Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

MightyPies2010

Senior List
Sep 21, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
35 touches at 74%, 12 of those contested, 9 tackles, one goal. Unbelievable game from him, the way he broke free and evaded traffic when the game was in the air and transitioned the ball from defense to attack was surreal. This is why we paid what we did for him. I won't ever regret this trade and neither will any Collingwood supporter.
GUN!

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Very good performance on Friday. The play on the wing to get past the tackles was brilliant. Can't question his desire to will himself on the contest when the game was there to be won. There were a couple of times in the last though that he could've opened the game up with a spearing kick of 50+ but he hit floaters that didn't get to the man in time. In comparison Pendlebury and Bontempelli always looked like creating openings when they got the ball. Treloar can create by hand but not by foot. It means his acceleration which should be a huge weapon doesn't often hurt teams because his kicks lack penetration. It's why I doubt he can go from a top 50 midfielder to a top 10. It's also why teams aren't tagging him.

A question for you pies fans. What order do you expect Moore, De Goey and Treloar to finish up in terms of their overall careers? They should all be 200 gamers or more.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Very good performance on Friday. The play on the wing to get past the tackles was brilliant. Can't question his desire to will himself on the contest when the game was there to be won. There were a couple of times in the last though that he could've opened the game up with a spearing kick of 50+ but he hit floaters that didn't get to the man in time. In comparison Pendlebury and Bontempelli always looked like creating openings when they got the ball. Treloar can create by hand but not by foot. It means his acceleration which should be a huge weapon doesn't often hurt teams because his kicks lack penetration. It's why I doubt he can go from a top 50 midfielder to a top 10. It's also why teams aren't tagging him.

A question for you pies fans. What order do you expect Moore, De Goey and Treloar to finish up in terms of their overall careers? They should all be 200 gamers or more.
Treloar
Moore
De Goey

JDG won't be a star but he'll be a very serviceable midfielder over a long period of time, kinda like Scott Burns
We have high hopes and expectations for Moore and he's certainly delivering so far. Injuries are the only barrier from going to an elite level. We're all hoping he won't get caught up in them.
Treloar is an undisputed star and I think a top 10 mid within a couple of years at the least (note: this is my man-crush speaking, not me). I *ing love the bloke

MightyPies2010

Senior List
Sep 21, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood

Baring injury, all will be 200+ Game players, no question in my mind whatsoever.

Jan 29, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood

Moore is looking like a star forward, a long way to go but probably the most exciting young forward I've seen at Collingwood. Treloar will be a fantastic player, probably the level below the truly elite midfielders, his finishing by foot is certainly his weakness at the moment. De Goey should be a good solid player, maybe not a champion but should be able to carve out a very good career. I'd expect them all to play 200 games definitely.

I'd have Aish and Grundy in the discussion before De Goey. This is the order that I'd value them, but only because quality talls are rarer than mids:

Moore
Grundy
Treloar
Aish
DeoGoey

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Treloar
Moore
Grundy
De Goey
Aish

DIDAIC0S

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
I dont think Collingwood thought their first rounder this year would be a top 5-7 pick. Theyve ended up paying more than they wanted to.

Similar to us with Yarran, but to a lesser extent because its only a second rounder this year.

I don't think Collingwood thought that Witts wasn't going to go back to NSW.

Him wanting to stay has not only decreased his value for this years trade period as he hasn't been playing and Grundy has nailed down the no 1 ruck spot, but cost us a first round pick, rather than a 2nd rounder, in either the draft just gone or upcoming.

Buck off! Promote the General! #17

Last edited:

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting to see how you guys rate them. Personally I'd be picking Moore easily as the first of those 3. In his second year the west coast game showed he was the difference between a really dangerous forward line and basically a dysfunctional one. With his size and athleticism he should be able to adapt to anything the game throws at him. For mine he's one of the most valuable young players in the comp and , barring injury, a guaranteed star.

I also think you guys underrate JDG's potential. He's still got massive improvements physically and he's just getting used to the game. I'd be really tossing up between him and Treloar if given the option. I think at worst JDG should become a player only a rung below Treloar and I think is somewhat more likely to be a true star of the comp.

