Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how you agree a trade without having worked out the finer details. I think we are within our rights to tell to jump, given what kind of deal they got.

How the hell could the Bulldogs have signed off on this without knowing how his contracted dollars were to be fulfilled after all that time negotiating down to the last minute? This just gets weirder and weirder. Hopefully we come out of it a bit better than we thought and it's just a total debacle and not a total F(*^( debacle.

How the hell could the Bulldogs have signed off on this without knowing how his contracted dollars were to be fulfilled after all that time negotiating down to the last minute? This just gets weirder and weirder. Hopefully we come out of it a bit better than we thought and it's just a total debacle and not a total F(*^( debacle.

already given official title of shitshow...

Then why did the AFL Okay the Trade when this was not Sorted?

Because the trade has nothing to do with it. They're separate deals.

The Dogs should have had a side deed agreed with the Pies and AT before pushing the go button on the trade. Treloar's primary employment contract would be with the Dogs direct. No way in the world would the Pies be a party to it. There should have been another agreement, and it seems there wasn't (at least in writing).

We either made a concrete promise, or we didn't (the trade was done in a rush, very late, so it seems some parts of the overall picture were left to be coloured in later). If we didn't commit to the salary contribution the Dogs expected and they went ahead anyway on the basis of a misguided assumption, then they are proper amateurs.

It has been reported that we had offered to contribute more of his salary in prospective trades with other clubs. I'm not surprised by this if those clubs were offering more back - eg, we may have been willing to contribute more in a trade with the Suns, on the expectation that they'd offer pick 5.

The question is whether that offer was made to Footscray specifically, who gave up next to nothing for him in the trade component.

One of the clubs stuffed up the financial aspect of the trade badly. Let's hope it wasn't us.

Well this is just bizarre! Based on the way we got bent over in trade compo our contribution should be $100k pa max. If it was $300k pa then we should have gotten pick 14 outright!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apologies for intruding. This just seems like a half-baked story. There is no way either Collingwood or Footscray traded without knowing who was paying what. I know you guys are fairly unhappy with the happenings during the last few weeks but there is no way any club is so unprofessional to not have a deal sorted on pay prior to the actual trade. The dogs need to know the money to account for their own salary cap too.

The truth on the dollars is probably somewhere in the grey but this just seems like a clickbait story to me.

Apologies for intruding. This just seems like a half-baked story. There is no way either Collingwood or Footscray traded without knowing who was paying what. I know you guys are fairly unhappy with the happenings during the last few weeks but there is no way any club is so unprofessional to not have a deal sorted on pay prior to the actual trade. The dogs need to know the money to account for their own salary cap too.

The truth on the dollars is probably somewhere in the grey but this just seems like a clickbait story to me.

Click bait is right - There is no way the AFL would not be across the payments agree as part of monitoring/auditing salary cap for both clubs.

Are the dogs kidding themselves! They get him for a future 2nd round for nothing and they also expect us to contribute 300k!.
The afl has completed his registration how about we tell the dogies to go and get f----d !

Richard Hinds on social media saying he was told it was closer to 50k pa.

Hope you are right on clickbait. Many of us question the professionalism of a club that trades Treloar and Stephenson for so little in trade return, their treatment of those players, their mismanagement of club salary cap to be in that position in the first place and their bullshit claims that it wasn't salary cap related but a strengthening of draft position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why has the negotiation required an extension by the AFL? It’s bizarre. Does anybody know what happens if they don’t come to terms, does Adz come back our way?

This and the Dunkley stuff just make me love football less. Money talks. I feel sad about this trade period.
In 1970 Hudson, McKenna and Jesaulenko kicked 146, 143 and 115 goals for the year

in 2020 Hawkins, Dixon and Kennedy kicked 49, 34 and 34 goals for the year

I can't even say the money has made it more exciting, it's just produced athletes at the expense of talent, and defensive game plans at the expense of excitement

Last edited:
Then why has the negotiation required an extension by the AFL? It’s bizarre. Does anybody know what happens if they don’t come to terms, does Adz come back our way?
It will get sorted out. No chance Treloar will ever set foot in the Holden Centre again.

Because the trade has nothing to do with it. They're separate deals.

The Dogs should have had a side deed agreed with the Pies and AT before pushing the go button on the trade. Treloar's primary employment contract would be with the Dogs direct. No way in the world would the Pies be a party to it. There should have been another agreement, and it seems there wasn't (at least in writing).

We either made a concrete promise, or we didn't (the trade was done in a rush, very late, so it seems some parts of the overall picture were left to be coloured in later). If we didn't commit to the salary contribution the Dogs expected and they went ahead anyway on the basis of a misguided assumption, then they are proper amateurs.

It has been reported that we had offered to contribute more of his salary in prospective trades with other clubs. I'm not surprised by this if those clubs were offering more back - eg, we may have been willing to contribute more in a trade with the Suns, on the expectation that they'd offer pick 5.

The question is whether that offer was made to Footscray specifically, who gave up next to nothing for him in the trade component.

One of the clubs stuffed up the financial aspect of the trade badly. Let's hope it wasn't us.
I want to insert a GIF of Pikey’s negotiating in Snatch...

Right, I still think for 300k you owe us more value in terms of picks.
Well that was for Ned Guy and Sam Power to sort out... or not as the case maybe.

Sounds like the '300k' might have been media speculation.

If the Doggies believed that we were gonna pay that amount without anything concrete from Collingwood - they're the fool.

If we agreed to something and are now trying to back out - poor form on our end.

I'd like to think its the first scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back