News Adam Saad nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not at all. Got to give something up to get a consistent guy like Saad

Something doesn't mean a top 10 pick. Ugly deal for us. We mishandled this from the time he nominated us too early.

Disappointing we bent. Dodo's strategy works well against Austin. Hopefully we don't have to trade with Adelaide as Reid might get his revenge.

Glad we got Saad but sad we can no longer expect our trade team to stand firm on a fair price.

My quick maths says this values Saad at about pick 12, which is a little more than the 15-20 I'd have thought he'd be.

Come round 1 next year, it really won't matter very much. Saad should be a fantastic addition to our side!

Not thrilled with how the Blues played it, though. 78 for 87 switcheroo is a circle-jerk at the end to make it seem like we got something when we really didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This reminds of the Touhy trade with Geelong. We were all very pleased to get a 1st round pick from Geelong at the time, but I think the winners of that trade were actually Geelong as Touhy has been a real consistent HB rebounding defender that has helped them play finals for years. I think Saad will be in the same boat, pick 8 is loss, but seeing what Saad does for our team week in week out will mean we wont care about what it cost all those years ago.

The way this years draft is with the amount of academy kids and players not playing any footy in Vic, the heartland of footy, pick 8 is not as valuable as other years.

We know what we have and it's ELITE and EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED.

I'm happy, as the old saying goes a bird in the bush...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

happy with the trade haul...speed, experience, grunt...Fogarty looks a lively get...maybe 8 was bit over for Saad but I won't be worrying about it when he's burning them off next year and getting the ball into Harry etc...Go Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back