Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lucky enough to stay at Simmos Dunsborough house last weekend. Was told he is heading to America over the christmas break for around 3 weeks with 3 of his kids whilst his wife and the other kid stay in Perth.

It seems to be a trip similar to alot of other coaches around the AFL where he will go to different sporting organisations over there and get an insight. Can only be a positive thing I believe.
Great location yes I think it's exclusive escapes that manages it.

I was lucky enough to stay at Simmos Dunsborough house last weekend. Was told he is heading to America over the christmas break for around 3 weeks with 3 of his kids whilst his wife and the other kid stay in Perth.

It seems to be a trip similar to alot of other coaches around the AFL where he will go to different sporting organisations over there and get an insight. Can only be a positive thing I believe.
Perhaps he is just going to have fun with the kids like a good dad? Not everything has to be work

Looks like Simmo has ditched Synergy cos that catch phrase never actually worked, 2024 is the year of our identity………..woooo hoooooo!
That should fix everything.
View attachment 1888066

Oh wow, ventured back to your safe space, go you! And as usual, not comprehending what he (Simpson) is saying.

Well done! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh wow, ventured back to your safe space, go you! And as usual, not comprehending what he (Simpson) is saying.

Well done! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Surprised this took until the 17th of Jan to get bumped by one of the usual suspects. Thought we’d be off a running much quicker after New Years to be honest.

And over the road the media are talking about Freo looking elsewhere this year if the team doesn't perform.

Both WA teams potentially will have new coaches in 2025!

You wouldn't be feeling to good if you were Longmuir. He surely cannot be happy with whats being discussed when a ball has not been kicked in anger as yet for 24.

You wouldn't be feeling to good if you were Longmuir. He surely cannot be happy with whats being discussed when a ball has not been kicked in anger as yet for 24.

Is it just talk or is there more to it? I'm sure if we struggle like expected in the opening six weeks the people up for Simpson's job will be up in lights too.

Is it just talk or is there more to it? I'm sure if we struggle like expected in the opening six weeks the people up for Simpson's job will be up in lights too.

Simmo is still our coach because of financial reasons, he has the chance to turn that into something for himself and the club. Longmuir while one could possibly agree should be under pressure. For the club to not come out and deny they are or have talked to Beveridge or his manager in my opinion is pretty poor by them. At least back your coach in for the first half of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmo is still our coach because of financial reasons, he has the chance to turn that into something for himself and the club. Longmuir while one could possibly agree should be under pressure. For the club to not come out and deny they are or have talked to Beveridge or his manager in my opinion is pretty poor by them. At least back your coach in for the first half of the year.

I’m not one to defend Freo but this seems to address it

Brierty is the football manager at Fremantle

Brierty admits the club is frustrated by the story as it is misleading for supporters.

“When you have those kind of stories come out and when there’s no basis or validity to them, it’s hard for us to come out and make any kind of comment,” he added.

“The main thing is it’s frustrating because it misleads people, it misleads our members and fans. But we get the landscape we’re in and people trying to grab headlines.

“I think we’ll just let that one to go the keeper.”

Has Longmuir approached the issue? Have there been conversations about the rumour?

Brierty says key administration figures, including CEO Simon Garlick, were quick to address it internally before moving on.

“The things that are important to us at Freo, JL and I have a really strong line of communication, we work really closely with our media team and ‘Garlo’ is involved in that,” he said further.

“We do pick things up and that was a pretty quick one just to pass that one through and have a conversation.

“I’m not sure about that one, we had a bit of a laugh, let that one go pretty quickly and let the media have the conversations they want to have.

I’m not one to defend Freo but this seems to address it

Brierty is the football manager at Fremantle

So another West back page scoop that was seemingly completely made up?

On the same day that they ran an editorial decrying the standard journalism has slipped to?

I’m stunned.

So another West back page scoop that was seemingly completely made up?

On the same day that they ran an editorial decrying the standard journalism has slipped to?

I’m stunned.

Its just journos joining the dots.

And how the coaching planets may align this year.

Freo has alot of ex Bulldogs working there. So there are links to him. And Beverage may be available.

If Freo have a poor year and JL falls out of contract who's the obvious choice?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back