Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy next to be traded and we will probably pay 400k for him to play at another club.

Yes for pick no 1123 in the 2035 draft. It will be a bonus if we can get away with only paying 400k.

To get into last years draft instead and help us pick up 5 players in the top 31 and another at 44 in a draft we rated. . Why do you suggest we should trade it at the end of this season instead of at the end of last season? How would that help us and whats the relevance of that to Adam Treloar?

Funny a draft we rated that so many didn't.

I suggested we didn't trade it because I felt a big drop down the ladder was on the cards, top 6 pick in a very strong draft next year would have been more valuable for trading purposes.

Think outside the box it was the easy, lazy safe option to just trade that pick, that sums up Collingwood and how it's managed currently.

Ads was over paid. As is Grundy. Last night I was wishing we'd gutted the list a couple of years ago and drafted both the King brothers to set us up for the future.
Sooner or later someone will be overpaid because of expectation. That same player might then fail to live up to expectation.

I think the pies were instructed to be all loved up with Treloar before the bounce, I think if they went the fake tough guy approach that would have fired him up and he would have played better. He just appeared to be jogging around sulking all night wondering why he isn't at Collingwood.
Pies big chance to get petracca at the end of the year, that's why they dumped salary. Treloar has played his best footy already, with soft tissues injuries, it was the right call to get rid of him on that deal.

To me Treloar looks a shadow of the player he was, he clearly still wants to play at Collingwood, I find it strange how it was ok for Adam to want a trade at the giants and he didn't care too much about leaving there, but when it's on other foot he has made a real issue of it, where he brings it up in the media the first chance he gets.

I also don't understand why he didn't want to go to the sun's, who are a team on the up where he would play with Rowell and Anderson and be close to his wife and daughter, he's got probably 3 years of footy left, surely you could rent in Qld for 3 years and come back, I don't see how staying in the Melbourne footy bubble will help him, when everyone constantly brings up his trade, I'm not sure we'll see the best of Treloar in that environment

I'm glad that drams is now over.. and we got the game out of the way in round one as bonus. . It was nice he didnt get involved in fake tough guy stuff with Collingwood (hi Daisy).... but it was quite the opposite. It was extremely affectionate. I thought it was almost creepy how much lovey-dovey interaction was going on between him and his ex teammates. I reckon hed come back to Collingwood tomorrow if we asked him nicely!! Very strange.

As for his game... it was pretty ordinary.

Funny a draft we rated that so many didn't.

I suggested we didn't trade it because I felt a big drop down the ladder was on the cards, top 6 pick in a very strong draft next year would have been more valuable for trading purposes.

Think outside the box it was the easy, lazy safe option to just trade that pick, that sums up Collingwood and how it's managed currently.

We're have these clubs said that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At no stage last night did I think "Wow, Treloar's killing it. Wish he was still playing for us".

No doubt the emotion of Fridays game would have taken a toll on him and he'll have much better games for the Doggies, but his stats mirrored those of last years SF and I thought he had similar impact across both games.

It didnt help us to get 5 in the top 31. It helped us get two in the top 31 - pick 30 and 31. It was a bloody strange trade. No idea why anyone has talked it up.

Que?

Pies big chance to get petracca at the end of the year, that's why they dumped salary.

We also dumped a first rounder that could be quite high and would have been bloody important in getting any trade for Petracca done.

How is that a Que? From trading out our first and then the subsequent trades of those picks, we got 30+31 plus a few points for next year. It wasn't part of us getting the first 3 blokes. It's being sold as somehow contributing to those 3 by using the phrase 5 in first 31. It's a rubbish sales pitch.

How is that a Que? From trading out our first and then the subsequent trades of those picks, we got 30+31 plus a few points for next year. It wasn't part of us getting the first 3 blokes. It's being sold as somehow contributing to those 3 by using the phrase 5 in first 31. It's a rubbish sales pitch.

So would we have gotten 5 in the 1st 31 picks without it? You think it's a sales pitch, but it's actually factual. I'm not sure why you've taken umbrage with the comment.

I think if someone had said halfway through 2020 that Collingwood would trade Treloar, Stephenson and Philips (all contracted players which demand more picks normally) and you didn't get 1 pick in the top 10, people would think your dreaming.
Treloar is worth a first rounder ( top 10 pick)
Stephenson is worth 2 first rounders
Phillips 15-25 pick

So although you still get 5 picks in the top 30, you should have had 2 top 10 picks in my opinion

So would we have gotten 5 in the 1st 31 picks without it? You think it's a sales pitch, but it's actually factual. I'm not sure why you've taken umbrage with the comment.

I think if someone had said halfway through 2020 that Collingwood would trade Treloar, Stephenson and Philips (all contracted players which demand more picks normally) and you didn't get 1 pick in the top 10, people would think your dreaming.
Phillips 15-25 pick

So although you still get 5 picks in the top 30, you should have had 2 top 10 picks in my opinion

So you think Treloar is cooked and a 'shadow of what he was', yet also worth a top 10 pick?

Phillips 15-25 pick

What did you think Cameron was worth?

It was my comment he took umbrage to. And he made a good point.

Not really. Without trading in picks 30 & 31 we never would have had 5 of the 1st 31 picks which was your statement, we'd have had 3. His post just didn't make any sense.

Phillips 15-25 pick

Gee, thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back