Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Its $830k over 5 years exactly. This is what the player believes.

The "$1m" suggestion is the closest to it and Id say rounded up. How much in what year was the dispute.
So, the options;
1. AT was on 900k/yr as reported. Dogs have stood firm and are paying him 600k/yr as agreed on trade night and contracted.
2. AT was on less than 900k/yr. Maybe 800k/yr. Dogs have stood firm and are paying him 600k/yr as agreed on trade night and contracted.

Whichever it is defines what the pies are paying. As agreed on trade night the pies are paying the difference between AT's contract with the pies and his contract with the dogs. Anywhere between 1.5m and 1m by all reports. I dont know which of those options it is but the pies faffed around and played silly buggers for a month for no result. None at all. Except to unduly stress a former loyal servant of your club who was screwed over by Ed n Ned n Bucks.

Congratulations.

I'll put this here too. Make it what you will.

Collingwood vice-captain Taylor Adams says he has “broken bread” with Adam Treloar over his departure from the Magpies as he shot down claims the club’s leadership group wanted the midfielder out.

Adams said he had held an “in-depth” conversation with Treloar since his shock exit from the club during a controversial trade period for the Magpies and explained his version of events.

It came as coach Nathan Buckley earlier this week denied accusations he had told Treloar the senior players had wanted him gone.

Adams said the club’s leadership group had never expressed such feelings towards Treloar, who was traded to the Western Bulldogs.

“There has obviously been confusion along the way somewhere and it was a complete misrepresentation of what we felt as leaders,” Adams said on RSN.

“At no point did I ever feel that was the feeling of what the leaders wanted and I have expressed that a number of times now and so has (coach) Nathan (Buckley)

“We are looking forward to moving on. I have spoken to ‘Adsy; in depth and we have broken bread about what my series of events are and what was reported in the media so I think he is relatively content with where that all sits.

Adams said the trade period had been a “really tough time” for a lot of people at the club and he had sought to get an understanding of what the club was “trying to achieve”.

“I think what we did really well is leaders of the football club, the leadership group, we were in constant communication with each other and tried to be across everything as much as we possibly could and support each other through what was a really tough time,” Adams said.

“Everyone has their own relationships with individual people that were traded or delisted or retired so people react differently to these player movements.

“I think the way that I tried to stay connected with the group was just to touch base with the guys that I knew that were probably also affected.

“We tried to get an understanding of what the club was trying to achieve and there were a few agendas there, we obviously wanted to bring in some youth and we obviously had that pressure of the salary cap that needed to be rectified.

“So the club has made some really tough and difficult decisions and our list management has the full faith of the playing group and us as leaders and I’m glad that the process is now over, we can now move on and project forward and look forward to 2021.

“After speaking to all of the guys that left the club to go pursue careers elsewhere, I think they see the same thing, an opportunity that they can move on and make the best of the situation that now is.”

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Gotta remember, Dogs were paying Giants for Ryan Griffen when they won a flag.
Not quite, we paid for Ryans 2015 contract at GWS, that bought us Tom who won us the game against GWS which got us to the Granny where he was a huge part of us winning the flag. Bargain.
Hopefully paying for Treloar gets you guys to next years granny (where we beat you I hope ;))

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not quite, we paid for Ryans 2015 contract at GWS, that bought us Tom who won us the game against GWS which got us to the Granny where he was a huge part of us winning the flag. Bargain.
Hopefully paying for Treloar gets you guys to next years granny (where we beat you I hope ;))
What's Peter Gordon s sons nane

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, the options;
1. AT was on 900k/yr as reported. Dogs have stood firm and are paying him 600k/yr as agreed on trade night and contracted.
2. AT was on less than 900k/yr. Maybe 800k/yr. Dogs have stood firm and are paying him 600k/yr as agreed on trade night and contracted.

Whichever it is defines what the pies are paying. As agreed on trade night the pies are paying the difference between AT's contract with the pies and his contract with the dogs. Anywhere between 1.5m and 1m by all reports. I dont know which of those options it is but the pies faffed around and played silly buggers for a month for no result. None at all. Except to unduly stress a former loyal servant of your club who was screwed over by Ed n Ned n Bucks.

Congratulations.
Mark my words pal
Money well spent by us getting him out the door

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have a feeling Treloar could be in for a rude awakening at the dogs if he doesn't work on his defensive deficiencies and ball use. Bevo is the type that's not afraid to drop a big name. Which will make us paying for another teams player to play in the VFL for a week or two all the more humorous.
Throw in the hammy that's bound to happen
Won't play 14 games

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol, paying for a guy who does not play for us is a good outcome. Yeah OK.
We paid bomber Clifford's wage
We paid heath Shaw's

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, the options;

Congratulations.

Or like us, you’ve got NFI.

So, the options;

Congratulations.
You type with one hand don't you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I think the only way anyone here is going to move on from this is if they change their perspective:

We're not paying Treloar to play for the Bulldogs or against us.

We're paying him for the games he has already played for us over the past 5 seasons, albeit just late.
Nicely put

I wonder if the Beams mental health/salary saga had an effect here. Might have been the tipping point.
Hopefully AT can avoid the issues that plague Beamsy, and can live life free of mental health struggles.

Bit over Adam Treloar. Hope he plays good footy for the Dogs, but does every thought have to go through the media.

Bit over Adam Treloar. Hope he plays good footy for the Dogs, but does every thought have to go through the media.
I’m looking forward to Adams sitting him on his arse in round 1.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back