Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Martin is best trade at the Dogs so far!... but yep, Treloar is humming along nicely.
Was going to say, Stefan Martin to Dogs is the under-rate trade of the year so far.

English looks so much better being free to roam around and drift forward, instead of having all the burden of No1 ruck. It also makes the Doggies forward line genuinely potent with potentially 3 talls down there.

Was going to say, Stefan Martin to Dogs is the under-rate trade of the year so far.

English looks so much better being free to roam around and drift forward, instead of having all the burden of No1 ruck. It also makes the Doggies forward line genuinely potent with potentially 3 talls down there.
Yes indeed. Bruce plays the more traditional forward allowing Naughton (a very good player) to play high forward

For those playing at home. If the ladder was to stay the same as it is now, looking at the points switching hands, Treloar trade pretty much equals... Treloar + pick 54 for... nothing. Zero.

Treloar + 1687 points for 1663 points.

And they’re still paying his contract, doesn’t matter how Collingwood wanna spin this one. Whether his hammies are a ticking time bomb, can’t kick, etc etc. That is absolutely shocking by the pies 😂

Dont understand the fuss really

Even if Treloar was still at the club its hard to see how he would squeeze out a player like Josh Thomas or Levi Greenwood from the 22 anyway.

Watch this thread get bumped if and when he tears a hammy.

He's started well at the club, let's just keep a lid on it. Footy gods have never been kind to us.
Perfectly said.
Trealor when fit and firing is a jet- as seen first 4 rounds this year.
Hammy + Missus and kid interstate = Collingwood's worst nightmare.
Dogs have depth to cover if this happens- pies did not.
Touch (easton) wood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs are every chance to win the flag this year, and I think most neutrals would be happy to see Treloar grab a premiership medal after being exiled by a club he put his heart into.

Really liking how he's fit into the Bulldogs midfield too. Thought initially it might not have made a major difference given how many accumulators the Doggies already have, but his pace is still there and he can cut open a game in a 5 minute burst. Footskills have looked very good, and managed some precision kicks at times.

I still could not believe Josh Dunkley was on the trade table last year. To not only keep him but add another contested bull to the mix . . . . only the Doggies can pinch the premiership away from Richmond this season.

I still could not believe Josh Dunkley was on the trade table last year. To not only keep him but add another contested bull to the mix . . . . only the Doggies can pinch the premiership away from Richmond this season.
Definitely wasn’t on the table, Essendon offered him a big contract that he was keen on taking but we didn’t want to deal unless it was massive overs considering he had 2 years left on his contract and Essendon didn’t want to pay up so we held on to him.

I heard this was called the worst trade in AFL history. Is it?

No, because there is Stephen O'Reilly. And lots of other bad trades which eclipse this. However, still a bad trade, Collingwood are paying for a guy to be playing in a GF while they are 17th.

One of Treloar or Ben Brown will be a premiership player in a little over a week, in a season where their former teams finished 17th and 18th.

Funny how things work out.

Did we all hear the news recently that the AFL are changing the trade paperwork that clubs lodge to now require a breakdown of who's paying what money wise (as well as of course the players and picks involved.)

As I suspected all along- the whole mess was an accident waiting to happen due to complete amaterish process in place by the afl in not having paperwork which accounted for scenarios where former clubs pay some salary.

The AFL as a billion dollar industry really do get shown up as being rank amateurs far more frequently than other billion dollar industries.

We should demand better, especially given they pay no tax.

I almost think the bad PR from Buckley and Collingwood putting Adam and his pregnant partner under the bus, and saying none of the Pies players wanted to play with Treloar anymore (clearly a lie) was as damaging to the club with the little return they got for ADZ.

I almost think the bad PR from Buckley and Collingwood putting Adam and his pregnant partner under the bus, and saying none of the Pies players wanted to play with Treloar anymore (clearly a lie) was as damaging to the club with the little return they got for ADZ.
Possibly but everyone responsible for that pr stunt is now gone.

Back