Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
And if you’re running a restaurant with 25 tables but only have 2 tables full then you go broke. The manager gets the arse!

In my experience, if you come across a venue that can afford the space for that many tables but are not actively filling them, that is generally because it is a front for a money laundering operation.

But I digress.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
In my experience, if you come across a venue that can afford the space for that many tables but are not actively filling them, that is generally because it is a front for a money laundering operation.

But I digress.
I lived across the road from a Chinese place in Bexley, Sydney like that a few years ago. Only once in 7 months did I see a customer in there.

dinnaz

Club Legend
Dec 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The squad is full of players who do contested ball very well. Their want for the contest has not been coached out of them.

The problem resides (and has done for many years now) in the irony that West Coast is actually an exceedingly difficult team for opponents to counter when it comes to stoppages, especially if Naitanui is involved.

In response they get extra players to the stoppages that block and congest Eagles players, and cut them off from inside to outside transition - conversely once the ball does clear the pack, opposing outnumbers are there to clean it up and generate chains that can rapidly move possession forward through the corridor.

Even up the numbers around stoppage and the midfield output from West Coast completely transforms.
I disagree. We have Yeo & Naitanui. Thats it. McGovern too technically but that takes the whole defensive setup to enable

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Chatting to a good mate who owns and managers his own engineering business loads of staff/apprentices/equipment.
He’s got tickets to the landing at Optus cost $10,000 a year, and where I watch the footy when I go to Perth.
He is actually considering not going this week as he’s so sick of the way we play.
Secondly he could not believe that Simpo, came and a said we need to Brave…….this is not Auskick.
He runs a multimillion $ business and cannot believe the rabble we’ve become, called me yesterday to tell me.
One of the many disgruntled WC supporters out there.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think it's breaking news that people aren't happy with where the Eagles are at the moment.
1679700480677.jpeg

Tickets to the landing are $2,260 per year for the record, so maybe he’s pissed because he’s getting charged $10,000

D735104E-778B-4CE1-A91A-76CDEA117F44.png

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Chatting to a good mate who owns and managers his own engineering business loads of staff/apprentices/equipment.
He’s got tickets to the landing at Optus cost $10,000 a year, and where I watch the footy when I go to Perth.
He is actually considering not going this week as he’s so sick of the way we play.
Secondly he could not believe that Simpo, came and a said we need to Brave…….this is not Auskick.
He runs a multimillion $ business and cannot believe the rabble we’ve become, called me yesterday to tell me.

Sounds like he wants someone to take his tickets this weekend. I'm keen

VicBased

Club Legend
May 3, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
So his opinion matters more because he can afford to view a game from the landing???

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The club is definitely feeling it from the premium hospitality sales dropping. We will probably buy tickets for the landing (or whatever that thing is where you sit at ground level and see players come through the race) for a game later in the year. When the Eagles are flying, there's nothing available, at the moment, you can buy whatever you want.

There's also plenty of vacancy to upgrade your membership to more premium options. I would jump to premiership Terrace if the seats weren't in the sun.

If your mate wants to give the club feedback, he should hand in his landing tickets and go back to his standard seats.

I’d be disgruntled too if Simpo came out and said something nonsensical like that.

Dale Doback

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Miami Heat
I told my old man at the end last year that the only positive to come with having Simpson for 4 more years is that we're guaranteed 2 more years at the bottom. And we really need 3 or 4 seasons in the bottom 4 to rebuild the list. The club under Nisbett are unlikely to sack him in 2023 because it will highlight the absurdity of giving him a 5 year extension in the first place.

Well My sister used to live near The Landing at Optus. She didnt have to Travel far to get to her work where she managers her own engineering business loads of staff/apprentices/equipment.

All she had to do to reach work, Walk 10 minutes to Canning Bridge train station, get off one or 2 stations later and her work site is literally across the road from the train station where she makes multimillion $.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Well My sister used to live near The Landing at Optus. She didnt have to Travel far to get to her work where she managers her own engineering business loads of staff/apprentices/equipment.

All she had to do to reach work, Walk 10 minutes to Canning Bridge train station, get off one or 2 stations later and her work site is literally across the road from the train station where she makes multimillion $.
What's her opinion of Simpo though?

garlic munchers

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Downbeat Optimist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
Won't be too many waiting in the Wings if we serve up tripe against a GWS.

Out of their midfield due to injury or transfers from last year:
  1. Taranto;
  2. Bruhn;
  3. Hopper;
  4. Kelly; and
  5. Whitfield.
Anyway, expect us to win and gain some confidence leading into the Derby.

Then it starts all over again, serve up tripe against those spuds and......................

Just play in the Derby like we have nothing to lose (which we don't) and fly the 4 Flags physically and I'll happily give Simmo another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back