Toast Adam Simpson

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
With all the negativity, sometimes the positives are overlooked. I know there is another thread about Simpson, but the title has a bit of a negative undertone and so I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread.

Simpson has done a remarkable job this year for the eagles. You can see that he cares for each of the players as if they were sons. The way he has spoken about Nic and Gaff over the last few weeks speak of his immense character and I would love nothing more then seeing him ram his 2018 premiership coach medal up the arse to all haters of our mighty and proud football club.

It seems as if Simmo has learnt a lot about his coaching ability. He has altered strategies, learnt from mistakes and has shown proactivity towards changes during a match that hasn't been seen in previous seasons.. Not all has gone our way but you just know that he is doing his absolute best.

We need to give him another contract now because this guy bleeds blue and yellow.

All hail Simpson!

Edit: Forgot to mention his shutdown job on that campaigner Zempilas. Even more reason for a toast.

Last edited:

donpyke92

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
What is the Zempilas stuff, haven't seen/heard it ?
Would be like belted with a pillow, I assume.
Apart from that, I concur, Simmo is a great coach in all facets.
Not many people would've predicted where we are sitting on the ladder.
Great coaching, smart enough to bring in knowledge from other areas.
Big admirer of Simmo, he's the real deal.
Can't fathom the calls of him being a bad gameday coach too much...those that do it just have a free
kick to hang s**t...probably the same people that didn't rate him before making 2015 GF.
Simmo is the man, a West Coast eagles man, and the club and players know it and respect it.
Doesn't have to prove to me re coaching, hopefully he takes us all the way.. it's still possible.
Went to GF without a backline.but that was all Don Pyke, apparently..give me a break.
Love Simmo, go Simmo, take us to the ultimate

Jul 18, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
What is the Zempilas stuff, haven't seen/heard it ?

Just continuing the 7West rhetoric, that started from Duffield's editorial piece in the paper a week or so ago following on from the Staples/NN airport incident, claiming that we as a club are arrogant and have a culture problem. Adam dealt with it accordingly, accusing Bazil of getting caught up in the media hype and hysteria surrounding what's happened. And that's exactly what that was.

Simpson handled it pretty well if you ask me. If i was in his position i think i would have struggled not to ask him if we as being serious, followed by walking off camera and leaving them with some dead air.

donpyke92

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Just continuing the 7West rhetoric, that started from Duffield's editorial piece in the paper a week or so ago following on from the Staples/NN airport incident, claiming that we as a club are arrogant and have a culture problem. Adam dealt with it accordingly, accusing Bazil of getting caught up in the media hype and hysteria surrounding what's happened. And that's exactly what that was.

Simpson handled it pretty well if you ask me. If i was in his position i think i would have struggled not to ask him if we as being serious, followed by walking off camera and leaving them with some dead air.

Surely, 'culture problem' wasn't brought up again...sigh... NN airport may have been handled better the way media is these days, but culture problem is taking it too far.
Bazil's job is to get caught up in the hype, that's what keeps him relevant.
Not having a go at Zempilas personally, don'tmind Baz, (contovrsial) that is what employs a shitload of
crap media in our country. Don't watch A Current Affair et al, for that reason...hyperbolic shite, appealing to the masses, or lowest common denominator, for mass hysteria/P.C tripe.
Apologies, rant

West World

Team Captain
May 18, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Second time this year that Nisbett has had to rein him in over comments in the media though.

Am quite fond of Simmo though, and has come into his own with the list.

The Brayshaw family are all class.

I think its Mark the father asking all to forgive Gaff for making a terrible mistake.

Hamish arranging for Gaff to meent Andrew next week to apologise in person.

What I'm not happy with is Nisbett leaking the furfy about Gaff and Andrew being mates and playing golf. I mean what is going on there?

From what I've heard over the years I think its time for the club to look for a new CEO and some fresh new leadership.

swannies

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Minor Comp Winner Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Everton
Surely, 'culture problem' wasn't brought up again...sigh... NN airport may have been handled better the way media is these days, but culture problem is taking it too far.
Bazil's job is to get caught up in the hype, that's what keeps him relevant.
Not having a go at Zempilas personally, don'tmind Baz, (contovrsial) that is what employs a shitload of
crap media in our country. Don't watch A Current Affair et al, for that reason...hyperbolic shite, appealing to the masses, or lowest common denominator, for mass hysteria/P.C tripe.
Apologies, rant
That's not even close to a rant donpyke92, surely you can do better? I find the best way to deal with the media is to ignore them. Well, as much as you can in this day and age.

Simmo's leadership is brilliant. Saw it for years as our Captain. Handled this ordeal magnificently and his contemptuous responses to Basil was perfect.

All the best to your team for the remainder of the year. Your mob haven't had much luck this year to your top liners so it's going to be very difficult to win the flag but as someone posted in the Live Tribunal thread, this could galvanise the group and make them play out of their skins a la Bulldogs.

Or draw the granny twice.;)

Simmo's leadership is brilliant. Saw it for years as our Captain. Handled this ordeal magnificently and his contemptuous responses to Basil was perfect.

All the best to your team for the remainder of the year. Your mob haven't had much luck this year to your top liners so it's going to be very difficult to win the flag but as someone posted in the Live Tribunal thread, this could galvanise the group and make them play out of their skins a la Bulldogs.

Or draw the granny twice.;)

I am going to be Captain Buzzkill and say that replays have been abolished so Gaff is zero chance of playing again this year.

Thanks for the kind words and I think what you posted does reflect our sentiment towards our coach and I also hope he gets rewarded with a flag.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I am going to be Captain Buzzkill and say that replays have been abolished so Gaff is zero chance of playing again this year.

Thanks for the kind words and I think what you posted does reflect our sentiment towards our coach and I also hope he gets rewarded with a flag.

Footy is much too cruel to allow that to happen ;)

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Huge Simmo fan, he's doing great things at the club and seems to have an amazing rapport with the players, hope we can hold onto as i imagine some of the vic clubs will go hard at him when the time comes.
Nisbetts times well and truly up, just go, FFS please just go.

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
I love Simmo and am generally a fan. He probably erred slightly in saying that Gaffs character cannot be questioned, I think that raised a few eyebrows.

Back