Adam Simpson and his inability to give youth a go

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Well of course. But As I said earlier, Hawks had an Ageing squad, they dropped, So did Freo, So did North.

Eventually West Coast will follow that drop sooner or later. Again fielding a team averaging 27 years old in a Derby isn't a good sign unless your team is in the top 4. If any team Fielded a team similar to west coast in the derby and was bottom 4, People would come out of the wood work for the squad to be culled. West coast are a mid table side At the moment.
The difference is that WC could cull their older players and still field a decent side.

WC's issue is primarily mental, in my view, rather than a lack of talent.

That's not to say they don't need to bolster certain areas.

Why is Partington on that list? He's been the best player in the WAFL for months, and has barely got a spot on the extended bench this week.

He got named on the wing and was confirmed to debut, he wasnt on the extended bench.

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Multiple BOG and kicking 4 goals from the midfield? All the while clanger Priddis and clanger Masten get games? Where would the Eagles be in 05' and 06' if they treated a young Judd the same way?

Simpson has set a very poor example.

Hadn't done much to earn a debut until that 4 goal, 29 possession game. That was the first time he was stiff to not be selected (in a week in which Priddis didn't play anyway).

Partington has earned his recall but has some clear deficiencies in his game (namely defensive pressure and ball use) that the MC clearly thought would be better developed in the WAFL. I could be wrong but from memory his 2 goal, 29 possession game on Saturday went at 46% DE. He is not anywhere near the level of Judd, even at 18 (let alone the Brownlow medallist he was by 2005, and premiership captain by 2006). He was definitely not in the selection frame 'months ago'.

Jako Darling

Team Captain
May 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Multiple BOG and kicking 4 goals from the midfield? All the while clanger Priddis and clanger Masten get games? Where would the Eagles be in 05' and 06' if they treated a young Judd the same way?

Simpson has set a very poor example.

Comparing Partington to arguably the greatest mid of the modern era? BOY am I looking forward to sunday! I mean boy oh BOY!

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
Oldest list in comp about to miss finals.
Wonder how Priddis is feeling today.
This would have had more mustard if your team wasnt also going to miss the finals by a worse margin and had the same amount of 2nd rate ready made shithacks on the list.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon they're in a bit of strife going forward. They have some talented 23-29 year olds but I think they'll be bottom 4-6 next year.

Why the drop off?

Under Simpson we've won 11, 16, 16 games and are currently 10-9 and will probably finish 11-11.

The 22 next year probably won't be that different to the 22 this year. A few players who are liabilities are unlikely to be there, which is a positive.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why the drop off?

Under Simpson we've won 11, 16, 16 games and are currently 10-9 and will probably finish 11-11.

The 22 next year probably won't be that different to the 22 this year. A few players who are liabilities are unlikely to be there, which is a positive.
You have debuted one player in two seasons. Mitchell won't be there next season. Will be a big drop.

Back