Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Figured it was his time he got his own thread. I rate him highly but can see why the club would be tentative to match long term deals given we are currently being burned by the Hurley/Hooker deals atm.

Stevo reporting on ch7 he is likely to leave Essendon with Melbourne and North leading the race. Would be a fantastic pickup for Melbourne but geez we'd give up a bit for him.

Could get him cheaply with a big offer but it'd make you think twice salary wise.

Can't see why he'd leave the Suns a couple of years ago only to go to North...

Are you serious? How could they afford to chase anyone for the next 2-3 years is beyond me....

Rance retired before this season so we would be able to effectively carry over his money from this year + next year where he was also under contract. Should free up close to 1.5 mil for next year that wasnt planned for. But with the cap cuts i cant see us chasing much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$$$

Essendon might be feeling the Hooker/Heppell/Hurley deals now, although I reckon if Daniher leaves Saad won't go.

Would have got plenty of $$$ at Suns though if it was just that, surely being part of a decent side in Victoria was part of it which rules North out for the short term future.

$$$

Essendon might be feeling the Hooker/Heppell/Hurley deals now, although I reckon if Daniher leaves Saad won't go.
Apparently the issue is length as opposed to $$$.
He wants 5, we were at 3 but now are tentatively at 4 according to Edmund at SEN.

Also worth noting i think that there is still alot of unknown in list management circles as the extent of list/salary cap cuts are still in flux. I imagine the Saad situation escalates either way quickly once list parameters are finalised

Tigers if they can free up the cap space is my hunch.

Saad is a good player but he would be surplus to our needs. We have weaknesses in midfield clearances and lack of ruck depth. Also Riewoldt probably only has a year left so we'll potentially need to start looking for a replacement very soon. They are all needs to be addressed before looking at someone like Saad

Tigers if they can free up the cap space is my hunch.
Probably the last player we need at the moment with Houli still around another 2 years imo
Jayden Short
Liam Baker
Oleg Markov
Egg-Smith

all can play this position and have all shown good signs this year with the games they have played

Back