Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This Treloar situation is laughable from every angle.

Clearly he got pissed off when Collingwood put his name up last year in their feeble attempts to get Matt Rowell. He has responded with this daft idea of living away from his partner (who he can barely keep away from for 30 seconds) and puts a gun to their head.

Collingwood don’t care because they probably want Will Phillips and some salary cap space, and figure they move him (most likely to GC or Essendon if he kicks up) and they get a player for a quarter of the cost with 9 more years on the clock.

Treloar gets to keep the most important thing to him...money, whilst not giving up the 2nd most important thing attention.

Watching him confidently spin that BS on 360 dead set wanted to make me spew up. He did and said exactly the same crap years ago.

Just be honest people, the situation is untenable, make the arrangements and move on.
That’s an awful summation

This Treloar situation is laughable from every angle.

Clearly he got pissed off when Collingwood put his name up last year in their feeble attempts to get Matt Rowell. He has responded with this daft idea of living away from his partner (who he can barely keep away from for 30 seconds) and puts a gun to their head.

Collingwood don’t care because they probably want Will Phillips and some salary cap space, and figure they move him (most likely to GC or Essendon if he kicks up) and they get a player for a quarter of the cost with 9 more years on the clock.

Treloar gets to keep the most important thing to him...money, whilst not giving up the 2nd most important thing attention.

Watching him confidently spin that BS on 360 dead set wanted to make me spew up. He did and said exactly the same crap years ago.

Just be honest people, the situation is untenable, make the arrangements and move on.
A number of face palm moments as I tried to get through this rubbish.

5 years left on his deal with the big money starting now..
he is a gun but massive risk for a club to pay big money at 31/32

Suns need an A Grade mid to take the next step. It’s a risk they have to take.

Unfortunately though, it’s a risk we can’t force Treloar to take. We have to convince him somehow.

With extended family in Sydney (Rav) and Melbourne (Treloar), it actually doesn’t really make sense to move to Queensland given her contract is less than a year. If he leaves Collingwood, it’ll probably be for another Victorian club.

Yeah. I feel he likely he stays at Collingwood this year and explores options next year pending on his wife’s contract situation. She only has a one year deal. If she gets longer term security in qld then maybe he pushes GC

With extended family in Sydney (Rav) and Melbourne (Treloar), it actually doesn’t really make sense to move to Queensland given her contract is less than a year. If he leaves Collingwood, it’ll probably be for another Victorian club.

Actually what doesn’t make sense to most rational normal people is a young seemingly very loving couple having a child and then choosing to work apart when they didn’t have to.

Your President was asked on Classified why didn’t his partner enquire about joining the Collingwood Netball side, his response?

“Well I don’t know you would have to ask her.”

Treloar was put up for trade last year and he did not like it one bit.

Last edited:
Have Collingwood lowered their hand at the trade table by being so blunt in telling him to ship off (or words to that effect)

Personally I think they are trading him mainly to try clear up Salary Cap Space.

It's been a while since the Pies have made a bold trading decision like this, at any rate.

At first glance, it seems like Gold Coast can offer the Pies the best deal (in terms of picks)

Have Collingwood lowered their hand at the trade table by being so blunt in telling him to ship off (or words to that effect)

Personally I think they are trading him mainly to try clear up Salary Cap Space.

It's been a while since the Pies have made a bold trading decision like this, at any rate.

At first glance, it seems like Gold Coast can offer the Pies the best deal (in terms of picks)

Any club saying they would consider a possible trade - Elmer Judd: "OMG GUYS CLUB X IS HAVING A FIRE SALE NO LEVERAGE WOWOWOWOWOW"

If Collingwood wanted to convince Treloar to go to Qld (Deal pending) and he didn't want to go. Could Collingwood (Eddie) have arranged for Kim to get a good offer from the Queensland Firebirds in the hope he would go to a club that wanted him, was prepared to take on contract, and had draft picks they were prepared to give up that were acceptable. Seems far fetched, but her contract offer may have exceeded what she would have been paid in Victoria, and the Suns are very interested.

Sounds like he has no interest in leaving Vic.

Posturing, even if he is convinced he has to go to GC there is more value in keeping the market open.

The only thing I agree with Andrew Pridham on is that the Players Association and threat of Free Agency is horribly skewed.

It is forcing clubs to do long impractical deals which rarely work out and for those deals to end in tears.

If players want to keep using the threat of challenging the draft to buffer their free agency ambition go ahead and challenge it and see what happens but be careful what you wish for because Australia cannot sustain a competition with 8 financial teams.

