Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

IU

If this is accurate, $165k or so a year on average is a pretty good outcome for us.

Its not as if Treloar is missing out on this money, its cap space thats being chewed up by WBD.

Lol, paying for a guy who does not play for us is a good outcome. Yeah OK.

That was the amount Collingwood already owed/rolled back into the next contract from the Pies, not the total the Pies were paying Treloar ongoing for the next 5 years.

In any case, it's great the dispute is finally settled and clubs and players can move on. I think Bevo will be the perfect coach for him. Incredibly empathetic and supportive.
I hope that he has a good career with the dogs, but never has any impact in games against Collingwood.

Its $830k over 5 years exactly. This is what the player believes.

The "$1m" suggestion is the closest to it and Id say rounded up. How much in what year was the dispute.

That is significantly better than the $1.5m that keeps getting reported

Take into account $300k is for the backloading, then the real compensation is just $100k per year!

Given the bind we were in, his hamstring issues and the unknown with his family - 165k a year to get out of what could be an absolute train wreck is a good outcome for mine.

Yes- the details on what he wanted to do flying back and forth to the GC each week have never fully come out. Couldn't imagine mentally he would cope with being apart with the stress of an AFL season. The club may not of handled it as well as they could have, however the decision with the draft outcome has probably helped us understand why.

Gotta remember, Dogs were paying Giants for Ryan Griffen when they won a flag.

IU

If this is accurate, $165k or so a year on average is a pretty good outcome for us.

Its not as if Treloar is missing out on this money, its cap space thats being chewed up by WBD.
My maths isn’t great but where’s the $165k coming from? If this $830k a year is his true contract, and not $900k, wouldn’t it be $230k and not $165k you’re chipping in? Still a much better result than $1.5m.

My maths isn’t great but where’s the $165k coming from? If this $830k a year is his true contract, and not $900k, wouldn’t it be $230k and not $165k you’re chipping in? Still a much better result than $1.5m.
830/5 is how I came up with 165

830 being the amount we will be paying in total over his contract to WBD as opposed to Treloar earning 830 a year for the rest of his contract.

Reason I came to this conclusion was that the 830 was used in the context of 1.5mil, which is the amount we were supposedly paying WBD in totality.

830/5 is how I came up with 165

830 being the amount we will be paying in total over his contract to WBD as opposed to Treloar earning 830 a year for the rest of his contract.

Reason I came to this conclusion was that the 830 was used in the context of 1.5mil, which is the amount we were supposedly paying WBD in totality.
Ah right I thought the suggestion was he was on $830k per year not the reported $900k per year.
You’re suggesting you’re chipping in $830k over 5 which puts his contract at $766k a year assuming the widely reported Dogs contract is $600k a year.

Ave
Ah right I thought the suggestion was he was on $830k per year not the reported $900k per year.
You’re suggesting you’re chipping in $830k over 5 which puts his contract at $766k a year assuming the widely reported Dogs contract is $600k a year.
Averaged out over the 5 years, yes.

I think that’s inline with the general concencus, being that Treloars contract ballooned at 900k and it wasn’t 900k per annum remaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really, I think it’s wishful thinking that Treloar next 5 years even out at just over $750k including the back ending which is what is being suggested. I guess we’ll never know.

The Age ( a far more reliable journo that the Sun hack) has reported the compensation as under $1m. Its not wishful thinking, it is just choosing to believe what has been reported. If somebody else has heard $830k then why cant that be correct?

I think its fair to assume the Dogs are paying 600k directly to Treloar (per annum).

That puts Treloars salary at about 765k. That includes the fact that he was backloaded. No doubt he will be on 900 for one of those 5 years but its patently obvious that he was NEVER on a $4.5 mil total contract.

The compo is 1 mil (or less). That includes an evener-up-er for the backloading which Collingwood was obviously always obliged to stump up for... you cant expect the Dogs to pay for Trelaors 2019 and 2020 contract...

Realistically Collingwood is only out of pocket about 500k after squaring up for what we owed Treloar for past seasons.

Last edited:
We are paying $830k total over the 5 years to him. works out to be $166k per year on average however could be front loaded to pay nil or minimal in year 4/5

I think we’ve asked them to front end it because of the TPP we’ve cleared this year. Some of it will address the reduced TPP going forward, some the Beams payout, some a war chest to chase FA’s, some of it to increased salaries of a few. Front ending minimizes the impact 2022 and beyond.
I think thats spot on. Pay as much as they will let us this year, Chase FA next year

Are you able to elaborate on what the dispute between Collingwood and the WBD was?

Was it simply the timing of the payments (i.e. the amount per year) or was it the amount?

That I honestly dont know. Haven't heard since the day after signing officially with the dogs which included how much pies were paying him.
It cant possibly be the total amount - that would be incompetence from both clubs and as I said, the player was given a number.
Can only be timings on the amount. I think the dogs are in trouble a bit with the cap reduction next year and the year after. Actually, I think thats one of the things collingwood was ahead of the curve on and why they took such significant steps.

personal - players side

Thank for that info. I will take it with a grain of salt. The club might just be telling the player or players that to save face and /or to spread the story that they didnt get reamed that hard. But it is just as believable as all the other stories going around.

Thank for that info. I will take it with a grain of salt. The club might just be telling the player or players that to save face and /or to spread the story that they didnt get reamed that hard. But it is just as believable as all the other stories going around.

Fair enough - esp when its hard for me to tell you exactly who and how I heard. It would give too much away and shut down that connection for me.
In saying that, Im really confident.$166k over 5 yrs.

Lol, paying for a guy who does not play for us is a good outcome. Yeah OK.

People are reporting that we are paying 300k for five years. Of course 165k if true is a good outcome based compared to that.

Especially if we can front load some of that in 2021 as has also been reported.....so that we have a decent chunk of it off our books when we aim to target a free agent

Have a feeling Treloar could be in for a rude awakening at the dogs if he doesn't work on his defensive deficiencies and ball use. Bevo is the type that's not afraid to drop a big name. Which will make us paying for another teams player to play in the VFL for a week or two all the more humorous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back