Status
Not open for further replies.

KnobHead

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
Ayahuasca Island
AFL Club
Carlton
Essendon maintain he had his best year and is one of their best. Adam Saad received 2 Brownlow votes tonight. Surely worth a 1st rounder.

Flip side of that is, why do we want a player who only polled 2 Brownlow votes? Because he’s better than that and we know it. And if he’s not, then why are we going for him?

In his 3 years at Essendon he’s finished 4th, 3rd and 3rd in the b&f.

If one of our players had finished no lower than 4th in the last three b&fs, what would we want if he went to another club? Not an on baller, plays half back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gavstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Lakers, Longhorns
Rather than split 7, I'd be looking to do a swap of 2021 first round picks + #27 with either Lions or Cats for end of first round this year.

I still think the Lions might be prone to a drop, they were greatly helped by the shortened season not having to play top teams twice that combined with having home state advantage for the majority of the season probably means they are more likely to fall than rise next year. Martin, Birchall, Zorko, Rich and Mitch aren't getting younger, their season will live or die on Daniher's form and Lachie Neale.

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I still think the Lions might be prone to a drop, they were greatly helped by the shortened season not having to play top teams twice that combined with having home state advantage for the majority of the season probably means they are more likely to fall than rise next year. Martin, Birchall, Zorko, Rich and Mitch aren't getting younger, their season will live or die on Daniher's form and Lachie Neale.
Good points re: Brisvegas

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

They made top 2 last year as well.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Essendon maintain he had his best year and is one of their best. Adam Saad received 2 Brownlow votes tonight. Surely worth a 1st rounder.

Jacob Weitering won your best and fairest and polled a solitary vote

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Jacob Weitering won your best and fairest and polled a solitary vote
Our B&F isn't until Feb, and we all know key position players don't get votes, particularly key backs! It's all midfielders and a handful of flankers.

Quazza

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Jacob Weitering won your best and fairest

You've literally made that up

Nice one

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
I still believe your 2021 first rounder should firmly be in the reckoning with Adam Saad.

Back yourselves to improve and with more father/sons and academy kids a pick 12 is likely to end up about 14 - 16 which is what most Carlton posters in the Adam Saad thread believe he is worth.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
I still believe your 2021 first rounder should firmly be in the reckoning with Adam Saad.

Back yourselves to improve and with more father/sons and academy kids a pick 12 is likely to end up about 14 - 16 which is what most Carlton posters in the Adam Saad thread believe he is worth.

Agree with you it’s a feasible solution, but as you know 2021 draft especially 1st round say top 18 is quite strong, also not sure how much p8 2020 can achieve during this trade week.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton

Saad isn't worth a 1st rounder. You know that and I know that. The very reason you and every other * supporter is accepting a round 1 pick!

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Saad isn't worth a 1st rounder. You know that and I know that. The very reason you and every other * supporter is accepting a round 1 pick!

We made a mess of this trade according to the hosts of trade radio.

Should have split pick 8 before getting Saad to nominate us.

Pressure is going to be on. There's going to be backlash if Austin hands over pick 8 for Saad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back