Free Agency Adam Tomlinson [Signs for Melbourne, GWS receive #40 as compensation]

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Key position player who has elite endurance and can play either end is rare

What makes him extra appealing is that he is a free agent. Victorian boy who could come home, he’s one who I think GWS would be willing to let go to keep others
Do you have a reference from theckubsaying we are "willing" to let him go?

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
What would he roughly be getting per year at the moment?
Never seen much of an indication. His career has a been a bit unusual. He's so versatile he struggled to cement a spot for a long time. We had to leave him as a tall defender from early 2016 till the PF in 2017 to let him achieve a comfort zone if some sort I think. He was number 2 behind Davis in that period but was overtaken by Corr in 2017.

Since the 2017 PF he's been used as a runner from HBF to HFF flank, relief ruck, and even a midfield tagger at times.The coaches love him because he's matured into a player who will get any job done he's given.

Last re-signed for 2 years in 2017. I'd say his value has increased since but around $500-600k would be my guess. And it is just a guess.

Never seen much of an indication. His career has a been a bit unusual. He's so versatile he struggled to cement a spot for a long time. We had to leave him as a tall defender from early 2016 till the PF in 2017 to let him achieve a comfort zone if some sort I think. He was number 2 behind Davis in that period but was overtaken by Corr in 2017.

Since the 2017 PF he's been used as a runner from HBF to HFF flank, relief ruck, and even a midfield tagger at times.The coaches love him because he's matured into a player who will get any job done he's given.

Last re-signed for 2 years in 2017. I'd say his value has increased since but around $500-600k would be my guess. And it is just a guess.
Hope he sticks around, I'd like to see this year be one where you dont lose a high profile player.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Hasn’t he been a ‘monty’ to move back to Vic the last billion times he’s been out of contract, only to re-sign?

Will stay with GWS I think

Pretty much.

Funniest one was the absolute rock solid inside mail - via some bloke’s cousin who was a patient of Thommo’s old man (orthodontist/dentist, I can’t remember, he’s retired now anyway) who had assured this blokeks cousin - while he was in the chair - that he was absolutely, definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, going to North.

Settled with a Sydney based girlfriend and a history of saying publicly that he would stay and then backing that up with his signature on the dotted line, I would like to think he’ll do it again.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
GWS fans where's his best position?
He jokes about being kicked out of the back six. I'd say outside runner on the wing half back flank or high half forward. He can be effective running into the forward 50 as a target but doesn't seem to do well as a deep forward target. Useful relief ruck.

Very athletic and our time trial king with Scully gone to the Hawks.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He jokes about being kicked out of the back six. I'd say outside runner on the wing half back flank or high half forward. He can be effective running into the forward 50 as a target but doesn't seem to do well as a deep forward target. Useful relief ruck.

Very athletic and our time trial king with Scully gone to the Hawks.
Was he playing on-ball against the Eagles?

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Was he playing on-ball against the Eagles?
Yeah he was as I saw it.

I tried to keep it simple. He has tagged midfielders before but not a player you'd think if as being strong inside. I was watching on TV and couldn't figure out who he was running with if that's the explanation.

The other possibility in my view is he had the role Shiel did last year. Lurk a handball off the contest as an option to the grunts under pressure. It's hard because this option is also outside defence.

Back