Golf Adam Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

that's a great shot. just a shame he's put himself in the position to hole this just to get in the playoff.... his hands will probably be shaking like a leaf standing over it.

facepalm.jpg

feel like hell for the guy.

obviously that will go down as one of the great chokes.

that could either make or break him, but given the calls of his mental fragility in the past it's more likely the latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if he was a young bloke like mcilroy was when he choked it up a couple of years ago, you could see how it can be treated as a great learning curve.

but for a bloke that has been mentally fragile in the path, and underachieved anyway, then it could certainly be the straw that broke the camels back.

i guess we won't know what sort of effect this has for a good 12 or so months.

if he was a young bloke like mcilroy was when he choked it up a couple of years ago, you could see how it can be treated as a great learning curve.
When McIlroy choked, I didn't think for a second that it would stop him from fulfilling his potential.

With respect to Adam Scott, right now, I'm not confident he will ever win a major.

And as terrible as Tiger played today (his assessment, I'm sure), he finished T3 and take out the triple and I reckon he goes on to win. Shame he wasn't in contention at the death [Scott's death].

With respect to Adam Scott, right now, I'm not confident he will ever win a major.
He just had it all in his favour too... Woods and McDowell going backwards, other threats either missing the cut or not in contention, the big lead, hard conditions to hunt him down... yet he just capitulated.

And to think I was feeling flat after Black Caviar at Ascot... at least she won!! o_O

On SEN down the stretch they were calling him Adam Stosur. Bloody hell, 75 to lose. From memory, Norman shot a 76 to lose the Masters to Faldo.

On SEN down the stretch they were calling him Adam Stosur.

She won a major.

I'm expecting a massive slump, it does help that his next event will be where he won last year but he will forever have that choke tag now.

Adam Scott now moves into 2nd spot on the great major chokes of the last 40 years. My list

1. Jean Van Der Valde 1999 Open - an 8 on the final hole to squared a 3 shot lead will never be topped
2. Adam Scott 2012 Open - still shaking my head at how he did this
3. Greg Norman 1996 Masters - whilst many claim it was the great choke, he at least fell apart of rthe hole find not when were about to engrave (or in Van Der Valde case had) his name on the trophy

Adam Scott now moves into 2nd spot on the great major chokes of the last 40 years. My list

1. Jean Van Der Valde 1999 Open - an 8 on the final hole to squared a 3 shot lead will never be topped
2. Adam Scott 2012 Open - still shaking my head at how he did this
3. Greg Norman 1996 Masters - whilst many claim it was the great choke, he at least fell apart of rthe hole find not when were about to engrave (or in Van Der Valde case had) his name on the trophy
Rory McIlroy's final round 80, at the Masters last year when 4 shots in front would have to be up there too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back