Senior 42. Adam Saad

42 saad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Matthew Lappin says hello. As a skinny player he went ok.

As someone of the Mick Nolan/Lance Whitnall physique, I resemble those comments 😃😃

In all seriousness, I have seen nothing but good things from Adam Saad, especially since he joined us.

Love Having more multi-cultural players at our cosmopolitan club, another Greek player wouldn't go astray, hoping we can steal Georgiadies from Port in a couple of years, that kid has got game !!!

Great little story

Love it. It's not stylised in any way, but a recounting of facts.
Wanted there to be more...but 'Dude' Ang brought the story home.

Every day that #8 seems less and less important. Come on pre-season :)

Oct 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Ange Christou’s first game for Carlton was as I remember the last round of the 1991 season.

That marked the start of our rise and our resurgence in the 1990’s - We can believe that Saads first game for us will mark our resurgence in the 2020’s.

:thumbsu:

I’ve always respected your opinions Agro. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but you haven’t always been enthused about our prospects. This is the most energised I feel like I’ve heard you in some time. Is that fair to say, or am I misrepresenting you?

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve always respected your opinions Agro. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but you haven’t always been enthused about our prospects. This is the most energised I feel like I’ve heard you in some time. Is that fair to say, or am I misrepresenting you?

Unlike those who have shares in CSR and one or two here who claim “Father-of-the-House” status I call it as I see it.

We will be better in season 2021, but the need for continued improvement should never ever be neglected.

:thumbsu:

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Great to have him on the list given our total lack of small defenders, but that's a shocking trade for us. That's the modern equivalent of the Brock McLean trade.
Just read this and spewed up on myself. It wasn’t a great trade but calm the farm mate. And unlike Brock...we will LOVE having Saad. I got sick of myself whinging about our lack of speed across half back this year. We play a game style that requires it. He is an awesome recruit for our needs.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Just read this and spewed up on myself. It wasn’t a great trade but calm the farm mate. And unlike Brock...we will LOVE having Saad. I got sick of myself whinging about our lack of speed across half back this year. We play a game style that requires it. He is an awesome recruit for our needs.
We overpaid in a year where lists are contracting, there's a strong top 30 for our list and 22 needs, and lots of players are changing clubs under exceptional circumstances.

Too much Old Carlton about this one, which has no place in modern football. None of this has much to do with Adam Saad the player, however, so I'll leave it at this slightly lengthier explanation. :p

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
We overpaid in a year where lists are contracting, there's a strong top 30 for our list and 22 needs, and lots of players are changing clubs under exceptional circumstances.

Too much Old Carlton about this one, which has no place in modern football. None of this has much to do with Adam Saad the player, however, so I'll leave it at this slightly lengthier explanation. :p

Back