Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably just a coincidence that De Goey remains unsigned with about 72 hours to go before they lose him for nothing.

Hold the line Footscray. They can't front load Treloar and sign De Goey on a two year deal. And his manager (ie Daddy Dearest) isnt going to let his boy sign a longer, backended contract. Who wouldve thought Beams would be the real hero in all this?
I'm sick to death of our players greed, as much as i love De Goey if he wants more than his worth he can * right off, we'll never win another flag paying Grundy a million PA (who signed off on that doosy?) and Moore eeking out every penny he possibly could, even though he's spent more time in the rehab group than of the field.

Because Collingwood agreed to pay a huge chunk of it. How are you having so much difficulty in comprehending that? Also, "go after" isnt accurate. I would describe it as him falling into our lap. Stop trying to push some kind of moral obligation on us to accept Collingwood's bait and switch. The only reason you even care is because you're still salty about the Dunkley situation.

We let him wear our colours and we paraded him infront of the media because we had no reason to suspect Collingwood would act so dishonorably. You can't honestly expect the Bulldogs to pay almost all of Treloar's salary when the trade was predicated on Collingwood paying a lot of it.
There you go. Any criticism about Bulldogs must be due to an ulterior motive because of course Bulldogs couldn't possibly do a thing wrong right?

Why would I be salty about Bulldogs keeping a contracted player? Please tell me? We weren't winning a premiership and we don't really have much to do with Bulldogs. It's like telling me I'm salty about the failed Caddy trade with Gold Coast. We've moved on to the draft as has everyone else.

Where is the evidence for the bait and switch? Why would I believe that there was a concrete agreement between Bulldogs and Collingwood for Collingwood to pay a huge salary when we don't know both sides of the story? There's literally no evidence that Collingwood reneged because there's no evidence of the initial agreement in the first place, which is why there is a dispute. That's why both sides are to blame over this situation. It'll be resolved, but don't act like throwing him back to Collingwood is a good look because it isn't.

You did go after Treloar because he did a medical with you and you enquired about him. You can call it whatever you want, but he is in Bulldogs colours now. Bulldogs wanted to get him on the cheap which is fair enough as a salary dump, but overlooking a concrete agreement over the salary split is not the way to do it.
It's more likely that everything was rushed and this was missed, which means it is some level of incompetence on both sides considering this was literally a last minute trade.

I
There you go. Any criticism about Bulldogs must be due to an ulterior motive because of course Bulldogs couldn't possibly do a thing wrong right?

Why would I be salty about Bulldogs keeping a contracted player? Please tell me? We weren't winning a premiership and we don't really have much to do with Bulldogs. It's like telling me I'm salty about the failed Caddy trade with Gold Coast. We've moved on to the draft as has everyone else.

Where is the evidence for the bait and switch? Why would I believe that there was a concrete agreement between Bulldogs and Collingwood for Collingwood to pay a huge salary when we don't know both sides of the story? There's literally no evidence that Collingwood reneged because there's no evidence of the initial agreement in the first place, which is why there is a dispute. That's why both sides are to blame over this situation. It'll be resolved, but don't act like throwing him back to Collingwood is a good look because it isn't.

You did go after Treloar because he did a medical with you and you enquired about him. You can call it whatever you want, but he is in Bulldogs colours now. Bulldogs wanted to get him on the cheap which is fair enough as a salary dump, but overlooking a concrete agreement over the salary split is not the way to do it.
It's more likely that everything was rushed and this was missed, which means it is some level of incompetence on both sides considering this was literally a last minute trade.
Dont know how you can right all of this and not taste the ocean of salt pouring out your mouth, moved on hahahahah your in this thread hahahahah

I'm sick to death of our players greed, as much as i love De Goey if he wants more than his worth he can fu** right off, we'll never win another flag paying Grundy a million PA (who signed off on that doosy?) and Moore eeking out every penny he possibly could, even though he's spent more time in the rehab group than of the field.
With Steady Neddy dishing out coin like a pissed millionaire at the strippers, it any wonder the boys line up for a payday

Worst case scenario if this looks like it will not get resolved Collingwood can always try and repair the relationship with Treloar they have cleared some salary cap space

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derp. There is no trade yet mate.

Treloar is still a pie until the dogs are satisfied with a deal.

the Facts of list lodgement say otherwise.

