a game, so he would have been significantly better than the top up player that replaced him during the 2016 season in his position.

In a Baseball season consisting of 162 games, a player who has 1 WAR has had an average season. When you start getting to 6-10 WAR, it is getting to elite level. Apparently 1 WAR is worth $8 million of value. So if you get near 6-8 WAR every year, then your contract should be stupidly expensive. Mike Trout who has averaged 9.1 WAR every year during his career signed a contract worth 12 years, $425M and Baseball fans still think he was underpaid.

WAR is actually a pretty big deal. If these calculations have Petracca as 2.4 WAR in a 17 game year, then he has been elite.
I'm a stats man and studying it still and I just can't convince myself that WAR has any real meaning in AFL. Doesn't seem to translate to the way this sport works. Baseball is a world away in the way it works, how individuals can influence games etc. I'm highly sceptical of it as a measure and I've even shot my mate at a club that has a great history in its recruiting department a text about it, says they don't use it whatsoever.

It’s a baseball metric known as wins above replacement. Essentially, it takes a player from a position, and compares them to an ‘average’ player from the same position. The higher the WAR, the better they are at their position.

But 22 games is too small a sample size imo. It works in baseball because their season is about 160 games.

Saad was at 1.263 or something similar. Is pick 7 alone worth an extra win? Personally I think a second round pick is what you’d want to spend on a player who would help win one more game tbh.
You've gotta investigate what they use to compare players. The way afl is played our stats that are most commonly used don't do justice to 'game impact' very often. Especially for defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back