Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

True.
Unless Adelaide somehow convince BC to stay.
We have the cap space for trelor but I think the club is very keen to hold onto there first rounder this year hence going all in on crouch as a free agent if I had to choose I think trelor would be a better fit for us player wise but not for a first rounder though

We have the cap space for trelor but I think the club is very keen to hold onto there first rounder this year hence going all in on crouch as a free agent if I had to choose I think trelor would be a better fit for us player wise but not for a first rounder though
Don’t agree.
your one good player from potentially getting into the top 4.
You know what you’ll get with Treloar.
The draft is an unknown.
The draft is so over rated when it comes to trading for well known stars.
Richmond traded 6 for Prestia...nek minut...3 flags.
Saints should go all in for Trelor

Don’t agree.
your one good player from potentially getting into the top 4.
You know what you’ll get with Treloar.
The draft is an unknown.
The draft is so over rated when it comes to trading for well known stars.
Richmond traded 6 for Prestia...nek minut...3 flags.
Saints should go all in for Trelor

How big was Prestia's contract? Why should any club take on Collingwood's poor TPP management for a premium first round pick? And you dont know what you'll get with Treloar as he has suspect hammies.

😂 man I’d actually do a nudie run around the Collingwood oval if he ended up with us and Collingwood where paying him 300k to do so.
We can’t afford to take a punt on this guy, even at $600k a year.
There’s warning signs all over the place that he won’t replicate his current output - injuries and personal circumstances. Just too much of a risk for 5 years.

In saying that, I hope it all works out for him at the club he ends up at and maximises his output on the footy field.

Here are my thoughts
Treloar will stay in Melbourne and still likely to be at the Pies. Pies want him out. they have prioritised other players (which is the right list decision) but have gone about it the wrong way. I really feel sorry for the bloke.
Only way he leaves is if Pies pay 200k for first year and 100k for second. Will at best receive a second round pick and may slip to third. For a player of his ability that just isn't enough so he will most likely stay. if it wasn't a COVID year you would have more teams taking a risk and going for him.

Collingwood 30% Too much has to go right for him to leave
Melbourne 20% Will have space and can turn it around
Richmond 20% Shuffle contracts - can bring him in. treloar will go there
North 15% warchest
Essendon 5% outside change - other priorities
Hawthorn 5% outside of window - Treloar won't want to go
WB 5% don't appear interested
St Kilda 0% no cap space - other priorities
Carlton 0% no cap space - other priorities
Geelong 0% no cap space - other priorities

The tigers have heaps of cap room.

Treloar would look ok on a wing.

If Collingwood pay the first year and Richmond renegotiate his contract could be a win-win?
The more i think about it the more it make sense. Just imagine he decides to leave now - goes to the Tigers and sites 'chasing a flag' again... then Pies win in 2021... omg. the story arc there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine we'd be talking to him.

The more i think about it the more it make sense. Just imagine he decides to leave now - goes to the Tigers and sites 'chasing a flag' again... then Pies win in 2021... omg. the story arc there.
Goes to the Tigers because "they've got a better list" to quote Adam himself as he was leaving GWS for the better list at the Pies!

Spoke to Ads today

fu** the Collingwood FC

they treat this bloke with little respect

Forget Gold Coast he doesn’t wanna move, he wants to stay in Melbourne and only at Collingwood. (Wife away only 3 months).

His taken pay cuts the past 2 seasons and told the club re-do contract taking another pay cut moving forward to stay but they have rejected and want him out.

Absoloutely disgusting.

This bloke bleeds black and white and is shown no respect. If does leave it’s against his will and only to Melb based club.

Geez if that’s the case why would he want to stay ? I understand his mates are all there etc , but if a club is basically trying to shove you out the door you wouldn’t exactly feel wanted.

Interesting to see how it plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is 28, he hasn’t won a flag yet. More to the point, the reports are that he would only move to a side already in contention

Oh I am not denying the reports.

But what teams can he exactly rule out when very few clubs are wanting to deal with his current contract. The way it is looking, he will only be able to take what he can get.

And I don't think you can necessarily speak for him and put a line through several clubs.

No team is not in flag contention right now. Not even North. We've been surprised so many times to be thinking this way. The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Oh I am not denying the reports.

But what teams can he exactly rule out when very few clubs are wanting to deal with his current contract. The way it is looking, he will only be able to take what he can get.

And I don't think you can necessarily speak for him and put a line through several clubs.

No team is not in flag contention right now. Not even North. We've been surprised so many times to be thinking this way. The best way to predict the future is to create it.
No side had ever won the flag from so low down, especially not in an 18 team comp.

I would imagine that even if a side like North etc came calling, he’d prefer to stay at Collingwood.

No side had ever won the flag from so low down, especially not in an 18 team comp.

I would imagine that even if a side like North etc came calling, he’d prefer to stay at Collingwood.

There is always time for a first. I'm not saying it will happen.
It is EXTREMELY unlikely, but not impossible. Nothing like this ever is.

It's believed Treloar wants to stay at the pies regardless of what teams come forward.
But if it is also the case that Collingwood don't want him, I just cannot fathom why he wants to stay.

28 or not, I'd pick North everyday of the week if I was in his position. Why continue playing where you are unwanted?
Besides, where does it say that Collingwood are closer to their next flag. The state of the two sides means very little here.

Players too have to accept the fact that a flag is tough to reach and roughly 70-80% of the competition never see such glory.

Hes locked in on a huge contract getting paid more than hes worth and has a hot partner playing pro netball.
Hes going ok... Not sure he needs sympathy...

Dude should just embrace the GC imo.
GC are closer to a flag than Pies.

Guys like Treloar want to be paid as professionals but wont act like professionals.
Your sympathy might be more useful than your advice.

Pies still have a better list.

Tiges just have a better board, CEO, President, coach, coaching group, captain and leadership group, action plan, style of play, and culture.

Not sure about that.

Mihocek and Cox are probably not good enough to win a flag with.

Very old list Collingwood too

Back