Toast Adam Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

Please remind me of these flags we won between 87-89

Even in the early 1990s is was still very much amateurish. None of our first lot of premiership players were able to get by just on what they earnt from footy.

In terms of flags, yes, but I'd strongly argue that if he jags another one in the era of equalisation and full professionalism that he surpasses Malthouse. The reality is that flags in the 2010s are a lot harder to win than in the 1980s.

giphy.gif

I was also thinking this morning how much I love Simmo as our coach. Would love him to set up a serious 20 year coaching stand here.
Yes we all love him (possibly with a few exceptions) and I think he loves us in return (includes the Club, players & supporters) I would think. 🤔 He has brought a ray of sunshine to this Club after some dark years, and just comes across as so loyal.

Was listening to Kingy on SEN this morning.
He threw up an interesting stat about Simmo.

Clarkson has a home and away win/loss record of 62% and 62 in finals.
Pyke has 63 and 60
Hardwick 56 and 50
Longmire 66 and 50

and our boy has 66% and 66%.
Chris Scott - 71% and 40%

If Simpson wins another flag, he could be offered a $10 million contract somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally couldn't have been happier with Simpson's appointment from the first time I heard he was in the mix for the role. I officially asked for the "A Quiet word about Adam Simpson thread to be closed" during the more challenging times as it wasn't helpful when we had half our list missing and the coach was being blamed.

I also stood up for him last year (with many others) when tossers on here where saying he should go when we had our top 3 goal scorers injured and Cripps was our highest goal scorer for the season on the field with JK,JD and LeCras all injured and the blowhards wanted to blame Simmo for not winning those games.

I am certain this coach is going to go down as the best we've had. Our window is at worst in the middle, at best a couple of years off the middle. We have plenty more rubber to place on the road with our list at the moment and I couldn't be a happier supporter with him at the helm!

WELL DONE SON, There's plenty more silverware that needs to be transported from the MCG to Perth over the next few years and I know you're the man to do it!

The gentlemanly discussion thread.,,,

Went back to see what I said back then and stumbled across a link to this article written in mid 2017. I thought it was a good write up back then and with the benefit of hindsight it stands up pretty well

Fair to say we were at a crossroads and equally fair to say we chose the correct path

Is the previous discussion thread the one made by 88mph?

He seems to be a pretty astute judge of things. :$

That’d be the one. Was pretending to be an eagles supporter at the time but has since shown his true docker allegiance

Things have turned out well for him

That’d be the one. Was pretending to be an eagles supporter at the time but has since shown his true docker allegiance

Things have turned out well for him

Bet he wishes he had a DeLorean

Remove this Banner Ad

Back