Free Agency Adam Tomlinson [Signs for Melbourne, GWS receive #40 as compensation]

Remove this Banner Ad

adammania9

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
What is with this guy? I reckon every time I watch the Giants, which is pretty often, he plays awfully. Makes so many mistakes and he's never a point of difference ever. I don't and never will understand the hype.

Crashy

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
What is with this guy? I reckon every time I watch the Giants, which is pretty often, he plays awfully. Makes so many mistakes and he's never a point of difference ever. I don't and never will understand the hype.
I 100% agree with you. I don’t get it either, he is so slow too.

mike91

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Extremely average player, I'm in shock clubs actually rate him. Honestly not worth more than a third rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fridgeman

Club Legend
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Extremely average player, I'm in shock clubs actually rate him. Honestly not worth more than a third rounder.
Hasn’t stopped Carlton and the Saints going after him by all rumours twice each if not more and in all likelihood several clubs sniffing around again
I think it is his jack of all trades that appeals to clubs and maybe in another side he could see more ball and have a more positive impact

fridgeman

Club Legend
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Looks like the Giants will be recruiting a ruck this year which is where I think Tomlinsons salary will be going, 500k could be enough but it could depend on the length of contract and as a durable player I could see a 5 year contract put in front of him to lure him to a club and between 500-600k per year

bird_man

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Rumours Saints are offering more and it's a two horse race, Saints or Giants
That would really surprise me to be honest. I know the money is there but I don't see why we'd he offering a huge contract when there really isn't a huge need for that type of player.

I think he'd actually be more suited to the Dogs and you guys have plenty of cap space as we know.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
If I'm our list manager I couldn't offer him a cent over $400k. He's just that reliable team player, a decent ruck is worth a lot more to us right now.
On he Giants podcast they were saying, and it seems most of us agree, that he is on a lot of money with his current contract.
Problem is he is a utility that isn't being either taken advantage of or he just isn't performing at a capacity that is worth the money.

350k for him from us.

If he want a lot more I wish him the best and tell him to enjoy rebuilding again at Saints or Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, The Exers
That would really surprise me to be honest. I know the money is there but I don't see why we'd he offering a huge contract when there really isn't a huge need for that type of player.

I think he'd actually be more suited to the Dogs and you guys have plenty of cap space as we know.
Yep, and we have a few holes on the list too - plus Bevo loves versatility.
We asked the question earlier in the year too, not sure we're in the hunt as you guys seem to have as much cap space free as we do.

Gosaints12

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
HRT
On he Giants podcast they were saying, and it seems most of us agree, that he is on a lot of money with his current contract.
Problem is he is a utility that isn't being either taken advantage of or he just isn't performing at a capacity that is worth the money.

350k for him from us.

If he want a lot more I wish him the best and tell him to enjoy rebuilding again at Saints or Carlton.
I know we only have won 3 games since R5. But just give us a chance, (in fact give both teams a chance). Before you say we are
Rebuilding.

stfan

Vale Spud
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
I know we only have won 3 games since R5. But just give us a chance, (in fact give both teams a chance). Before you say we are
Rebuilding.

Probably more accurate to say that we are continuing our rebuild. Problem is that we need a Cogs/Whitfield/Taranto type and not a Tomlinson type who is only a so so player. We already have many so so players.

ie Would Tomlinson be any better than say Acres on the wing?

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Kinda play that GWS should trade (or should have traded) before contracts are up.
Worth more to other clubs than them IMO.

rogiebear93

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I feel as though Tomlinson has played poor lately because he's not really given a position to stick with. He's not the most attractive GWS option, but he's still a good player.

RedBullRacing

Senior List
Aug 30, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Key position player who has elite endurance and can play either end is rare

What makes him extra appealing is that he is a free agent. Victorian boy who could come home, he’s one who I think GWS would be willing to let go to keep others
I reckon with Westhoff at 33 next season Tomlinson should be aggressively targeted.

Top Bottom