Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You’ve never been to a VFL/AFL game?
Part of the fabric.
I rather enjoy a good boo. When Bob Dylan went electric and was seen as a traitor to folk and protest music, he was booed every night right through the band set, so much so that in the end the booing got to him and he stopped touring for 8 years. People paid money to attend his concerts with the intention of banding together to boo and walkout. Paying to boo and leave seems to be a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. You pay good money to protest.

Deciding when and when not to boo can require a lot of forethought or be totally spontaneous. But Goodes paid the ultimate booing penalty. Playing football for him must have been an earthly experience of purgatory in the end.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Bulldogs beware

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

EFA? I think you’re spot on that his career is delicately poised, but I think there was a scenario that would have worked better for him and the club bringing him in, GC. There would be no pressure on him up there so he just focuses on his body and his game and he’s with his partner.

The Bulldogs though are ready to implode with a bad year. Bont OOC, Dunkley poised to walk, Beveridge with very few 2016 credits left in the bank and then there’s Treloar. Much like us the domino effect will hit hard if they have a poor start to the year.

EFA? I think you’re spot on that his career is delicately poised, but I think there was a scenario that would have worked better for him and the club bringing him in, GC. There would be no pressure on him up there so he just focuses on his body and his game and he’s with his partner.

The Bulldogs though are ready to implode with a bad year. Bont OOC, Dunkley poised to walk, Beveridge with very few 2016 credits left in the bank and then there’s Treloar. Much like us the domino effect will hit hard if they have a poor start to the year.
He is a footballer and as we all know when you play footy flags are at the forefront of the mind

Dogs are poised to push up the ladder and may contend soon. That’s got to be a huge incentive. He may look back in a few seasons and thank Bucks and the Pies

He is a footballer and as we all know when you play footy flags are at the forefront of the mind

Dogs are poised to push up the ladder and may contend soon. That’s got to be a huge incentive. He may look back in a few seasons and thank Bucks and the Pies
I was under the impression that his priority was Melbourne and not contention.

One thing that was missed in the whole better off in Queensland with his wife discussion is that proximity to his support networks in Melbourne may play a important role to his wellbeing than proximity to his wife.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

One thing that was missed in the whole better off in Queensland with his wife discussion is that proximity to his support networks in Melbourne may play a important role to his wellbeing than proximity to his wife.
Reckon gold coast might make the 8 this year

Dogs top 6

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyway we could get Bailey Smith? Absolute jet!!!

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders

He may, but personally GC are closer than the Bulldogs. They have stars everywhere and are physical/ mental development from being GWS of 2016. If it’s not 2021 they’ll be playing finals by 2022 and a contender by 2023 when Lukosious, Rankine, Rowell, King, Anderson, Ballard, Ainsworth and Bowes are 22/23 with 60+ games under their belt supported by Hollands, Swallow, Witts, Weller, Powell, McPherson, Fiorini and Miller. Adding Treloar to that mix would have been scary whereas at the Dogs there’s too many ?’s. The one doubt I have is their fitness department which has made our injury record look exceptional by comparison.

The broader question was the proximity to family and whether his partner will extend her stay. I don’t think GC were ever even considered because like you Adam thought they were still a while off. Had they entertained it well that’s an entirely different ball game (not for Collingwood).

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
He may, but personally GC are closer than the Bulldogs. They have stars everywhere and are physical/ mental development from being GWS of 2016. If it’s not 2021 they’ll be playing finals by 2022 and a contender by 2023 when Lukosious, Rankine, Rowell, King, Anderson, Ballard, Ainsworth and Bowes are 22/23 with 60+ games under their belt supported by Hollands, Swallow, Witts, Weller, Powell, McPherson, Fiorini and Miller. Adding Treloar to that mix would have been scary whereas at the Dogs there’s too many ?’s. The one doubt I have is their fitness department which has made our injury record look exceptional by comparison.

The broader question was the proximity to family and whether his partner will extend her stay. I don’t think GC were ever even considered because like you Adam thought they were still a while off. Had they entertained it well that’s an entirely different ball game (not for Collingwood).

Hopefully - like GWS - they struggle to keep all of their players. Would love for a Rankine or Lukosius to go back home to a struggling Adelaide Crows side, or for one or two others to drop out.

It was a big fear when they and GWS entered the competition (that they'd both share the next ten flags) but I feel a sense of fear about this GCS team that's brewing...

I was talking in general termsreally

Any chance we traded out in order to afford Rankine.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Any chance we traded out in order to afford Rankine.

None, but Daicos is a bloody good alternative post 2021. If I were to guess it’s Kelly and Merrett that we’ll be all in on and hoping that Cox significantly bridges the gap between his best and worst until one of Kelly or McMahon comes on...

None, but Daicos is a bloody good alternative post 2021. If I were to guess it’s Kelly and Merrett that we’ll be all in on and hoping that Cox significantly bridges the gap between his best and worst until one of Kelly or McMahon comes on...
I know. I just would love to see him in a pies jumper.

Last edited:
Channel 9 reckon he is unlikely for game against us. Probably just more bullshit from them though.

Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge said Treloar will only play "some minutes" in the reserves practice match on Monday, if at all.

"He'd had a really strong training patch and then he got a cork in his calf and kept running on it. So it turned into something a little bit worse," Beveridge told SEN radio on Wednesday.

"We've got about 12 days until round one (after Monday) and we'll just see how that shapes up."

Back