Don't work that way, the lists are lodged, officially, he is on the western bulldogs list. he *IS* official and legally a western bulldogs player.

He is not listed as a collingwood player. He is listed as a western bulldogs player.

Yeah I read them champ, on 2nd read Dogs net assets are still greater than Pies net assets. Total assets are more or less the same for each club owing to Collingwood's extra cash in the bank, which makes the Dogs standing on their own two feet over this period even more impressive.

You brought up assets as some sort of flex because you guessed the Dogs had little, then decided revenues are more important when you were wrong.

Buffoon.

You do realize why your non-current assets balances sits so high relative to your revenue and income streams right... A once off 18 million dollar government grant of land around the Western Oval makes the balance look great but whats the plan subdivide inside forward 50 and put a block of flats on it? Rent out space to food trucks on the wing? Well done for not needing help mowing your free lawn but your club just got its inheritance, never going to happen again. But well done there big fella, I told you to read it again and then get someone to explain it to you but no you got riled up by being champed and now have shown everyone what a big show operator you must be.

How did we get here, Collingwood and western bulldogs can't agree both teams have different offers that neither will accepy.

Perhaps collingwood, would accept payer a lot of treloar's salary if the picks were right, there's a stand off, collingoowd last offer has collingwood paying a smaller amount, the dogs collingwood a larger amount

the dogs put in a last miniute offer, with the dogs assuming that collingwood would accept the deal beinging varying only n picks, to be linem, where as collinwgood expecting the offer to be prehaps more in line with the last collingwood offer

It's possible that sides saw the context of the dogs last miniute offer in differing contexts, regarding previous negotiations.

There's reaosnable case that if collingwood did not explictly endorse paying a large part of Trelaoa's salary that theyt should not be liable to. But the AFL have a history of "fixing" things, so who knows how it plays out.

The deal is *SO* bad there is argument that collingwood paying large amount makes the entire deal so noon sensible as to be beyond reaonable intrepretation of the dogs last minute offer,.

The Dogs seem to think they should get something for absolutely nothing.

You do realize why your non-current assets balances sits so high relative to your revenue and income streams right... A once off 18 million dollar government grant of land around the Western Oval makes the balance look great but whats the plan subdivide inside forward 50 and put a block of flats on it? Rent out space to food trucks on the wing? Well done for not needing help mowing your free lawn but your club just got its inheritance, never going to happen again.

Going well thanks.

2A84A20C-6C91-4446-AC10-77AEC973604C.jpeg

Does anyone honestly believe that the deal was done with an agreement to 'sort out the payments later'?

The Dogs might have screwed up by not having it in writing (no one here knows the actual situation) but that line seems like absolute baloney. It's one thing to have a verbal agreement which the Pies have now reneged on, its another entirely to have not even discussed it. Sam Power is a lawyer, not a complete idiot.

People keep saying this 'Sam Power is a lawyer', like it means that he couldn't make a mistake. But I've known plenty of lawyers who are complete morons in the mould of Dennis Denuto, because they only have a focus on one particular area.

I've said this a few times now, but, the mere fact that he accepted a contractual obligation with Treloar and Collingwood on the proviso that we'd 'sort it out later' doesn't paint him in the greatest light when it comes to the intelligence stakes - especially when he knew who he was dealing with and what kind of integrity or lack thereof, that the Pies had already fully put on display.

Said it once and I'll say it again, both parties really ****ed this up - and the AFL let it happen. To not have something in writing is buying/trading/selling 101.

I can't just buy a TV and then come back two weeks later and say 'hey you guys said you'd pay $300 of it via a gift card you were sending out.' Seller then says 'ok who told you that, because that's not our policy, do you have that on your receipt?' Buyer says 'errr but the person I dealt with said it was.' Seller says, 'soz can't help ya unless you have proof.' Buyer says, 'but your head management was the one who agreed to let this arrangement happen?'

*crickets*

That's just a dumb hypothetical I made up, but this is almost like a much much larger version of this idea - except instead of a TV it's a human being stuck in the middle who can actually perceive feeling like the meat in the s**t sandwich that is the two clubs and their amateur dealings - with the AFL being the guy who made the sandwich.

No-one actually knows which version is true - Collingwood's or the Bulldog's -, and we can argue who is right 'til the cows come home.

