Recommitted Adam Tomlinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I have been seeing it for a while, is the saints will try somehow (I have a couple of theories, but not really sure how just yet) to split 7&8 into something like 2/3 & 17/18. If this happens, they would use the 17/18 to grab someone like Tomlinson (or a host of others) and use the 2/3 in the draft.
The other option I see for the Tomlinson trade would be a future 1st rounder, and banking on the saints rising up the ladder.
Personally, I would prefer the first option, but I wouldn’t be surprised about the second.

Normally I think I can see past the biased and look at what is a fair trade. I knew we'd have to give up 5 for Carlisle as long as we got something good back. Steele was always a second rounder.

But I just can't for the life of me work out why Tomlinson would be a top 8 pick. He only just this year managed to cement a spot for the whole year. He's never been near an AA squad and I'm not sure he would have ever even finished top ten in a b&f?

I'd like to get him as he suits his need and obviously the fact he's contracted makes it harder, but a straight swap for pick 8 would be madness.

I don't understand the Tomlinson talk at all. As far as I know he is currently very happy in Sydney and as much as the family would love him back in Melbourne, it ain't happening. I would be shocked if he was traded right now.

Normally I think I can see past the biased and look at what is a fair trade. I knew we'd have to give up 5 for Carlisle as long as we got something good back. Steele was always a second rounder.

But I just can't for the life of me work out why Tomlinson would be a top 8 pick. He only just this year managed to cement a spot for the whole year. He's never been near an AA squad and I'm not sure he would have ever even finished top ten in a b&f?

I'd like to get him as he suits his need and obviously the fact he's contracted makes it harder, but a straight swap for pick 8 would be madness.
Because he's contracted and we dont have to do anything. Our default would be the status quo. I've read the anazing juxtaposition if logic that claims we initiated it, and I dismiss it as nonsense.

The only way we would trade is if we received an offer we couldn't refuse. That's the reality. There's nothing wrong with a club expressing an interest, but we can walk away at any time.

He's contracted, clear best 22 and GWS have no reason to trade him. It would have to be big overs for them to consider it, a side in a flag window isn't trading their contracted chb with no off field issues for anything other than a great deal.

Very average footballer. Not worth a top 30 pick.

I'd love him at Tigerland, huge tank, perfect for playing that lead up forward role. But like others can't see him going anywhere, just starting to hit his strap and his best footy is infront of him.

Not interested if it involves one of our first rounders,would rather go to draft
You may think that way but doubt our list management team do.

We have offered 5 years supposedly, so we're keen. If we're keen on him you'd think it's certain we'd have to involve 7 or 8, potentially with later swaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people are getting a little confused.

Tomlinson is not worth Pick 8. He probably isn't worth Pick 16(imo).

But Pick 8 is what it will cost if there is no subtle push coming from GWS. If there is no push from GWS, the Saints have to blow them away under the circumstances.

Some people are getting a little confused.

Tomlinson is not worth Pick 8. He probably isn't worth Pick 16(imo).

But Pick 8 is what it will cost if there is no subtle push coming from GWS. If there is no push from GWS, the Saints have to blow them away under the circumstances.
I would say they are only hunting him if he was laid out on the trade table by the giants.
I don’t see the point in list raiding someone like that. I would only see the point wrenching a contracted player if it was an certified A lister, not a potential one.
If he is being offered, then he is worth a late first round. If he is not, then mid first round.

He's contracted, clear best 22 and GWS have no reason to trade him. It would have to be big overs for them to consider it, a side in a flag window isn't trading their contracted chb with no off field issues for anything other than a great deal.

Maybe GWS are feeling nervous about not having a top 10 draft pick for once?
I doubt St Kilda are even into him that hard as:
- we aren't in the window to even consider overpaying for players
- we are after mids ahead of defenders

Club must disagree.
You dont hand over 5 year deals for spuds.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Naah
Our priority right now is retain. We cant achieve a completely static list, and aren't allowed to anyway. We're not really driven to trade right now though.

Club must disagree.
You dont hand over 5 year deals for spuds.

We offered a 5 year deal? You have the article handy where the Saints stated that? Dont believe everything you hear on trade radio - more miss than hit.

Btw I never said Tomlinson was a spud. I just think we'll put an exceptionally high price on 7+8.

We offered a 5 year deal? You have the article handy where the Saints stated that? Dont believe everything you hear on trade radio - more miss than hit.

Btw I never said Tomlinson was a spud. I just think we'll put an exceptionally high price on 7+8.
We have a thread based off it so why not.

If you havent then im a happy camper and we can keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back