Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy gets paid very very very well and it is his and his partners choices and circumstances as well as his body that put his head on the chopping block at the Pies. Who knows if we could have traded others to keep him if required but I'm Ok with him gone as I didn't rate him as highly as others and especially "Show me the money Guy". Adz may win a premiership and good luck to him but he could also probably retire and still live a comfortable life so I don't feel sorry for the guy.

He is owed nothing and I couldn't give a Fat Rats Clacker if he wins a medal or not and TBH I hope the Dees beat the Bullies by 1p.
There I said it.

The guy gets paid very very very well and it is his and his partners choices and circumstances as well as his body that put his head on the chopping block at the Pies. Who knows if we could have traded others to keep him if required but I'm Ok with him gone as I didn't rate him as highly as others and especially "Show me the money Guy". Adz may win a premiership and good luck to him but he could also probably retire and still live a comfortable life so I don't feel sorry for the guy.

He is owed nothing and I couldn't give a Fat Rats Clacker if he wins a medal or not and TBH I hope the Dees beat the Bullies by 1p.
There I said it.
Thanks for holding back

There I said it.

Treloar is a great bloke for what he actually did (backended contract in good faith).

It was the list manger who stuffed up royally (Over a million over in budget easy is really hard to do lol).

Couldn’t move Mayne because Mayne, and Greenwood is Greenwood they were getting paid close to if not double (WHE).

Grundy Moore, Degoey took preference. Nothing personal as media paints it as it was a financial nightmare. How to lose 3x best 22 players in less than a few days from emergency and necessity to actually be near the “hard” cap limit. 1.5 mill isn’t just small number to get wrong.

AFL had to step in and the Dogs had zero obligations to help us with the mess we put ourselves in. Also the Dogs front loaded the new one too which helps even if we paying a sum of Treloar’s money.

Last edited:
Still haven't heard anyone confirm that he was willing to take a pay cut to stay at the club he was so desperate to stay at.

His contract is backended. Put two and two together lol

Not a paycut, backended. It’s actually a zero risk and great faith based act on Adam’s behalf.

We just stuffed up big time financially hence he was gutted. You’d be to and everyone else that works on a salary.

There I said it.

100%. Treloar is a good player, really nice guy and was clearly passionate about our club! I was sad about the circumstances he left under. But at the end of the day it's the Collingwood Football Club and not the Adam Treloar Football Club. You make decisions in the best interests of the club. No need to feel sorry for him. Lets not forget he walked out on a club to get to Collingwood in the first place for his personal interests. Players do as they please but when it's a club like Collingwood we're considered unethical?

It's all media sensationalism ofc. Just adds to the narrative of being the most hated club which sells the papers.

We gave up a lot to get him and we got bent over to get rid of him. I think we paid our penance. He on the other hand still got all his money, the sympathy and support of everyone and gets a chance to play in a Grand Final again.

Good luck to him!

What we did though was unethical (or handling and personal relations was poor), it was strictly fixing business woes and malpractice at best.

Hope he does well, really good player

Treloar is a great bloke for what he actually did (backended contract in good faith).

It was the list manger who stuffed up royally (Over a million over in budget easy is really hard to do lol).

Couldn’t move Mayne because Mayne, and Greenwood is Greenwood they were getting paid close to if not double (WHE).

Grundy Moore, Degoey took preference. Nothing personal as media paints it as it was a financial nightmare. How to lose 3x best 22 players in less than a few days from emergency and necessity to actually be near the “hard” cap limit. 1.5 mill isn’t just small number to get wrong.

AFL had to step in and the Dogs had zero obligations to help us with the mess we put ourselves in. Also the Dogs front loaded the new one too which helps even if we paying a sum of Treloar’s money.
Absolutely it was a contract debacle that needed to be solved. He isn't a gun like his contract suggested and I feel Adz was the perfect choice to move on for many other reasons that have been previously discussed on here. I would have been upset to lose Degoey, Moore, Maynard or Crisp over Adz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Never a short term ploy" except for when she said it was and it was convenient for her to paint it in that light.
How long is the netball season+expected training and does it overlap with the footy season. They may only be apart due to work commitments for a few months of the year. And assuming border crossings become more doable than currently, they'll still be able to go back and forth during that time.

If they think they can make it work - good luck to them.

I like Treloar, but listening to how much he craps on about himself and his issues in the media, if he does the same in his relationship, a few months apart may strengthen the relationship.

Absolutely it was a contract debacle that needed to be solved. He isn't a gun like his contract suggested and I feel Adz was the perfect choice to move on for many other reasons that have been previously discussed on here. I would have been upset to lose Degoey, Moore, Maynard or Crisp over Adz

I feel the same way (with Grundy too just his contract is an eyesore lol and not one I would give out at all it’s too long and too risky).

Just sucks what happened, hopefully it’s a lesson learned from now on.

Hopefully there’s a Jonah Hill type out there character in there doing some wacky saber/moneyball plan as we speak Lmao (too much data for there not to be one imo).

I read somewhere about 98% of your top 31 players on a list play and the rest make up 2% in a given year.

I think Dogs already have the book with the way I’m looking at their list when it comes to delegating contracts.

GC, you are wallowing in ancient history. We have plenty more recent 'enemies' to hate. I would be happy for Treloar to get a medal, but much happier if it was a Demons player. Embrace the modern age.:p
I am very happy having lots of enemies. Modern and Ancient. Don’t limit yourself

Hope he and his family succeed but if Kim is playing for another 2 years up north - wow how do they do it (not seeing your wife and young child for 3 years is a bloody large chunk of life when you think about it) and also you can understand a little why the club was worried

Good luck to him, he didn’t want to leave, we pushed him.

He helped the club out by restructuring his contract, not his fault.

The complete salary cap cluster wasn’t his fault either.

Wasn’t his idea to have 300k of his pay come from us.

Everything in the Treloar situation comes down to Ned Guy and list management team incompetence.

How long is the netball season+expected training and does it overlap with the footy season. They may only be apart due to work commitments for a few months of the year. And assuming border crossings become more doable than currently, they'll still be able to go back and forth during that time.

If they think they can make it work - good luck to them.

I like Treloar, but listening to how much he craps on about himself and his issues in the media, if he does the same in his relationship, a few months apart may strengthen the relationship.
The Super Netball season runs almost parallel to the footy season - starts in May, finals kick off in August

So the couple has a child then decides to live in different states during a pandemic?

Interesting.
I am in that exact same situation now…but living in different countries.
We didn’t exactly plan it this way…circumstances out of our direct control.
What can we do?
Both have careers…the pandemic is keeping us apart.

What can we do?

You and Scarlet Johannsen, we’re talking about here I gather?

What can we do?

Yeah, but Adam and his partner literally planned to do this. She had an offer to play Netball for a Victorian team but chose to play in Queensland.

Bizarre situation and must be extremely distressing having your baby move to another state while you live by yourself.

Yeah, but Adam and his partner literally planned to do this. She had an offer to play Netball for a Victorian team but chose to play in Queensland.

Bizarre situation and must be extremely distressing having your baby move to another state while you live by yourself.
But most didn‘t think (12 months ago) that we would still be in lockdown in September 2021 with border closures…I didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back