The fact remains, that a deal was agreed to on the night of the trade, with each party thinking that they'd secured their own desired position within said trade - yet neither party had or did, and the AFL signed off on all of this ridiculous amateur behaviour. There is nothing in writing from anyone, and it's only Treloar that sits blameless amongst all the carnage and the bedlam.

I legitimately have no idea how this will get resolved, and if I was Treloar, I'd honestly consider asking the Dogs to renege the trade, sue the AFL for malpractice and mental hardship, and get them to comp his 300K a year while the Pies pay his 600K for 5 years, and he has a nice little holiday.

Complete and utter joke. I hope Treloar goes scorched earth and burns it all down. Would be poetry :)

Last edited:
People keep saying this 'Sam Power is a lawyer', like it means that he couldn't make a mistake. But I've known plenty of lawyers who are complete morons in the mould of Dennis Denuto, because they only have a focus on one particular area.

I've said this a few times now, but, the mere fact that he accepted a contractual obligation with Treloar and Collingwood on the proviso that we'd 'sort it out later' doesn't paint him in the greatest light when it comes to the intelligence stakes - especially when he knew who he was dealing with and what kind of integrity or lack thereof, that the Pies had already fully put on display.

Said it once and I'll say it again, both parties really f’ed this up - and the AFL let it happen. To not have something in writing is buying/trading/selling 101.

I can't just buy a TV and then come back two weeks later and say 'hey you guys said you'd pay $300 of it via a gift card you were sending out.' Seller then says 'ok who told you that, because that's not our policy, do you have that on your receipt?' Buyer says 'errr but the person I dealt with said it was.' Seller says, 'soz can't help ya unless you have proof.' Buyer says, 'but your head management was the one who agreed to let this arrangement happen?'

*crickets*

That's just a dumb hypothetical I made up, but this is almost like a much much larger version of this idea - except instead of a TV it's a human being stuck in the middle who can actually perceive feeling like the meat in the sh*t sandwich that is the two clubs and their amateur dealings - with the AFL being the guy who made the sandwich.

No-one actually knows which version is true - Collingwood's or the Bulldog's -, and we can argue who is right 'til the cows come home.

The fact remains, that a deal was agreed to on the night of the trade, with each party thinking that they'd secured their own desired position within said trade - yet neither party had or did, and the AFL signed off on all of this ridiculous amateur behaviour. There is nothing in writing from anyone, and it's only Treloar that sits blameless amongst all the carnage and the bedlam.

I legitimately have no idea how this will get resolved, and if I was Treloar, I'd honestly consider asking the Dogs to renege the trade, sue the AFL for malpractice and mental hardship, and get them to comp his 300K a year while the Pies pay his 600K for 5 years, and he has a nice little holiday.

Complete and utter joke.
Its also very possible that deal was agreed as reported and since then the AFL have told them that Beams settlement of $800k is coming off their 2021 cap and they can no longer pay the $300k they begrudgingly agreed to. This also having but the knock on effect that they can’t pay for JDG now either.

Last edited:
How do you account for the reports that other clubs were also under the impression

Its also very possible that deal was agreed as reported and since then the AFL have told them that Beams settlement of $800k is coming off their 2021 cap and they can no longer pay the $300k they begrudgingly agreed to. This also having but the knock on effect that they can’t pay for JDG now either.

Definitely possible, but as any good lawyer will tell you, utterly unprovable unless there's some sort of evidence to support that notion.

Pies already look like monsters at the moment, and even if they are doing this as you say - which there is no evidence of one way or the other yet -, then they will seriously not care about their public image if it means they get this 'win.'

And the bad thing for you guys is, is until something comes out from someone that offers substantiation to your version of events, then the Pies can do this without legal repercussions.

It is literally just a 'he said/she said' pissing match right now, at the highest level of professional sport in our country - and every one except for Treloar and his close confidants are laughing about it

Last edited:
Why are these two clubs allowed to negotiate a trade weeks after the trade perood expired?
Clearly they didn't agree to terms in time. This isn't the first time clubs have run out of time. The AFL needs to stop doing ridiculous favours for its pet teams and block the trade so everyone can move on.

Correct!

Just send both teams to arbitration. The Dogs will be able to prove Collingwood's fraudulent behaviour and get a judge to rule in our favour. For their slimey tactics they should now be forced to pay the entirety of his salary.
And how the * do you know we're in the wrong? Do you know something we don't?

Back