Traded Adam Saad [traded to Carlton with #48 and #78 for #8 and #87]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Carlton

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so sure anymore. This new rule change is a great result for Saad and the Blues. Herald Sun article claiming he is every chance to be the recruit of the year.

The footage of him burning the stationary man on the mark in the middle of the ground and hitting Cripps at FF has to get all Blues excited.

Fast half back flankers stocks have just risen.

We still overpaid considering the circumstances. The trade will be a worthwhile one considering his age, durability and quality but we surely could’ve landed him cheaper.

Can’t wait to see how he goes tonight with the new rules.

Zach Reid is who we took with the Saad pick, could've been a handy Jones replacement and Weitering partner.

We have a Simpson replacement who will impact immediately. We are no long basing our list management around what’s going to happen in 5 years time.

Will be keen to look at Reid in his prime when he eventually jumps ship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

big Saad fan but I think he’s better in the more defensive role who offers run then as a distributor across HBF.
I would have disagreed to this before seeing it this year. Played the more defensive role at Essendon than Carlton, where he was top 5 (i think) in the best and fairest a couple of years running.
I would have thought being off the leash a little more at Carlton would have suited his running game. And been more influential. But it seems to have had the opposite effect.

I would have disagreed to this before seeing it this year. Played the more defensive role at Essendon than Carlton, where he was top 5 (i think) in the best and fairest a couple of years running.
I would have thought being off the leash a little more at Carlton would have suited his running game. And been more influential. But it seems to have had the opposite effect.
He's been great, it's a team structure thing, let him attack then if we turn it over no one covers and he looks exposed.

I'm happy with what Saad has brought. Our team is just not geared to take advantage of it properly. He has certainly busted his gut for the side and he's one of a select few we can say that about.

He's been great, it's a team structure thing, let him attack then if we turn it over no one covers and he looks exposed.

Definitely been good for Carlton. Not sure Carlton have the right mix of types of players with all of Docherty, Williams, Stocker and Saad spending time in the backline this year.

It may remedy itself though with Docherty’s health problems ☹️ and Stocker moving to the midfield.

You obviously haven’t seen many Carlton games this year. Saad has been great. Will finish top 5 in our B & F. It’s the players around him and the lack of defensive structure that has not allowed him to be as creative as he (and CFC) would like him to be.

Back