These BS 5,6,7 year deals need to be stopped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any club saying they would consider a possible trade - Elmer Judd: "OMG GUYS CLUB X IS HAVING A FIRE SALE NO LEVERAGE WOWOWOWOWOW"

3f889e861fff6f3f-.gif

Brown for Trelaor.

We take the rumoured $3.5m (ouch) salary remaining on the contract.

For all the Collingwood fans in the Brown thread:

Well, well, well......

Club pushing him out, toxic contract without any front loading and 5 years left on it, career threatening injury history...

Can't expect the world, can you?

A second round pick sounds about right, maybe a 3rd rounder if the side picks up the enterity of that contract.

He will be on $700k+ when he is 32 years old....

Last edited:
Brown for Trelaor.

Well, well, well......

Club pushing him out, toxic contract without any front loading and 5 years left on it, career threatening injury history...

A second round pick sounds about right, maybe a 3rd rounder if the side picks up the enterity of that contract.

'Cept the wording will be..."Of course we're happy to keep Adam should he choose to stay as he is already a contracted and valued member of our club" (which he is/and we are) instead of North's "His style of play doesn't suit our style going forwards" and he is not contracted after October 31...

See the difference? In all it's entirety ?

'Cept the wording will be..."Of course we're happy to keep Adam should he choose to stay as he is already a contracted and valued member of our club" (which he is/and we are) instead of North's "His style of play doesn't suit our style going forwards" and he is not contracted after October 31...

See the difference? In all it's entirety ?

'Cept every club in the comp know you are ****ed TPP wise and his contract is probably close to the worst you have on the books at the moment.

He can stay and you can continue to tread water for the next 5 years with all of the long term contracts at Collingwood.

Is there anyone of note even going off the books soon to relieve this pressure?

There's about 3 sides in the comp capable of taking on that contract of Trelaors, so there isn't exactly a huge market. Unless Collingwood were to pay part of his salary, which defeats the purpose in the first place of trying to shift his contract.

Tbf he is a flashy stat padder.

Treloar is a very good runner but butchers the ball too often for my liking and the Pies would want too much at the trade table IMO, I'd pass on this one.

I'd take him assuming his hammies aren't cooked...the type of player Carlton needs in our midfield.

I think you misunderstand the player Treloar is, and is meant to be.

Despite his body size and pace and haircut, he's not an outside receiver, running mid, or "soft cheapie gatherer". He's a hard inside ball-winner (48.31% of his possessions this season were contested, and 39.65% over his career), whose main weapon is handball, moreso than ever this year. In fact, he's one of the most creative players by hand in the league.

His disposal efficiency (60.22% this year, 70.31% career) is pretty much on par with most players who gather a similar percentage of contested possessions. It's not like he's an Andrew Gaff-style receiver, who then fluffs a bunch of open kicks.

Last edited:
Brown for Trelaor.

Well, well, well......

I heard we are not Interested in Brown

'Cept every club in the comp know you are f’ed TPP wise and his contract is probably close to the worst you have on the books at the moment.

He can stay and you can continue to tread water for the next 5 years with all of the long term contracts at Collingwood.

Is there anyone of note even going off the books soon to relieve this pressure?

There's about 3 sides in the comp capable of taking on that contract of Trelaors, so there isn't exactly a huge market. Unless Collingwood were to pay part of his salary, which defeats the purpose in the first place of trying to shift his contract.

So again, You can see the difference between OURS and North's situation with BB? Yes he can go if he needs to and Yes he can stay if he wishes. We love him and want to see him do what's best for himself and his family. North on the other hand are telling BB that "His style of play won't do going forward" and he's not offered a contract.

I think you misunderstand the player Treloar is, and is meant to be.

Despite his body size and pace and haircut, he's not an outside receiver, running mid, or "soft cheapies gatherer". He's a hard inside ball-winner (48.31% of his possessions this season were contested, and 39.65% over his career), whose main weapon is handball, moreso than ever this year. In fact, he's one of the most creative players by hand in the league.

His disposal efficiency (60.22% this year, 70.31% career) is pretty much on par with most players who gather a similar percentage of contested possessions. It's not like he's an Andrew Gaff-style receiver, who then fluffs a bunch of open kicks.

I know that's the kind of player he is, it's the type we need. A guy like that but with burst speed. Cripps/Setterfield/Curnow are a bit one-paced.

Back