Toast Adam Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

21bd8ade02ad4b863da153b41c614ebe.gif

f56a27ef9fa28b637bad4b8b3fe9c419.gif

a72294496901776430577481e851d4d7.gif

In the immortal words of Anthony Hudson - I see it, but I don’t believe it.

Last edited:

I loved this story on Simmo earlier this year
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/w...the-right-balance-at-west-coast-ng-b88845775z

Especially this part

Simpson’s approach is flexible, prioritising family life and designated days off for senior players. He is a players’ coach to the extent Kennedy describes him as a “terrific bloke” and a “good mate”.
“He knows how to get the best out of us and he’s someone who’s been able to create a pretty good environment for us to train, to play and an environment to thrive — to get the best out of ourselves,” he said.
“We’ve got a really good balance of what we need to do and also having mental breaks and everything like that.”

Which isn’t to say that Simpson hasn’t been hard when required. Just ask Jeremy McGovern.
Only weeks after starting in the job in late 2013, Simpson called an overweight McGovern into his office for a dressing down over his lack of professionalism and banished him from training with the group for the next month.
While confronting, the period proved a critical turning point in the dual All-Australian defender’s career.
“Simmo said a few things to me which no one likes hearing,” McGovern said.
“The first thing that I picked up on from Simmo was how disappointed he was and the only reason he was so disappointed was because he was my biggest advocate. He’s backed me in more than anyone.
“So that’s why it really hit home. It wasn’t him having a crack at me because there was an opportunity to have a crack at me. It was more he saw a lot in me, I guess, and was just disappointed that I’d let him down and he knew how much upside I had.”

If we had a fully fit list we'd be taking it right up to Richmond, and that's because of Simpsons coaching and his building of relationships with this club.
We back him up 100% because this guy has earnt it…he loves us and we love him.

Given some of the injuries we have had during the year, and now the absence of Nic Nat and Gaff, he has done very well.

I hope he can keep the boys up this week, if we beat Melbourne we not only lock in a top 2 spot, but given there is the week off before the finals, it will effectively give us almost 3 weeks break if we choose to rest players for the Brisbane game and to get our squad absolutely cherry ripe for finals

We’re one win away from guaranteeing second place on the ladder.

That, whilst having Nic Nat play 15 games, Kennedy just 11 games, injuries to Darling, Barrass, Shuey and now playing our first stretch of footy without Andrew Gaff since 2011.

On top of all of that, the man bleeds blue and gold. Obviously has a great rapport with the players, has helped us retain McGovern for life, doesn’t back down when people challenge the club.

Simmo is the heart of this club.

Happy to admit I was once on the 'sack Simmo' bandwagon not long ago after we got destroyed again by Hawthorn and then Essendon in 2017.

Was also going to sink the boots in if we slipped to bottom 4 this year but has shown he can rebuild on the run. No Naitanui, Shuey, Kennedy, Darling etc for extended periods but won 10 in a row anyway along with precious confidence building away wins against Port (again lol), Hawthorn and Collingwood at the MCG. Only two really poor games, and the other losses have been competitive efforts. Even without Gaff and NN this side has belief. The arrogant photo after the Port win demonstrates that the belief is in every player.

Simmo may have played 300 games for North but he has blue and gold blood in his veins for sure. We may fall short again this year, anything can happen in September, but without him we wouldn't even be in contention imo. I am sure he made the move to swing Gov forward late against Port but like the modestly arrogant man he is hasn't even taken credit in public for it.

I hope he stays as long as he wants.

Edit - also cleaned up Basil on the interview. Love him.

I've gone from not rating him at all to being absolutely in love with the bloke, he is West Coast at the moment and the way he's giving the middle finger to all the flog media/doubters is amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has Basil Simplearse very circumspect on 7 News tonight.

The Nostrils mentioned how he had recieved a decent outpouring of dissent on social media from the Eagles Supporters this past week.

Simpson handles himself very well in the media , he has since day one at the Presser when Cransberg introduced him to the Media.

He has taken that very good start and IMO he has got better every year in front of the camera.

Would be thrilled if we rolled out another contract extension after this years finals.

He has Basil Simplearse very circumspect on 7 News tonight.

The Nostrils mentioned how he had recieved a decent outpouring of dissent on social media from the Eagles Supporters this past week.

Simpson handles himself very well in the media , he has since day one at the Presser when Cransberg introduced him to the Media.

He has taken that very good start and IMO he has got better every year in front of the camera.

Would be thrilled if we rolled out another contract extension after this years finals.

Hagdorn will no doubt continue his campaign to oust the “outsider” (yep he called him that last week) and have his mate Suma take the reigns.

Give him the cheque book. Not the best tactically yet but he’s getting there. Love the way he continues to stand up for the club.

yep, luv him.
This pic tells a thousand words, look at him, he whole heartedly loves the club & his lads.
He believes, and has installed the belief in every single one of them, that we can win the :trophy:.
UP THE BLOODY COASTERS!!!

Simmo.jpg

... watch the media dig up a story on "The Adventures of little Boris" during Grand Final week... :tearsofjoy:
sku182440-6.jpg

Yeah I'm so happy with Simmo. Just a good bloke that you can see has bonded pretty well with the team. They want to play for him and it shows. Thats the sign of a great coach. We are united and play as one right through to the coaches. Probably the reason why we are sitting second. They are playing for each other. Love it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Really like Simmo embracing the vitriol from the Port supporters after Guv took the mark. Such a contrast to " I wouldn't like to bring my kids here to watch footy". I like him, I like him a lot.

Vitriol = quality feedback.

PS anyone got a link to the Basil humble pie interview for us interstaters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back