Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I had not heard this before but our WB visitor did not deny it.

100% true the s**t in the locker story.

I've heard this story from the Father of a current Dogs player, who was also there during the premiership year.

Stringer, C.Smith, Dahl and Libba massive campaigners by the sounds of it.

Was he? First I have heard of it.

Hmmmm, there were photo's and regular comments in the training reports. It's been a long year so it's easy to forget Beams completed much of the preseason this year before everything went to s**t.

Hmmmm, there were photo's and regular comments in the training reports. It's been a long year so it's easy to forget Beams completed much of the preseason this year before everything went to sh*t.
I recall no news regarding a comeback. I am surprised because I have regularly dipped into the Beams thread and regularly read and contribute to bigfooty. Perhaps I have early onset dementia and don't know it.

I recall no news regarding a comeback. I am surprised because I have regularly dipped into the Beams thread and regularly read and contribute to bigfooty. Perhaps I have early onset dementia and don't know it.

What do mean Beams? We were talking about Treloar.

Don't need the answer but if Boyd had've lumped you guys with a million dollar noose around your TPP for the last few years you'd have some idea of what keeping so many injured and in Beamer's case (Mental illness) blokes has meant for our club. Hence the spill this year.
In the past 12-14 months we've cleared out Wells, Reid, Broomhead, Varcoe, Langdon, Dunn, Scharenburg, Beams, and even Stephenson (who didn't play much in the last 14 months). Treloar is another one of these often injured / highly paid players. When highly paid players get injured a lot, they drain your club. We've had more significant injuries to our players for almost a decade now and it has obviously hurt clubs trying to our bottom line.

So carrying on telling us that WB won't pay this and won't do that....we're used to it. We've always got 17 other clubs trying to ream us some how or another.

We'll survive...like always. Let's just get it over and done with and move on.
Love reading your posts Robroy22. You very often reflect quite eloquently what my thoughts on footy and life in general are. I think we must be of a similar vintage, background and upbringing. May you keep on posting!

Over selling the respect between dogs/pies and clubs/Treloar for mine. Makes me wonder what the hidden message is.
No he's not. It dates right back to the proposed merger of 1989 between Fitzroy and Footscray, Gordon was President and was taken by surprise with the support he received from some prominent Collingwood people. Gordon and Maguire are friends and have mutual respect for each other. Big Footy is often a s**t fight between supporters who think their club is bigger and better than the other one, but in the real world the respect between dogs/pies is definitely there. This will get sorted out, it is the supporters who are making a big thing out of it.

It seemed a real softening msg to me. A lawyer such as Gordon knows the importance of getting things in triplicate in these type of circumstances so it would seem nothing was agreed upon. By simply assuming we’d front the cost of the money he was owed was a miscalculation from Power.

My take is they can’t afford more than the $600k over the course of the deal so either a secondary pick trade is organised favouring Collingwood to lessen the initial rogering we received or we front a big chunk in 2021 and they move guys on to fit the rest in for 2022 and beyond. I’m tipping it’ll be the latter and Dunkley is goneski post 2021.

From what I have been told, things were agreed in essence on the night re: each clubs’ obligations and what both of AT’s contracts would contain - but now the Pies are “trying it on”, whatever that might mean. But it will be readily sorted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it is us trying to renege on what we agreed to I'd be even more disgusted, if indeed that's even possible.

The manner it was described sounded more like gamesmanship than reneging. Sounded like a bit of a storm in a teacup that is getting more attention than justified given time of year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish outcome and complete incompetence to try and pretend that they didn’t have a firm deal done at the time.

Hopefully we can preload a significant amount next year when it doesn’t matter quite so much... eg 500k Given the dogs retained Dunkley it will probably suit them to get as much cap relief as possible, whilst we should have heaps after replacing 7 senior players with some kids on base wages.

Last edited:
I find it very hard to believe he was on 900*5 even allowing for our incompetence . Surely it’s 900 for one year and 700 after,which had also been reported in the past .
This. Reckon we’re on the hook for $300k in 2021 and then probably a third of that thereafter.

I find it very hard to believe he was on 900*5 even allowing for our incompetence . Surely it’s 900 for one year and 700 after,which had also been reported in the past .
That would make paying 300k a year even worse. There is no way to spin this, Guy really shouldn't have a job after this (and numerous other blunders). People lump Hine in with him, but at least I still have faith in his talent identification, what does Guy bring? Has he done anything good since he's been in the role?

That would make paying 300k a year even worse. There is no way to spin this, Guy really shouldn't have a job after this (and numerous other blunders). People lump Hine in with him, but at least I still have faith in his talent identification, what does Guy bring? Has he done anything good since he's been in the role?

Nope. nada nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back