Oppo Camp ADAM TOMLINSON

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been a lot of talk from media and a lot club forums on bigfooty cite that they have sources that kelly may be looking to move back to VIC. Coincidence? But then again I don't really trust the media on their "sources".

Well * me he's as good as gone.

Wish we had him signed up for longer.

Oh, hang on...

There's been a lot of talk from media and a lot club forums on bigfooty cite that they have sources that kelly may be looking to move back to VIC. Coincidence? But then again I don't really trust the media on their "sources".

Media are not batting well on averages with their calls on young giants so far, been proven wrong on all of them bar Treloar, and he is yet proven either so definitely have to be taken with a grain of salt, BF sources are almost as reliable as a broken watch, but not quite.

Huge call from you.. I know his dad who is my orthodontist in Melbourne and he has stated that Adam has told him that he doesn't see the point in sticking around in Sydney playing in the NEAFL.. and he is "at the stage now where all he wants to do is play, no matter where"

Look, I can agree that his Dad is your orthodontist and he would say that he doesn't see the point of being in the NEAFL...

But Tommo got injured while playing in the Seniors. He was out injured for a long time and had to come in down back (not his preferred spot) and went back when Phil Davis (our co-Captain, pretty good kpd) came back. He's well liked, is promoted by the Club through social media...

He is a good chance of selection this week; particularly if Lobb doesn't play as he's a better player than Stewart, does chop out and plays both end.

The difficulties with Tommo is he's your third tall up front (which is affected by a not fully fit Patton and playing two ruckmen) your third tall down back or another mid. He's certainly Top 25 and would usually be in the mix come selections.

BTW there are some very talented players in the GWS 2s. Tommo is by no means the most talented or the most hard done by. I'd love to see him play firsts every week (as I would players like Kennedy) but I also want the team most likely to win play more.

Look, I can agree that his Dad is your orthodontist and he would say that he doesn't see the point of being in the NEAFL...

But Tommo got injured while playing in the Seniors. He was out injured for a long time and had to come in down back (not his preferred spot) and went back when Phil Davis (our co-Captain, pretty good kpd) came back. He's well liked, is promoted by the Club through social media...

He is a good chance of selection this week; particularly if Lobb doesn't play as he's a better player than Stewart, does chop out and plays both end.

The difficulties with Tommo is he's your third tall up front (which is affected by a not fully fit Patton and playing two ruckmen) your third tall down back or another mid. He's certainly Top 25 and would usually be in the mix come selections.

BTW there are some very talented players in the GWS 2s. Tommo is by no means the most talented or the most hard done by. I'd love to see him play firsts every week (as I would players like Kennedy) but I also want the team most likely to win play more.
I agree with all of that Ellie, but in saying that if you're saying he's 'by no means the most talented or by no means the most hard done by' then would you care so much if he departed the club?

The same sources that had Cameron, Shiel etc etc etc all leaving or gone?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I agree with all of that Ellie, but in saying that if you're saying he's 'by no means the most talented or by no means the most hard done by' then would you care so much if he departed the club?

Because he seems to be such a nice young man and a good footballer as well. The class of 2011 and 2012 are special to all of us. There are few players that anyone wants to see leaving the Club.

Btw Hampton is more talented, and far less consistent than Tommo.

Adam not included again this week.. Not even as an emergency.. Methinks something is up. Possibly yearning for a Victorian homecoming? He'd be getting pretty frustrated you would've thought .::

Bet he's kicking himself signing that contract then...
haha probably is.. 5 rounds without a game and no injury concerns either, would have me wondering (if i was 6"5) why should i stick around with my talent being supposedly kept for later?

Adam not included again this week.. Not even as an emergency.. Methinks something is up. Possibly yearning for a Victorian homecoming? He'd be getting pretty frustrated you would've thought .::

Wow, you really are reaching aren't you? How many players at your club aren't getting a game in the seniors this week? How many of them are automatically assumed that they want out?

Tomlinson has always said that he wants to stay. Last year he was asked about his contract situation and said "I love it here, I want to stay and I'll take whatever the club offers me" no beating about the bush, no "we'll see and try to work out an arrangement" no "I'm hopeful we can get it sorted" none of the usual diplomatic player-speak leaving room for wriggle - it was a flat out "I'll take whatever the club wants to offer me"

And true to his word, he re-signed at the first available opportunity, quite early in the season with a minimum of fuss over negotiations.

Given he has been open and honest about his intentions and then backed them up with his actions I see no reason to question or doubt him going forward.

Wow, you really are reaching aren't you? How many players at your club aren't getting a game in the seniors this week? How many of them are automatically assumed that they want out?

Tomlinson has always said that he wants to stay. Last year he was asked about his contract situation and said "I love it here, I want to stay and I'll take whatever the club offers me" no beating about the bush, no "we'll see and try to work out an arrangement" no "I'm hopeful we can get it sorted" none of the usual diplomatic player-speak leaving room for wriggle - it was a flat out "I'll take whatever the club wants to offer me"

And true to his word, he re-signed at the first available opportunity, quite early in the season with a minimum of fuss over negotiations.

Given he has been open and honest about his intentions and then backed them up with his actions I see no reason to question or doubt him going forward.
That's the issue, our club doesn't have much young talent! I'd be ecstatic to have such depth as you guys and be able to play Tomlinson in the reserves, but the reality is he's such a talent he needs to be playing senior footy. Neverthless i respect eh Ginats as a club and think they have done a fantastic job in retaining players thus far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't blame the kid.

His team just announced the re-signings of 2 young kids this week. Maybe you've heard of these young stars...Petrie and Harvey?

No it clearly is not.. its not typical 'my mates cousins brother said.." talk i stated clearly where i knew his dad from and gave a first hand account of where i know him from.. Anyway believe what you like Giants fans! All i wanted to know was whether Giants fans really value him as much as a Patton, Cameron, MCcarthy,Stewart etc...

Clearly the opening post and all the reactions demonstrated his value to the fans.

We'd consider trading him plus an upgrade on your 4th round pick for Durdin, Goldstein and your 2016 first rounder. I put up a new fence for Cameron Joyce and we had an in-depth chat about the list and that's the trade they're considering.

Clearly the opening post and all the reactions demonstrated his value to the fans.

We'd consider trading him plus an upgrade on your 4th round pick for Durdin, Goldstein and your 2016 first rounder. I put up a new fence for Cameron Joyce and we had an in-depth chat about the list and that's the trade they're considering.
Giants humour haha

This is such typical bigfooty BS. my mates brothers gf knows a guy who said .....

If that were true you wouldnt be here asking our opinion you would already know he is gone.

The biggest issue here is the premise of him playing regular NEAFL. He isnt
I'm GWS and I have heard similar...

And saying "theres some truth to this" adds to the discussion??

Ok then

Theres no truth to this on all available evidence

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I have heard that he has requested several times to Leon for more midfield time. This has been promised, but not delivered. Josh is frustrated...

Now what can you add

Remove this Banner Ad

Back