Toast Adam Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh (RIP) and Teague (probably, in hindsight) were given all the credit back in 2011 for the turnaround from 2010. Poor Woosh. 2006 was all Suma probably.

Pyke was credited with 2015

Mitchell for 2018

I wonder which assistant will be credited for this year? #back2back, #arrogant

I love Simmo

#InSimpsonWeTrust #UpTheCoasters #hashtag

The gentlemanly discussion thread.,,,

Went back to see what I said back then and stumbled across a link to this article written in mid 2017. I thought it was a good write up back then and with the benefit of hindsight it stands up pretty well

Fair to say we were at a crossroads and equally fair to say we chose the correct path

We addressed the lack of pace and lack of contested possessions glaringly highlighted by The Roar by accepting it and building upon our strengths - our marking in attack and defence, and an emphasis on skills, in particular kicking. It's fine being slow and it's fine not having inside bulls if you keep the ball off your opponent with superior kicking and marking, which to The Roar's credit they identified in that small clip from the Dogs game that year when the passage of play was about slowing them down, stretching them and taking it coast to coast with superior kicking. Simmo has to take the plaudits for his ability to modify tactics when the cattle simply could not pull off something that he thought would work.

I also found the reference to Freo being ahead amusing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back