Free Agency Adam Tomlinson [Signs for Melbourne, GWS receive #40 as compensation]

Remove this Banner Ad

Benaly28

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Solid player probably now at his best but won’t amount to anything else don’t see him best 22 at GWS next year.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Likely to leave after Coniglio resigning and who needs a utility/depth player and has SC space to entice him, Saints/Blues/Hawks? Suns?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I’ve never once said they won’t stay.

But I’ve said it’s extremely optimistic to think they will give up millions (100-300k a year under what they’ll get elsewhere) to sign at gws.

They might take slight unders to stay, but not millions over their contracts, and the 900-1m a season that he suggested would be 100’s of thousands below what they get offered
And yet they both did.

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Biggest underperformer in the comp.

If Tom Lynch from the Crows can be the player he is, then there is no way this guy can't be as good at the least.

He is one of the best endurance athletes in the comp and moves pretty well for a big fella too.

Never understood why the Giants didn't persevere with him as a forward after the early years because it was always the spot he showed the most promise in.

Was probably the Giants worst player getting a regular game this year after starting the year decently.

Needs to lift massively.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Biggest underperformer in the comp.

If Tom Lynch from the Crows can be the player he is, then there is no way this guy can't be as good at the least.

He is one of the best endurance athletes in the comp and moves pretty well for a big fella too.

Never understood why the Giants didn't persevere with him as a forward after the early years because it was always the spot he showed the most promise in.

Was probably the Giants worst player getting a regular game this year after starting the year decently.

Needs to lift massively.
Have you seen our fwd line?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Yes, I was going to say that, but early on it was Cameron and Patton, who was the third tall?

And he never really played inside 50 anyway.

Like Tom Lynch, roaming high.

He was taken out of there well before Himmelberg and Finlayson established themselves
Boyd, then McCarthy, then HH.
Then HH and Finlayson took over the 2 and 3 spots.and Patton(through injury) is out.

He never seemed to be able to get the job done up front.

He is a utility. The old good at all things master of none.

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Boyd, then McCarthy, then HH.
Then HH and Finlayson took over the 2 and 3 spots.and Patton(through injury) is out.

He never seemed to be able to get the job done up front.

He is a utility. The old good at all things master of none.

Ah, yeah forgot about McCarthy.

Yeah, he should have moved out of the Giants long ago.

Too much competition for the spot he needs to be in.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
When even in the quote your quoting the first line tells you I’ve never said they won’t stay ive got to question your ability to comprehend anything

I said it was optimistic to believe both would sign on for massive unders.

And I was right. They didn’t.
Not what I was quoting.
The part where you said not for unders and wishful thinking for between 900 and a million a year.

They both signed for less than what was on offer from other clubs.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
He is/was useful and if he was on less money I would be happy for him to stay.

But when he re-signed he did it at a good time and is supposedly on very good coin.

Not sure if that is true as he is actually an unrestricted free agent not a restricted one and to qualify to be unrestricted 'Players are not in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for unrestricted free agency if they have served at least eight years with the club'.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not what I was quoting.
The part where you said not for unders and wishful thinking for between 900 and a million a year.

They both signed for less than what was on offer from other clubs.

Yeah. I said they might take less to stay

There is always going to be better offers for any player somewhere else

I said it was optimistic to believe they would sign for massive unders

They did not.

Cogs signed a $7m contract.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Not sure if that is true as he is actually an unrestricted free agent not a restricted one and to qualify to be unrestricted 'Players are not in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for unrestricted free agency if they have served at least eight years with the club'.

Really?

My apologies was under the impression he was restricted, and he was on very good coin (600 to 700k)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back