Senior 42. Adam Saad

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or does Fog look like a young Murphy. I could certainly see him perhaps replacing the little champion in 2022.

And Saad just looks SO HAPPY to be a Blue. The highlight reel for him next year will be off the charts!!!

We overpaid in a year where lists are contracting, there's a strong top 30 for our list and 22 needs, and lots of players are changing clubs under exceptional circumstances.

Too much Old Carlton about this one, which has no place in modern football. None of this has much to do with Adam Saad the player, however, so I'll leave it at this slightly lengthier explanation. :p
Old Carlton? We paid roughly market value in terms of $$ and maybe slightly overs in terms of trade value/assets. He fits a need and makes the list stronger at a time when draft picks/young kids are less valuable to us in list terms than a mature, ready-made player who is at the top of his game for his position.
This is almost the opposite of old Carlton. Old Carlton would ignore immediate needs and throw ridiculous money at the best players, regardless of need.
You could make an argument that the Williams signing is closer to old Carlton than Saad, but I wouldn't even agree with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A potted history for No. 42 - One legend, one good serviceable player and the rest nobodies.

View attachment 1013076
I agree, Zach Tuohy is a nobody & Callan Beasy was quite serviceable, even taking a turn in the ruck despite only being 190cm tall (only 190cm says he who is 174cm on a good day).

128775984_1152401975175464_6856915509923590389_n.jpg

George Ferry

First Carlton/VFL Lebanese footballer. Also a very good player and clubman!
1606961925906.png

George Ferry

First Carlton/VFL Lebanese footballer. Also a very good player and clubman!
View attachment 1022098
Was a ferry good player and guy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

When you get three top-10 picks I think it’s important to get the best possible players.” Ben Ruttens words in above article

Astounding genius.....its bound to catch on.
Probably got a bit more insight than old Dodo brain.

When you get three top-10 picks I think it’s important to get the best possible players.” Ben Ruttens words in above article

Astounding genius.....its bound to catch on.

They have holes everywhere now, other than for 180cm midfielders........therefore they'll take 3 * 180cm midfielders :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back