Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saad - added to dictionary.
He's a great get and gives another alternative to come out of defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So no one is going to admit to looking forward to the one or two train wrecks (i.e. games) that will almost certainly occur as the team comes to terms with the controlled chaos of McKenna and Saad?

Cue the Benny Hill music!

When it clicks, and it will click, it's going to be a joy to watch.

I haven't seen enough of him to know wether he's capable of modulating his crazy like Conor is starting to be able to do, or how he'll go when tasked with actually sticking to someone. The fact that he seems stoked to be on board and will fill a hole is enough for me to get on board with him.

Our backline is going to be like that scene from 2 Fast 2 Furious with the cars scrambling out of the garage to lose the cops.

Last edited:
"The family is pretty happy. I've got 100 or 200 cousins, it'll be good to see them more."

:tearsofjoy:

Sign em up

A key plank in the 2018 Membership push.

Just watching AFL Tonight and they showed him running away from Poppy who ends up giving up and JOM realizes he can't get near him. We will have some awesome speed next year.

what list changes have been made so far? thoughts on leuenberger and mckernan, will they be there next year? and what will stringer cost? 2 second rounders?

Some old-timers have retired so far (Watson, Stanton, Kelly and Hocking (delisted)), Lungbutter will stay, McKernan might as well (rookie) as a 'break glass in case of emergency', Stringer will cost 25 and 30.

Our team is going to be so exciting to watch. I'm already looking forward to the kamikaze running duo of Saad and McKenna. If they can develop synergy together it could be the beginning of something incredible.

Importantly it means at the very least we'll have 3 strong rebounding options in Hurley, McKenna and Saad. That gives us more flexibility in filling the remaining spots. Also we shouldn't get done by pacy small forwards unless they are also strong in the air. So probably only the guys like Jamie Elliot, Betts and Greene that will really threaten us.

See Saad as Baguley's long term replacement - Suspect baguley will need to fight for his position in 2018.

I thought McNeice was more Bags replacement going forward?

I thought McNeice was more Bags replacement going forward?

Both Worsfold and Dodoro were talking him up as a stopper. I've never really watched Saad close enough to have an opinion on his defensive work.

The fact that Baguley is still yet to agree to a deal indicates that he's going to be up against it. A similar thing happened to Stanton at the end of 2015 when there was a dispute about a contract and he ended up with 1 year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back