Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never seen a traded player leak so much information regarding his departure and then continue to complain the whole next preseason as I have with Treloar.

It makes it hard to believe that there wasn't a group of senior players that were sick and tired of his attitude.

I think we will be a much more cohesive group from here on out.
Yeah, it's genuinely absurd. Pretty easy to imagine why he was pushed out

Yeah I dont disagree there will internal improvements along with some internal declines. Thats true of all lists season to season though.

My point is more our list would be better in 2021 if we had Stevo, Treloar and Phillips rather than the three draftees who have replaced tham
This is probably true, but will it be better beyond this year?

For some reason there wasn't a lot of outrage around here about the club trying to force Witts - who was contracted at the time - to GWS for Treloar. I guess Witts just didn't love Collingwood or bleed black and white as much as Treloar does... or something like that.
Might have something to do with the club not leveraging his mental health against him and not making bullshit like the playing group don’t want to force him to leave because they don’t want to pay a back ended contract.

But sure great comparison...

Hard and effective runners are those that run both ways.

Phillips might, but Treloar doesn’t. Treloar is effective at running forward but despite that, doesn’t really hit the scoreboard too often.

I understand that you are concerned that a bunch of skinny pimply 18 year olds won’t have the endurance to walk into the team. I agree it’s a concern but it’s a good problem to have.... rather than the problem we had last year with so many players on the list with no upside or already past it.
Treloar hits the scoreboard every second game

If Treloar has a best 5 player game then it’s an indictment on our coaching panel.
We know his game, we know his weaknesses, we should know how to exploit them.
If he is off the leash then serious questions must be asked of Buckley and all the assistants.
Don't know. If we ignore and he racks up a heap of meaningless touches, it may indicate why we traded him.

Might have something to do with the club not leveraging his mental health against him and not making bullshit like the playing group don’t want to force him to leave because they don’t want to pay a back ended contract.

But sure great comparison...
Do you know of the conversations the club had with Witts when they tried to trade him or for that matter have when they want to trade or delist any players? Or is it just the one conversation between Buckley and Treloar, told from Treloar's perspective and leaked by Treloar himself?

If Treloar has a best 5 player game then it’s an indictment on our coaching panel.
If he is off the leash then serious questions must be asked of Buckley and all the assistants.

Or on the other hand maybe it means we have successfully shut down their gun players and won the game easily, knowing that Treloars possessions wont be damaging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know of the conversations the club had with Witts when they tried to trade him or for that matter have when they want to trade or delist any players? Or is it just the one conversation between Buckley and Treloar, told from Treloar's perspective and leaked by Treloar himself?
Yes I do

IF ...

you've been under a rock for the past five months ...

THEN ...

you wouldn’t have caught up with Adam Treloar's disliking of the Pies. He was once as publicly passionate about a "love" and desire to stay with his first club, GWS, before choosing to walk out on it. Player movement can work both ways. And time for Treloar to move on and get a kick.

All of this does and will happen regardless, because Buckley.

Last edited:
The only reason I would wish Adam a poor game against us is to shut up the constant whining here and media beat ups.

You can think what you like, for me I'm totally over the whole orchestrated campaign and those amongst us who swallow it hook, line and sinker.

I just want to win tonight and Treloar and other key Bulldog players having a bad night will help.

Whats done is done, and the results of tonights game wont change peoples opinions one way or the other. Treloar is a very good player. But hes gone now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back