Interestingly Aish might help things. One of my biggest issues with the pies paying so much for Treloar was that he wasn't a desperate need. The pies have a whole bunch of hard at it young mids with suspect kicking skills. Treloar's a class above guys like Adams and Crisp but he's got similar strengths and weaknesses. If Aish can become a really classy ball user perhaps that can mask what I think is the one big weakness of Collingwood's developing midfield.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
I also think you guys underrate JDG's potential. He's still got massive improvements physically and he's just getting used to the game. I'd be really tossing up between him and Treloar if given the option. I think at worst JDG should become a player only a rung below Treloar and I think is somewhat more likely to be a true star of the comp.
They're just annoyed that 2 Metre Peter is doing very well at Gold Coast when we had the chance to grab him. De Goey is a fine prospect and I see him moulding into a Scott Burns type, as that really serviceable midfielder over a long period of time. The problem is that the club has overloaded on best 22 quality midfielders and have forced De Goey forward, and he's just awkwardly floating between the forward line and midfield, which is certainly not where he should be played,

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Treloar was definitely a desperate need. His raw pace is something we sadly lacked. With Pendles getting towards the latter part of his career we needed a gun to replace Beams/Swan and hence recruiting Aish and Treloar and De Goey.

Treloar now just needs to add poise to his game so he can execute his kicking a bit better.

Oct 7, 2014
?
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers
Interesting to see how you guys rate them. Personally I'd be picking Moore easily as the first of those 3. In his second year the west coast game showed he was the difference between a really dangerous forward line and basically a dysfunctional one. With his size and athleticism he should be able to adapt to anything the game throws at him. For mine he's one of the most valuable young players in the comp and , barring injury, a guaranteed star.

Interestingly Aish might help things. One of my biggest issues with the pies paying so much for Treloar was that he wasn't a desperate need. The pies have a whole bunch of hard at it young mids with suspect kicking skills. Treloar's a class above guys like Adams and Crisp but he's got similar strengths and weaknesses. If Aish can become a really classy ball user perhaps that can mask what I think is the one big weakness of Collingwood's developing midfield.

Moore could be the best key forward the clubs had since McKenna. I also reckon he can be the best forward in the comp in 5 years.

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
soft spot for Carlton out of pity
I'd have Aish and Grundy in the discussion before De Goey. This is the order that I'd value them, but only because quality talls are rarer than mids:

Moore
Grundy
Treloar
Aish
DeoGoey

I was going to start a thread on the Collingwood board on this topic.

Moore
Treloar
Grundy
Aish
DeGoey

By the way,
If Grundy was traded to Richmond now it would cost them their first and second rounder minimum, possibly two firsts plus something their way re the hypothetical thread.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Treloar
Moore
De Goey

JDG won't be a star but he'll be a very serviceable midfielder over a long period of time, kinda like Scott Burns
We have high hopes and expectations for Moore and he's certainly delivering so far. Injuries are the only barrier from going to an elite level. We're all hoping he won't get caught up in them.
Treloar is an undisputed star and I think a top 10 mid within a couple of years at the least (note: this is my man-crush speaking, not me). I ruddy love the bloke
Agree. In hindsight two metre Peter would have been the better pick. Imagine him and Moore up forward for the next 12 years.
Makes giving up the the first of two top 10 draft picks for Treloar for Weideman moot.
DeGoey may end up decent, but your mids are already elite with Treloar, Sidebottom, Pendles and Greenwood in the guts.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Top 10 Midfielder in the comp. In terms of trade value and taking into consideration their age & Injury history
1. Dangerfield
2. Fyfe
3. Martin
4. Hannebury
5. Pendlebury
6. Selwood
7. Sloane
8. Bontempelli
9. Treloar
10. Merrett/Cripps/Neale/Wines/Shiel/Parker

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
soft spot for Carlton out of pity
Top 10 Midfielder in the comp. In terms of trade value and taking into consideration their age & Injury history
1. Dangerfield
2. Fyfe
3. Martin
4. Hannebury
5. Pendlebury
6. Selwood
7. Sloane
8. Bontempelli
9. Treloar
10. Merrett/Cripps/Neale/Wines/Shiel/Parker
I'd have Treloar ahead of The Bont and Sloane.

Back