Toast Adam Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still unsure whether letting Gaff come back on was the right call.
Being an expert lip reader for all of 5 seconds, I'm fairly sure that when he was sitting next to him on the bench Simmo asked Gaff whether he wanted to go back on and Gaff nodded his head and said yeah I'm right to go back on.

I love Simmo and am generally a fan. He probably erred slightly in saying that Gaffs character cannot be questioned, I think that raised a few eyebrows.

He ****ed up, his character shouldn't be questioned unless he does it again.

Love simmo, he's a really good bloke who constantly defends the boys.

I can't imagine how tired the coaching team at West coast must be. Even though we were expected to be near the bottom and are instead 6 points clear of 3rd place with 3 games to go, this has seriously been a draining season.

So much drama, ups and downs. Let's hope we can really rally and do something special for the rest of the year.

Love simmo, he's a really good bloke who constantly defends the boys.

I can't imagine how tired the coaching team at West coast must be. Even though we were expected to be near the bottom and are instead 6 points clear of 3rd place with 3 games to go, this has seriously been a draining season.

So much drama, ups and downs. Let's hope we can really rally and do something special for the rest of the year.

His hair was a lush brown when he started. He's basically all grey now.

He ****** up, his character shouldn't be questioned unless he does it again.

What? You can’t question his character until he does it twice?

I think it does throw it into question. But I have faith that he will redeem himself.

Think Simmo handled it well

I dunno how to take the Nisbett comments, how do we actually question the golf thing?

Think Simmo handled it well

I dunno how to take the Nisbett comments, how do we actually question the golf thing?
Well he obviously got the info from somewhere. I doubt he pulled it completely out of his ass.

His hair was a lush brown when he started. He's basically all grey now.

He addressed that at a leadership forum I was at a couple of years ago

He was grey when he came over - he just used to dye his hair

He gave up on dying it so the grey came through

He addressed that at a leadership forum I was at a couple of years ago

He was grey when he came over - he just used to dye his hair

He gave up on dying it so the grey came through
Gotta set up the appearance of a youthful, energetic assistant coach eager for a senior gig.

Now he can transition into the grizzled veteran coach.

I love Simmo and am generally a fan. He probably erred slightly in saying that Gaffs character cannot be questioned, I think that raised a few eyebrows.

Erred?

I agree with Simmo 100% - end result of what was supposed to be a chest shot was an accident. People are still flat out saying Gaff is a thug, sniper, king hitter etc. No way did he intend to hit him in the face or cause damage.

Never once have I questioned his character since I watched the replay of what happened. An accident shouldn't define who he is as a person - different story if he lined him up and gave him one.

Good on Simmo for assessing the situation and sticking up for Gaff when every man and his dog (including old Ross the Boss) were screaming for his head on a spike.

To me shows real leadership.

Then to have to deal with that left field bullshit from Basil jesus, man is practically a saint. I would have lost it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad this thread popped up (though I'm sure we'll have some rabble-rousing in here soon enough).

In the big US leagues, there has been a serious movement away from 'old school' bollock-their-troops style coaches (think Rodney Eade equivalents). Coaches are being asked to motivate blokes with more agency and empowerment than they've ever had before, with more expectations about a reasonable working environment. You can't just put a rocket up the kids anymore.

Simmo's EQ was off the bloody charts on the weekend. Sitting on the bench was fantastic work and I swear this stuff gives us an edge on retaining our stars in the long-term. The bloke has shown himself capable of adapting to all manner of personnel injuries/departures and keeps giving us a winning record.

Bloke can re-sign for five right now as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad this thread popped up (though I'm sure we'll have some rabble-rousing in here soon enough).

In the big US leagues, there has been a serious movement away from 'old school' bollock-their-troops style coaches (think Rodney Eade equivalents). Coaches are being asked to motivate blokes with more agency and empowerment than they've ever had before, with more expectations about a reasonable working environment. You can't just put a rocket up the kids anymore.

Simmo's EQ was off the bloody charts on the weekend. Sitting on the bench was fantastic work and I swear this stuff gives us an edge on retaining our stars in the long-term. The bloke has shown himself capable of adapting to all manner of personnel injuries/departures and keeps giving us a winning record.

Bloke can re-sign for five right now as far as I'm concerned.
Very well said. If you're considering leaving but your choice is between someone like Simmo or Ross Lyon, surely you'd think strongly about staying. No one wants a psycho boss.

Love Simmo.

Knew it when he reported on Nics knee that this man had genuine compassion for our club and its players.

I think he has fully embraced WA life as well, which is no mean feat considering the BS he goes through with the AFL and the media.

Much respect.

Very well said. If you're considering leaving but your choice is between someone like Simmo or Ross Lyon, surely you'd think strongly about staying. No one wants a psycho boss.

I'd like your post even if you disagreed with me. Anyone with such devotion to Rojo has my vote.

Simpson handled it perfectly. He backed in his players integrity and character from the get go and showed his support from the bench. When Gov signed he allured to the sort of environment WC have and it seemed like a cheap shot at Fremantle in a way lol.

What wasn't needed was Nizzy having a press conference to explain what happened , if anything it just created some messy questions that were not needed.

Erred?

I agree with Simmo 100% - end result of what was supposed to be a chest shot was an accident. People are still flat out saying Gaff is a thug, sniper, king hitter etc. No way did he intend to hit him in the face or cause damage.

Never once have I questioned his character since I watched the replay of what happened. An accident shouldn't define who he is as a person - different story if he lined him up and gave him one.

Good on Simmo for assessing the situation and sticking up for Gaff when every man and his dog (including old Ross the Boss) were screaming for his head on a spike.

To me shows real leadership.

Then to have to deal with that left field bullshit from Basil jesus, man is practically a saint. I would have lost it

Personally I find the “aiming for the chest” bit wholly unconvincing.

I have given him a score of 98 out of 100 at this point.
If he won us the perimership this year, it will be 99.
Successfuly signed up Gaff to stay will be a perfect 100.

Huge Simmo fan. Been saying it since he came over. Loved the way he has managed many difficult situation and is definitely a career coach who is playing the long game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back